Flex Wine Tours
Ranked #3 of 44 Transportation in Napa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Planning your trip to wine country is very exciting, but with all the choices of where to go and what to, it's also overwhelming for most. Sit back and relax while we handle all the details for your wine country adventure. We offer custom designed curated private wine tours to both Napa and Sonoma regions exploring the "Roads Less Traveled" spots in unpretentious cool style and total comfort. Personal interactive guides and local professional Sommelier/host James interactively accompany you on your special day providing local insights. Enjoy a customized wine tasting experience and premium touring in roomy premium SUV luxury vehicles with spectacular visibility along with all the new modern conveniences and extras at your fingertips. Professional quality photography of the people, places, and landscapes included on your tour day at no extra charge. Relax with us...You're in wine country!
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Our daughter, now 24, had wanted to go to Napa since she was 21. With our schedules, it took three years to get there!! Turned out it was just my husband, my daughter and myself. Not quite the reserved group as it sounds! We selected Flex Wine Tours based on Tripadvisor reviews. Never would we have imagined that a car tour instead of a limo ride would have been a superior choice. I made a call, told James we wanted to visit the "less populated places with good wine", and a stop for lunch somewhere with a view. James planned our day. Diane, James' wife, was our driver/guide - she is awesome. We started at Mumms for a tour and sparkling wine (as it was 10AM) - this is a really fun place for a tasting. We then ventured to Raymonds. This place is so unique, and the wines were great. Love, loved, loved it! Then it was time for lunch ... WOW did James take care of us!! We had reservations at Bistro don Giovanni. This place is a bit pricy, but the food and views were worth every penny! Then off to more wineries (that were both amazing). Our day couldn't have been better. We are coming back with a large group this summer for our daughters 25th birthday,and plan to reserve both cars at Flex Wine (Diane and James here we come)!!

Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our first trip to Napa last weekend. A friend recommended Flex Wine Tours, and we were not disappointed!

I had never seen the Flex vehicle before. We immediately fell in love! The roominess, personal moonroof for each passenger and cooler in the middle console were ideal. Of course, the owner James, had the vehicle stocked with water, beverages, snacks and an incredible palate cleansing drink that was just what we needed after a day of wine tasting! All nice touches.

When I originally contacted James, we had discussed our preference for Alexander Valley wines, and he built our itinerary around Alexander Valley. James brought us to five small wineries that I never would have found on my own. The wine was delicious throughout, but I must say the experiences were unbelievable! We saw gorgeous views, had many one-on-one experiences at the vineyards and even sat on a winemaker's front porch sipping wine while they told us the history of their vineyard!

James was professional and friendly. He made the whole day about what we enjoyed, from the places that we visited to the music in the car. He walked us into each winery with an introduction. James helped guide, without pushing his own opinions and tastes onto us. He was also a huge wealth of knowledge in planning our other days with winery suggestions, and input into which vineyards he thought we would enjoy the most.

I am so glad that we used Flex Wine Tours on the last day of our trip, as we would not have been able to top that day of memories. We will definitely use Flex Wine Tours again on our next visit!

Reviewed February 27, 2012

My girlfriend and I wanted a private tour with a knowledgable driver. From the moment I spoke to James on the phone, I could tell he knew the area and the best places to take us that would give us the best tasting experience. He was friendly, well prepared (with snacks and water), and knew exactly where to take us based on our previous discussion of our likes and dislikes. Our day was fabulous, filled with beautiful views of napa and excellent wines. We learned a lot about the area from James. He took us to an amazing place for lunch where we also had a salt and olive oil tasting!! I was a great day and we would use James and Flex wine tours for all other trips to that area!!

Reviewed February 27, 2012

My husband and I recently returned from a trip to Sonoma. We found Flex Tours on Trip Advisor and were so impressed with the reviews that were anxious to tour with James (we didn’t get to meet Diane :( Before our arrival, James talked with us about our wine tastes and what we wanted to include in our tour. He did a fabulous job of planning our itinerary specifically to our desires. We loved his choices: caves, castles, J vineyard for our sparkling wines, and smaller intimate wineries where we met the winemakers. We were early on our schedule so we were able to visit a few extra wineries that we heard about. We spent two days touring with James in the FLEX/Crossover. We were comfortable and surprised with the amenities he provided for our trip. More than that, we wanted to learn as much as we could about wines and James’ knowledge of every process of wine making to wine tasting was remarkable. We stopped and examined vines and learned interesting details including the type, age, soil features etc. He taught how to taste by sight, smell, examining the color, and paying attention to the bouquet and first aromas. We never “thought” we were Chardonnay or Blush Zinfandel fans, but James taught us how to identify our likes for a particular wine based on differences of the Appalachian in which it was grown. It truly makes a difference and we found several whites that we love and now we know how to identify it back home. He also taught me how to “perfectly pair” my wine with foods. He took us to local places for lunch so we had a true feel for the area. After we returned home, he sent pictures of our tour that he took (which is included in your tour price). They are of professional quality and absolutely beautiful. We consider it a special memento of our visit. We are looking forward to a future visit with James touring the Napa Valley!

Reviewed February 23, 2012

We coordinated our tour with James the week before, and he set up a day of tasting based on our preferences, experiences and parameters. We wanted a mix of old and new wineries, and wanted to focus on the smaller wineries. We spent the day with Diane, who had an agenda for the day, but was flexible to our inputs and experiences as the day went along. We went to two tastings before lunch, and then picked up lunch at a local deli (Dean and Deluca.) She called the next winery, and arranged for us to eat lunch during the next tasting, which worked out fabulously. We continued on for a total of three locations after lunch (at one of which we were able to taste wines from two wineries.) Throughout the day, Diane provided information about the Napa Valley, wineries, and wines. Overall a great experience with an exceptional tour company.