“Neighborhood Gem”

Ranked #1 of 14 Dessert in Napa
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Model Bakery is in good company - next to Oxbow Public Market, next door to a charcuterie and there is a Farmers' Market every Tuesday and Saturday. Although the breakfast sandwiches looked delicious, we decided to try the cinnamon twist and cinnamon bun. Both were excellent.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Best bread in Napa... walking distance from Verasa and next to Oxbow and the Fatted Calf. If you need breakfast, there sandwiches are top notch and the coffee is great. Also, get your bread for that day trip out to the valley.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stopped here with friends to try the cookies based upon a recommendation. We loved the macaroons--they were fresh, soft and tender, just right. We were more disappointed with the snicker doodles, which may not have been completely fresh, since they were pretty dry. Maybe they make them that way, but I'm used to soft snicker doodles. They have a variety of other very good cookies and pastries, and the place was very busy.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I tried the vegetarian breakfast sandwich. You wouldn't think hash browns would work on a muffin sandwich, but with all the other flavors it was very good. Messy, though. Their regular breakfast sandwich holds together better and is also good. I tried their frittata, which is really a kind of crustless quiche. Once I added a little salt it was very good. Also, their mocha was short on chocolate but their vanilla latte was just perfect - I think that's due to the roast of coffee they use, so go for a latte if you like them. Wish I'd been able to try their pastries, muffins, and cookies, but there's only so much a girl can eat for breakfast. Guess I'll have to go back again. And again.

They serve breakfast until noon and then I saw some slices of yummy looking pizza in the afternoon as well as some awesome looking baguettes, epis, and boules. Yes, I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My wife and I were staying in Napa for a few days. After reading all the great reviews, we decided to try this place out for breakfast our first morning there. Very very delicious. My wife had an English Muffin with butter and jam. So warm, light & flaky, soft, chewy...everything good. I had the breakfast sandwich, a very upscale English McMuffin with Canadian bacon, egg and cheese. As good as that was though, I honestly thought that the bacon, egg and cheese took away from the simplicity of the muffin itself. I thought that the bacon, egg and cheese took away from the light and flakiness. Don't get me wrong, it was still a delicious breakfast sandwich, I'm just saying that to truly enjoy the awesomeness of the Model Bakery English Muffin, you should try one with just a little butter and/or jam. As I did the following morning. We enjoyed them so much, we went back for seconds.

On a side note, they do get a little busy after around 9AM. We went to the one in Napa, not St. Helena. There's plenty of parking on the street and there's a parking lot. You just might have to walk a few minutes is all. But you might have to wait in line for a little while. I think we waited for maybe 15-20 minutes. Not too bad though, and well worth the wait.