“Fantastically Fresh & Delicious”
Review of Morimoto Napa

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Morimoto's contemporary Japanese menu infuses traditional dishes with Western ingredients and preparation techniques. His seasonal and ever-changing selection of raw fish preparations will feature the freshest seafood available as well as locally grown fruits and vegetables from supporting farmers. Morimoto's signature offerings include Toro Tartare, presented in a shallow wooden tray with condiments including creme fraiche, wasabi, avocado, nori paste, chives, crispy rice, and dashi-soy. Tuna Pizza made with raw tuna, anchovy aioli, and jalapeno; Morimoto Sashimi, a terrine of seared Toro, smoked salmon, barbequed eel, tuna and Hamachi served with five different sauces in pipettes.
Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

If you enjoy quality, service, ambiance and an awesome array of food, wine and sprits, then just make reservations and visit this establishment. We’ve been going to Morimoto in Napa for several years and always have had a consistent and quality experience.

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,422)

Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

I wish we had gone here sooner. This was hands down the best meal we have had in Napa. Everything was wonderful and very creative. The service was unbelievably great. The highlight was the S’mores dessert. Make sure to get that if you check this restaurant out.

Reviewed May 13, 2019

This is quite a glamorous place... while you don't need to dress up, I'm glad we did like many others for supper and it was quite the eye candy! Our awesome server Ari recommended a wonderful cocktail that did not disappoint - white lily - shirayuri, like spring in a glass! Our starters were amazing - sticky ribs, tuna pizza and crispy crab roll... all wonderful and set the stage!

Unfortunately things went downhill from there... we'd ordered the duck meatball ramen, bland w/ nondescript noodles, not what we're accustomed to. We also ordered the braised black cod which was really good, but also really sweet with NOTHING else on the plate aside from a lonely piece of fish. I thought that was strange... we ordered a side of shishito peppers, which had good flavor but were way over-salted however complimented the too-sweet cod well.

Overall a great experience, but for what we expected, we were a bit disappointed at the mains. The service and atmosphere were stellar, but my husband's favorite restaurant is Morimoto in Philadelphia, so that was the standard we expected.

Reviewed May 11, 2019

Well , we did not have reservation, was 1/2 hr. wait, service wa ok..forgot birthday gal dessert (was ice cream)complimentary.. charged guests on bill.. was embarrassing...they took it off when I inquired, gave a small token Japanese candy in a small cute box afterwards but overall the food was fresh and tasty way overpriced because it is Napa and the name you are paying for...they were hungry so it was only one in town ..I know there are similar ones without the high price...I will not go back due to that..or recommend..

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed May 9, 2019

I have eaten here many times and have always had a good time. Expensive but good food and service is expensive no way around it.
Two nights ago was a different story. The food really slipped a couple notches and I don't think it was just an off night. The staff turn over was amazing.The place was full and noisy but out server was deep in the weeds and just could not catch up. Instead of helping the manager just stood behind the bar and talked with a pretty girl sitting at the bar. I am sure she was some one important to him but the manager is there to help out and manage. He was doing neither. We even asked for another bottle of sake at $130 per bottle but walked back empty handed and just handed the job off to someone else . Just worthless.
No one asked us if everything was fine, also the managers job . No one said good night etc. I do not believe a place can make it in Napa without the local community backing them. I guess Morimoto is going to try. Good luck as I will not be coming back.

1  Thank winemanNapaCa_