“Special Dining Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morimoto Napa

Morimoto Napa
Reserve with OpenTable
Morimoto Napa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 283 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Morimoto's contemporary Japanese menu infuses traditional dishes with Western ingredients and preparation techniques. His seasonal and ever-changing selection of raw fish preparations will feature the freshest seafood available as well as locally grown fruits and vegetables from supporting farmers. Morimoto's signature offerings include Toro Tartare, presented in a shallow wooden tray with condiments including creme fraiche, wasabi, avocado, nori paste, chives, crispy rice, and dashi-soy. Tuna Pizza made with raw tuna, anchovy aioli, and jalapeno; Morimoto Sashimi, a terrine of seared Toro, smoked salmon, barbequed eel, tuna and Hamachi served with five different sauces in pipettes.
Clovis, California
“Special Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I recently attended a group dinner and had an experience that was new and interesting. We had an opportunity to taste a large majority of appetizers they were fabulous. I ordered the crispy fish which is a whole fish on your plate. It was spicier than listed so be careful. The dining atmosphere is very nice but it is a large open style room and the noise factors can be distracting if you are looking for something more intimate. Everyone had a unique dish for their main entree so the surprise was seeing all of the dishes and the presentation.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

outoftown85
“Great sushi skip the ramen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very neat building. It has a great view in the back. the service was great and the sushi awesome. The ramen was rather bland and I ended up adding jalapenos for flavor.

Orlando, Florida, USA
“Good spot in the heart of DT Napa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We visited at the end of a long day of wine tasting... The service was a little slow and we were exhausted, so we decided to get our food to go after it was ordered, but it was great edamame and sushi. We look forward to going back when we aren't as exhausted.

San Francisco, California
“Quality of restaurant has declined”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

I've been to Morimoto Napa three previous times and lunch today was disappointing. The quality has definitely deteriorated. First, the hostess needs a lesson in customer service. When I asked if I could have a seat at the sushi bar, she first wanted me to wait and then when I asked what's the issue, she decides to let me in and take me to of course, a completely empty sushi bar so I am confused as to why she wanted me to wait. The waiter took my order then I never saw him again and had to ask another waiter to get my bill. The worst part of the lunch today was the poor quality of the sushi. My salmon skin roll was not a normal salmon skin roll, it was not fresh and the skin was rock hard. I ate one piece and left the rest on the plate. The spider roll was also below the standard for a Morimoto restaurant. I made a special trip to Napa today to eat at Morimoto and was very disappointed. When you pay $60 for lunch, you expect the best. I will not be going back. I recently ate at the Morimoto in Maui and that was excellent. I rarely write reviews but writing this one in the hopes that Napa restaurant manager reads this and makes improvements.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Berkeley, California
“Best Sushi in Napa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Food was great, place was amazed ; and they --truly-- delivery an :"Outstanding Customer Service" Happy to return at any time !