“A tasty treat”

Ranked #5 of 15 Dessert in Napa
Description: Other location at the Ox Bow Market in Napa
Description: Other location at the Ox Bow Market in Napa
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I just popped in to Anette's for a cool treat on a hot day. The white chocolate ice cream was very good and rich. Service was nice but atmosphere seemed kind of like a gift shop (and the sweets are probably often purchased as gifts, so I guess that's not an incorrect thing), but from a restaurant perspective it wasn't anything especially memorable.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

If you like chocolate, this is the place for unique and wonderful truffles and homemade ice creams. OMG, went there 3 nights in a row!!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is really quality chocolate and sweets. Great pairing with your favorite red wine. Don't miss a stop at one of their locations when in Napa.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Find the freebie for free truffles. I also had a cream soda that was yummy

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was searching on the internet for some chocolate cabernet sauce, (A friend of mine said it was heaven in a bottle.) and Anette's Chocolates came up. After reading all the article we thought it was a place we just had to visit. The articles lead us to believe we could see the chocolates being made, but neglected to say the factory is not open every day you had to take a $50-$75 3 hour "foodie tour" of Napa to get to see it and that they only do it on certain days. And you guessed it, was not the day we were there (Sunday).
We were sorely disappointed after driving all the way from Livermore that we weren't going to see the chocolates in production, but did get to taste all the different sauces they had to offer. I am a life-long chocoholic, but must say my favorite was the salted carmel sauce ($4.95 for 2 oz). My husband's was the chocolate Port wine sauce ($9.95 for 5 oz, $19.95 for 12 oz). After tasting a couple of ice creams, decided on the Chilly Turtle sundae ($6.95) which was made with carmel ice cream with two milk chocolate truffles and pecans worked into the ice cream, topped with some Brent's Carmel Brandy Sauce,and Carmel Sauce. It was so rich, creamy and gooey It made me forget my initial disappointment. My husband got a Tuxedo Shake which is Indonesian Vanilla ice cream with Anette's Belgian Chocolate Fudge sauce ($5.75). It too was very rich.
The chocolates were very pricey (almost two dollars a piece and they were small) So we passed on them and bought some of the sauces. They were all so good we bought a small bottle of each and a jar of the salted carmel sauce.
In summary, it was a good visit, but would not drive an hour just to go there.