“A place with lots of pretense bot none of the class!”
Review of Oenotri

Oenotri
Reserve with OpenTable
Oenotri is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 289 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: School Street
Description: Oenotri serves southern-Italian cuisine in the heart of the famed Napa Valley wine country, with a daily-changing menu of rustic dishes built around the freshest local product available. Opened in 2010, Oenotri is reflective of a passion for handcrafted food, offering a menu with more than 20 different types of house-made salumi, an array of handmade fresh and dry pasta, exclusive olive oil sourced from within the Napa Valley, breads made daily in-house, and of course a huge variety of produce sourced from its own farm.
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Let's start with the poor reception by the "host". The young woman was absorbed in whatever was on her podium and couldn't be bothered to look up at the guests. Her greeting question was "How may I help you?", still uttered without eye contact. Very bizarre question for a place where people usually come to eat and drink. Hint to management: a little bit of training goes a long way!
The food was tasty but no better than something I would whip up in my own kitchen and absolutely not deserving of the price. We tried to use a gift certificate we got for a Christmas gift and were informed by the "server" that they no longer work with Open Table. Incidentally, we checked later and according to Open Table, they still issue gift certificates for this restaurant.
While this place is no more expensive than most other pretentious restaurants in Napa, the level of service and staff demeanor left a lot to be desired. The strangest sight was seeing the wait staff meddling around the bar talking and staring at guests rather than actually serving. Occasionally, one would come around and clear a plate without uttering a word. In essence, the place felt very unwelcoming and the six pieces of ravioli served for dinner fell well short of making any impression, much less satisfy an appetite. The wine list is insultingly meager considering they are in Napa Valley!!! Reviewers who praise the wine list must have been severely deprived of good wine before dining there.
I associate Italian meals with warm-hearted service and hearty, fulfilling meals, and this place is just a bar with lots of pretense but none of the class that would go along with Italian restaurants you'd find in places like Chicago or Boston.
Needless to say, I would not waste my money there again, and would reserve it for the handful of places in Napa that are mindful of locals and maintain a consistently excellent level of service and quality of food.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I had a pizza that was so salty, I could only eat half. Place is known for pizza but had a change in mangment a few months ago, which may be the problem. My husband's squid dish was just O.K. The 15$ corkage fee was reasonable, but the waiter never refilled the wine glass. My husband had to refill his own. So what are you paying for? The place did not have many people in it, yet service was slow. The dessert list was short and the combos were not that appealing, so we skipped it. We had been there 5 years ago and it was very good. My husband is in the hospitality business, but got no discount, and will no longer refer people there.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

There's the noise. Cacophany. The tables are wide, where we sat against the mirrored wall, and I could see the lips moving, but couldn't hear a thing being said. And the wine steward, a barrel-voiced man, moving from table to table, shouting. Above the din. And there was the delay- I ordered "scffituni", and after a half-hour or so the waiter came by and apologized. "cooks got 5 orders of scaffituni before your order went in...it's going to be a while longer." Like another 45 minutes. So we ate the appetizers and waited. One of us didn't like the wine- Italian by the glass. Damian, our waiter, was argumentative, and after seeing our displeasure, made himself scarce. And then, and then in the middle of the meal they sat a party of eight, REALLY LOUD middle aged, couples who already were half-in-the-bag, and more obnoxious shouting, more din. Couldn't wait to leave. Wanted desert, and went elsewhere to get it. A miserable, and very expensive, "dinning" experience.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Traveling with friends from NYC who are foodies and pride themselves as pizza connoisseurs. Decided to spend New Year's Eve having dinner at Oenotri. We ordered a pizza as a starter. They were so impressed, we had to immediately order another one. I think it was a margarita? Fun friendly place with delicious food! Try it! Benissimo!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Came to Napa for the weekend with some friends. We were told to check out this place, killer pizza! Crispy crusty, black bubbles on the crust! Wow! simple and good great cocktails and friendly staff. Server named Derrick? very informative and so into the place. Will definitely be back.