“Wash the raspberries”
Review of Grace's Table

Grace's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Grace's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 295 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Grace's has a great venue in downtown Napa but they really fell short with their food and service. We went for breakfast and service was slow. That was not the problem. The food was not prepared well. The eggs were undercooked and the fruit was old. The raspberries were dirty (unwashed) and had mold on them. This is not a place I would want to go back to.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We wanted to treat our friends to a splurge, but we were unable to get into our first choice of restaurants (very busy, reservation needed). So we walked over to Grace's Table. We were seated immediately in this nice-casual setting. Decor was cheerful and very pleasant, not noisy but not quiet either. The longest (green) wall had too many paintings with little thought to arrangement, in my opinion, but other than that I liked the colorful, contemporary style.
All of that matters little, because the food was so good. The cassoullet was a plate full of savory goodness. My wife's tamale was unlike any we had ever had. And the pickle appetizer was so good, we still crave it. The only miss (in my opinion) was the shoestring fries one of our friends ordered. Not bad, but just seemingly ordinary. Portions were generous, providing enough to take home some leftovers. The Napa Smith beer I had paired beautifully with my dinner, and could become a new favorite. We skipped dessert in favor of walking around the corner to the ice cream shop. Service by the waitstaff was not polished, but in a charming, helpful, and friendly way. We will return for another splurge with friends another day.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We went to Grace Table for breakfast, don't get me wrong, the food was pretty tasty, but the environment was just bad, we had to chase flies away the entire time when we were eating and at the end we found hair in our food...

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We went here twice during our Napa trip, once for dinner and then breakfast. I had the halibut. It was very good and presented beautifully. Our friend with celiac disease was accommodated easily and enjoyed her tamale dinner. My only complaint is that they only offer beer and wine and I was really looking forward to a cocktail that evening. Breakfast was equally delicious. The presentation was great and the fresh figs in my fruit assortment made me happy.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

TBH, I don't remember where I learned about Grace's Table but I decided to have dinner here because of their location to where I was staying in Napa and their menu's squash blossom app.

Never had a squash blossom. Hell, I still can't get my local NJ haunts to embrace brussel sprouts! I found some squash blossom recipes on YouTube and just had to give them a try. Can you imagine my disappointment when I ordered the squash blossom app and learned they were no longer in season? As other reviewers have mentioned, the menu at Grace's Table is limited, the restaurant is also rather small, so I'd think changing the menu wouldn't be a major production. Even telling me the squash blossoms weren't available when I was handed the menu the night I dined would have worked for me too.

At the recommendation of my server, I tried the fried green tomatoes. Instead of being sliced into rounds, however, the tomatoes were basically quartered. Nice presentation but after that initial crunch, I was hit with warm, soggy green tomato.

On positive notes, I enjoyed the mussel app, roasted chicken entree, wine, and the coffee. Service was friendly and attentive but not overly so. I dined on a Sun and the noise level was minimal.

There are so many places to dine in the Napa area that I doubt I'd return to Grace's Table...especially since I had fried squash blossoms at Hurley's the next night and they were awesome.