“What a great surprise!”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2016

Looking for something a little different for my girlfriend's birthday dinner, we remembered Bui Bistro. Although we had never tried it before, we were excited to go in. The place is warm and inviting, dark wood and nice tables. Super happy to see some great wine selections including Chablis and German Riesling that you don't normal find on Napa wine lists, as well as a cool beer list.

We ordered shrimp spring rolls to start which were amazing, fresh and bright and seasoned perfectly especially dipped in a delicious fish sauce. We also tried the duck confit, which was absolutely out of this world tasty. Delicate meat with a nice crispy skin and mouthwatering. For main courses, my girl did the chicken curry, delicate, not too spicy with great flavor. I had the sea bass in a carmelized sauce. Ridiculous flavor, with a moderate just barely sweet flavor and flaky, wonderfully delicious perfectly cooked nuggets of bass.

This place absolutely rocks! Very friendly service and very accommodating to my peanut allergy. We are thrilled to have found this gem in the Napa Valley!!

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed September 18, 2016

We ended up here after having a change in our dinner plans on a Friday night and not having made a reservation, we couldn't get in anywhere else. This place was pretty empty. That should have been a warning. It was a combination of Vietnamese and French food, or at least that's what they billed themselves as, it was hard to tell from the menu, which was a bit more eclectic. My wife had a noodle soup and I had a duck dish. The food was ok, I liked the spiciness of the sauce on the duck, however it might be too much for most. The portion of duck was small, essentially a thigh and a leg and that was it, from not a particularly large duck. My wife liked her noodles more than I did. There is not much of a wine or beer list. It has the feel of a storefront Chinese restaurant. The furnishings are a bit sparse. I can't imagine eating here again and it is not someplace I would recommend. We probably would have been better off sitting at a bar in one of the other restaurants we passed.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank joeAtraveller
Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

One of Napa's hidden gems, this is an incredible place to eat, not just noodles, but great food, service and small but excellent wine list.

We started with Crispy Calamari and Spicy Aoli. Delicate batter coating was crisp and a nice contrast to the tender and perfectly cooked calamari. The dipping sauce of spicy Aoli was seriously addictive.

On to the main course, Saigon Noodles came in a steaming bowl loaded with prawns, scallops and squid. Super fresh seafood, rice noodles, jalapeño, bean sprouts, and cilantro. Yum.

We also ordered the Duck Soup. Succulent thigh and leg meat literally fell off the bone and was delicious with the Shiitake mushroom and broccoli rabe. All in a broth that was so rich in flavor and texture is put the whole dish over the top.

We will definitely be back soon. Thanks Bui Bistro!

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank napasyrah
Reviewed July 24, 2016

In wine country this year, modern American cuisine seems predominant. This restaurant, with Michelin checks, is a nice change of pace. Cabbage salad is a delicious slaw. We got southeast Asian dishes, European desserts. All very good.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

Our server extraordinaire, Patrick, set the stage for what turned out to be an incredible meal with his eloquent rundown of some favorite menu offerings. We enjoyed the Imperial rolls, the iced Vietnamese coffee (Oh my) and the combo vermicelli. Get down here NOW. You're welcome.

Date of visit: July 2016