“What a great jewel of a hotel in Wine Country.”
Review of SENZA Hotel

SENZA Hotel
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had the best room right in the vineyard. Suite with bedroom, living room and great bath. Spacious and lovely. Hot tub outside. Wine and cheeses in the afternoon and breakfast - all delicious. Would go back again. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Room 13 very private with your own porch.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear TeddyPeter,

It is fantastic to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us and the time you spent in Wine Country.

When you have a chance to return to the Napa Valley, we look forward to welcoming you back once more.

Thank you again for taking the time to offer feedback from your stay.

There are newer reviews for SENZA Hotel

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at La Residence for my engagement weekend with my girlfriend. I couldn't have asked for a better hotel, service, and overall experience. I let the staff know that I was planning on proposing and they were extremely helpful. They helped me find a spot on the property to pop the question, had great dinner recommendations, and helped me all along the way to make sure my engagement was a special one. Once I chose the location I wanted to use, they even moved my hotel room location to better accommodate logistically for the proposal.

The breakfast was great, the wine happy hours were a lot of fun, and the small amount of rooms made for an extremely personable and peaceful experience.

I would recommend La Residence to any family or friends, and I will be staying there again the next time I visit the Wine Country.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear wmbadams,

We are happy to read that your choice of location and hotel to propose to your future wife turned out to be the perfect place to do so.

We truly pride ourselves on making the details of a specific request become a reality, so it is great to read that your special question was asked in exactly the way you intended.

Since your departure, the concierge who helped this happen has been able to see some photographs that were taken as the proposal unfolded, and they look truly special.

When you look to return in the future, please contact us directly as we will be ready and willing to make your next visit as special as your first...... Who knows, it could be the perfect honeymoon location too!!!

Best regards and congratulations once more,

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I were married at La Residence and returned for our tenth anniversary. We returned because we liked it so much during our wedding. As always, the staff is great. Everyone had a smile and had the answer to every question. A very big thank you to Kelly for the split of champagne, cheesecake and strawberries when she learned it was our anniversary. The room was very nice, with excellent bedding and linens. We learned that La Residence will be closing for a few months while they undergo an expansion and renovation. The place is gorgeous now, but I cannot wait to see what they do to improve it.

Room Tip: We have stayed here twice and both were very nice. The rooms on the east side might be a little qui...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Michael S,

Congratulations on your tenth anniversary!! Thank you for you returning to La Residence to celebrate this special occasion.

It is very pleasing to read that the hotel has kept its charm and beauty in the 10yrs since your last visit.

We hope that you will consider a return visit for your 11th year celebration, as this will allow us to show you the new additions to the property. We will be sure to not take anything away from what La Residence has been as this is what makes us so beautiful and unique.

Once again, congratulations!!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at La Residence for 3 nights for my birthday/Labor day. We were surprised and delighted to be upgraded from our garden room to an amazing two bedroom, two bath, full kitchen swo storey separate house on the property (apparently the residence of the original owners). It was amazing, luxurious beds with great pillows, immaculate furnishings and great toiletries. A wonderful breakfast and wine and cheese (fabulous variety) come with the stay. Great location and staff, couldn't have been better, we'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear jobrankin,

We appreciate you staying with us recently and celebrating your birthday in Wine Country.

We hope that when you return to the valley, that you will consider a return visit and allow us to take care of you again once more.

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback from your stay.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Peaceful, quiet, relaxing. The first three adjectives that come to mind.

My wife and I stayed at La Residence as part of her birthday celebration. The grounds are beautiful as is the entire countryside. A small vineyard resides on the property. Fountains, art as well a multiple buildings that one can choose to stay in. My wife and I were in a room in the "mansion". The room wasn't overly large but comfortable as was the king bed. If you would like more room I understand that there are suites available although I did not get the chance to look at one. We also had a deck outside the room with a table and comfortable chairs. Our deck was a special because we stayed in room 24 which is in a corner and the deck was very private.

The property provided breakfast every morning with an assortment of food that varied from cold cereal to cold cuts and cheese. A variety of breads and pastrys was also available. All were good. On the weekend hot food such as scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage was also available.

The eventing wine reception was fun but it seemed that everyone during our visit did not mingle as much as I thought that they would. The atmosophere, wine and finger food was all good just the same.

Napa is not an inexpensive destination so there should be no sticker shock as you travel downtown (a mile or 3) and visit the restaurants and shops there.

My only negative critique is that I would have like a small coffee maker in the room although there was coffee available in the dining area whenever I checked. It's just that early in the morning, ( I was on eastern time), I don't care to wander out of my room until I'm presentable.

We only stayed 4 days and spent the remainder of our time in San Francisco. Next time we will skip the city and just stay at La Residence.

Room Tip: Room 24 in the mansion was very nice. The deck has some privacy since you are on the end. There was...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear George D,

Thank you for your recent visit and feedback offered regarding your stay with us.

It is great to read that your wife enjoyed her birthday in the Napa Valley and we hope that you may find time to return and celebrate again in the future.

The valley is a unique and beautiful place at all times of the day, whether it be sunrise and balloons floating overhead, or as the sunsets over the vineyards. We are truly blessed to see this everyday.

When you find the time to return, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we will be sure to take good care of you both once more.

Please wish your wife a happy belated birthday from us here at La Residence.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I have recently returned from a anniversary vacation where we stayed at La Residence in Napa. As per my title, this place is somewhat like a hotel in the fact that each guest has their own room and bathroom with an external door. Where it feels like it's a Bed & Breakfast is that it's extremely inviting, comfortable, quiet, and the staff are extremely friendly.

The room itself was amazing. We opted for a king sized room (not sure if there is are two bed rooms or not) which had a cute bathroom with duel sinks. The bed was comfortable and the room was cozy. We were also greeted with an "anniversary card" on our bed with 2 pieces of cheese cake in our mini-fridge. This was greatly appreciated.

There is complimentary cold-breakfast in the morning which was convenient. This place does not serve hot food, so if that is your thing you would have to into town. Each evening there is a wine and cheese tasting on the main floor from 6 to 7; this was great and a good way to meet other guests.

La Residence is located at the far north end of Napa, so if you plan on going into town for a nice supper and numerous drinks, the taxi ride is roughly $15 each way. Not bad, just a word of warning. However, there is a very nice Italian restaurant roughly a 2 minute walk away that I would highly recommend. Some TripAdvisor members indicated that it's noisy due to the fact that La Residence is close to the highway. True, it is close to the highway, but both nights there we never noticed any traffic noise. Great sleeps both nights.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It was well worth the money and will hope to visit again soon.

Dear brenmiller85,

Thank you for your very informative feedback from your recent stay with us this month.

We truly appreciate your comments and it is always great to read what our guests feel once they are here and settled. As you mention, the property has a very intimate feel and allows you to enjoy Napa as much or as little as you please.

We are very fortunate to have such a great restaurant in Bistro Don Giovanni just a 2 minute walk away, with many of our guests enjoying a walk past the vineyards to go to dinner each evening after our nightly wine hour.

When you look to return to the Napa Valley, please contact us directly so we can assist in making your next visit as enjoyable as the first.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

La Residence was the perfect little spot for a night or two in Napa. Very cozy, nice rooms, friendly staff and more than adequate breakfast (with a view!). It would be tough to stay here for a long visit as its not super easy to get in and out of town, but other than that its a winner!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
LaResidenceNapa, General Manager at SENZA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Amanda B,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent visit in August to us.

We hope that when you next visit the Napa Valley that you would consider a return visit to us here at La Residence. If that is an option, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Graham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill
Hotel Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#2 of 6 in Yountville

Been to SENZA Hotel? Share your experiences!