“Morimoto for lunch!”
Review of Morimoto Napa

Morimoto Napa
Reserve with OpenTable
Morimoto Napa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 286 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Morimoto's contemporary Japanese menu infuses traditional dishes with Western ingredients and preparation techniques. His seasonal and ever-changing selection of raw fish preparations will feature the freshest seafood available as well as locally grown fruits and vegetables from supporting farmers. Morimoto's signature offerings include Toro Tartare, presented in a shallow wooden tray with condiments including creme fraiche, wasabi, avocado, nori paste, chives, crispy rice, and dashi-soy. Tuna Pizza made with raw tuna, anchovy aioli, and jalapeno; Morimoto Sashimi, a terrine of seared Toro, smoked salmon, barbequed eel, tuna and Hamachi served with five different sauces in pipettes.
Suisun City
“Morimoto for lunch!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The special inexpensive lunch is a bargain! Mmm sushi is the best and the specials are even better if that is possible. Get ready for an extensive wine list and knowledgeable servers.

Visited May 2012

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Incredible food, some areas for definite improvement.”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was really blown away by this place.
Food:Not quite enough superlatives in my vocabulary. Sushi that was swimming in the ocean reportedly 6 hours before you ate it… Artfully presented dishes, amazing flavor profiles, a foodies delight. I had the chef tasting menu which amazed me. My buddy did the same only with the wine pairing, which he told me was perfectly paired as well. Could easily compete in Chicago, Paris, New York.
Service:Knowledgable, friendly, prompt. I am dinging them as I specifically asked them not to bring a food item as part of my meal- and he did. Not a big deal at Chilis or AppleBees- at a place where you can drop 200 per person , that was unacceptable.
Atmosphere:Pretty slick, but some tables were shaky/unstable, they really need to fix this. A little loud.
Value:Not cheap, but a truly memorable dinner for foodies.
The food will clearly bring me back- to play with the big boys they need some work.

• Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Sophisticated Sushi”
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Pleasant setting with outdoor seating at the river's edge. But you don't go there for the atmoshere. If you want the freshest sushi and wonderfully prepared Japanese food, then eat at Morimoto's. We had two specialy ordered sushi rolls, both made perfectly to our specialization. And my wife had the braised black cod. Exquisite! The sauces were not just good they were memorable. Lunch is far more reasonable than dinner, which can be a bit pricey. But Morimoto's is worth the price. Our server was knowledgable, helpful, attentive and proud of the restaurant.

San Francisco, California
“Foodie Alert”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Try the tasting menu. It was pricey but worth it. Some of the food on the menu I would have never ordered myself and loved it. Nice patio with heaters to keep you warm. Brought the dog and they treated him just as nice as us. That is very important! Great service!!!

Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Lived up to expectations”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We chose a table outside on a balmy evening, so did not experience the kitchen buzz reported by other reviewers. In fact, it was almost serene where we were seated. Our server, a culinary-school student and certified sommelier, impressed us as a food and wine expert. Her advice was sound and much-appreciated. As for the food, each dish we ordered was exceptional: the mochi appetizer, spicy king crab appetizer, crispy whole fish as well as some sushi. We would gladly return to Morimoto’s to keep sampling his extremely interesting and creative offerings.

• Visited October 2012