“Do Not Miss Fish Story”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Third Street
Description: Fish Story, offering sustainable, seasonal, ocean-fresh seafood, is Lark Creek Restaurant Group's entry into the Napa Valley dining scene. Located downtown, with ample riverfront patio seating, Fish Story serves lunch weekdays, brunch weekend days and dinner nightly, featuring live local Dungeness crab, live Maine lobster, fresh fish and shellfish all sourced in accordance with the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch Program, plus non-seafood items.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We went to several restaurants in Napa Town, some with quite famous reputations. Fish Story, hands down was the best. I'm referring to the food, the server, the ambience, the store front and physical campus and everything else you would want in a fabulous dining experience. There were six of us, and each of us (some of whom are gourmands) loved the place. We closed the restaurant down that evening, and in contrast to certain other experiences (East Coast primarily), we were not at all given the 'bum's rush'. the Fish Story is a must on an itinerary to Napa Town.

1  Thank Jerry R
There are newer reviews for Fish Story Restaurant

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I think the Lark Creek Group of restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area are outstanding. Fish Story is their newest venture. The waterfront location on the Napa River in Downtown Napa is ideal. The decor was outstanding and creative (look for the fishing lures). The waitress was perfect. The food was good, not noteable but good. The management needs Food Network's Robert Irvine or Hell's Kitchen star Chef Ramsay to do an overhaul. It took nearly 30 minutes from the time we finshed our very tasty New England clam chowder before the entree arrived. The waitress handled it professionally stopping by on several ocassions to apologize and offer us more bread. But where was the manager, out to lunch?

I will try this establishment again, because every restaurant deserves a second chance.

1  Thank RickMiller
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love seafood of all kinds. Went to the Fish Storey to try it out and was not overwhelmed.

I had the grilled Mahi-mahi -presentation was good but it was dry and rather a small serving.

My wife had scallops which were good but the chef had mixed in some pieces of roast pork which
was an odd combination.

Overall meal was pricey and would not hurry back.

1  Thank Digcert
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Maybe it was just becuase it was out last night in Napa and after 3 days of wine, we'd had enough...

But, this meal was just average. Nothing was spectacular. My fish was dry and my wife's meal was nothing special.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The restaurant design was lovely inside, but they were so busy we sat on the patio. It was pretty cold outside and one standng heater wasn't working, while a ceiling heater was placed in the wrong spot to help at all. However, they were able to seat us inside before our food came. The service was very good, but the food was just okay for my taste as well as my husbands. I had scallops with pork belly. Yes, it sounded like an odd combination but I thought it may be similar in flavor to bacon wrapped sacllops. Sadly, it wasn't. The pork and scallops were alternated on the plate and not incorporated together. The scallops were okay, but the pork was way too fatty. My husband ordered a fish plate that he said was dry and bland. Maybe they have other dishes that are better, but next time we are in town we will probably try somewhere else.

1  Thank hotellover13