“Nice restaurant, but just OK food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fish Story Restaurant - CLOSED

Fish Story Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Third Street
Description: Fish Story, offering sustainable, seasonal, ocean-fresh seafood, is Lark Creek Restaurant Group's entry into the Napa Valley dining scene. Located downtown, with ample riverfront patio seating, Fish Story serves lunch weekdays, brunch weekend days and dinner nightly, featuring live local Dungeness crab, live Maine lobster, fresh fish and shellfish all sourced in accordance with the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch Program, plus non-seafood items.
Chino, California
“Nice restaurant, but just OK food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The restaurant design was lovely inside, but they were so busy we sat on the patio. It was pretty cold outside and one standng heater wasn't working, while a ceiling heater was placed in the wrong spot to help at all. However, they were able to seat us inside before our food came. The service was very good, but the food was just okay for my taste as well as my husbands. I had scallops with pork belly. Yes, it sounded like an odd combination but I thought it may be similar in flavor to bacon wrapped sacllops. Sadly, it wasn't. The pork and scallops were alternated on the plate and not incorporated together. The scallops were okay, but the pork was way too fatty. My husband ordered a fish plate that he said was dry and bland. Maybe they have other dishes that are better, but next time we are in town we will probably try somewhere else.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hotellover13

Redwood City, California, USA
“Great fish and seafood spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very cool seafood restaurant in Downtown Napa on the Napa River. The fish - grilled trout - was fantastic. The crab cioppino was a but thin and watery.

Bali, Indonesia
“great dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Everything about our dinner was fabulous! Excellent fish, beautifully prepared and presented. Wait staff pleasant, attentive and informative. Great wine choices.

Pacifica, California
“Nice atmosphere, service and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had a delightful meal at Fish Story. The Ahi Tuna is magnificent. Reminded me of Michael Mina's famous Ahi Tuna Tartar. The drinks were nice. We also found good vegetarian meals there. I recommend it and will return.

Roseville, CA
“Excellent Choice for Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I had a great dinner at Fish Story this past weekend while we were visiting Napa. I was able to make a reservation easily using OpenTable and we sat down right on time even though the restaurant was pretty busy.
Overall it was a little pricey, but we knew that going in. The food was excellent and we would definitely recommend it to a friend looking for a nice seafood dinner. We would definitely return if given the chance.
The drink selection was extensive, I had a Russian Mule (I think) that came in a cool copper mug, it was a great drink. We had the chilled crab for an appetizer, which was excellent. For dinner we had the Mahi Mahi and Ahi Tuna, once again both were excellent.
The service was quick and friendly. The manager came around to check on us, which I thought was a nice touch for the prices we were paying. The setting was comfortable and friendly, it has a nice location on the river.
Overall we spent about $50/person including tips, etc. So a little on the pricey side, but we were happy with our choice.

• Visited February 2013