“Good value, and very good food.”
Review of Bui Bistro

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2016

We are fans of Vietnamese food, and I discovered the Bui Bistro by accident when shopping for some post cards in Napa to send to our friends and relatives. After comparing this place to others, this one came out on top. Not the absolute best meal we ever had, but far from the worst. The litmus test for us is the spring rolls (not the fried kind), and they were excellent. We had the curried duck and sea bass for the mains, which were done very well. The wines available were very good, and reasonably priced for Napa. If you are in the mood for Vietnamese in Napa, this is the go-to place.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed October 21, 2016

We had an excellent meal here. Vietnamese salad, Vietnamese crepe, spring rolls, and melt-in-your-mouth Chilean seabass cooked in clay pot. Service was excellent. The food was fresh and crunchy. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

Authentic Vietnamese food. We had seafood pho and duck soup as our entrees, both really good. For some reason, the restaurant had a variety of wines from all over, including Australia--a bit odd, given the place is in the heart of Ca wine country. I did order a glass of Napa produced wine, and it was actually very good. All in all, a good place, seemed very popular as well.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 22, 2016

Looking for something a little different for my girlfriend's birthday dinner, we remembered Bui Bistro. Although we had never tried it before, we were excited to go in. The place is warm and inviting, dark wood and nice tables. Super happy to see some great wine selections including Chablis and German Riesling that you don't normal find on Napa wine lists, as well as a cool beer list.

We ordered shrimp spring rolls to start which were amazing, fresh and bright and seasoned perfectly especially dipped in a delicious fish sauce. We also tried the duck confit, which was absolutely out of this world tasty. Delicate meat with a nice crispy skin and mouthwatering. For main courses, my girl did the chicken curry, delicate, not too spicy with great flavor. I had the sea bass in a carmelized sauce. Ridiculous flavor, with a moderate just barely sweet flavor and flaky, wonderfully delicious perfectly cooked nuggets of bass.

This place absolutely rocks! Very friendly service and very accommodating to my peanut allergy. We are thrilled to have found this gem in the Napa Valley!!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed September 18, 2016

We ended up here after having a change in our dinner plans on a Friday night and not having made a reservation, we couldn't get in anywhere else. This place was pretty empty. That should have been a warning. It was a combination of Vietnamese and French food, or at least that's what they billed themselves as, it was hard to tell from the menu, which was a bit more eclectic. My wife had a noodle soup and I had a duck dish. The food was ok, I liked the spiciness of the sauce on the duck, however it might be too much for most. The portion of duck was small, essentially a thigh and a leg and that was it, from not a particularly large duck. My wife liked her noodles more than I did. There is not much of a wine or beer list. It has the feel of a storefront Chinese restaurant. The furnishings are a bit sparse. I can't imagine eating here again and it is not someplace I would recommend. We probably would have been better off sitting at a bar in one of the other restaurants we passed.

Date of visit: September 2016