“Great service and a great setting.”
Review of Norman Rose Tavern

Norman Rose Tavern
Ranked #29 of 288 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Napa's West End District, the Norman Rose Tavern is that comfortable spot where you can meet family and friends for a nice cocktail, pint or glass of wine paired with a great burger and fries or other classic, American comfort food. The menu takes a local, sustainable approach to time-honored dishes like fish & chips, fried chicken, chop salad, mac and cheese, and much more, all prepared utilizing the fresh, seasonal and quality ingredients found in the North Bay. The design offers a rustic pub feel with modern touches created by Kimberly Nunn and Dan Worden of Shopworks in Napa. The thoughtful beverage list sports a collection of cocktails, wines and beers that soar two or three levels above most, with many outstanding and well priced Napa Valley wines. The by-the-glass list is impressive as well with over twenty wines by the glass. An extensive spirits list featuring classic cocktails round out the offerings.
CT
“Great service and a great setting.”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

My veggie burger and my husband's burger required lots of napkins - they wouldn't stay on the buns. I ended up with a fork and knife! But the food was very tasty. We sat outside by the road, which was fun. Beers are very reasonably priced. If I could give a 4.5 out of 5 overall I would. I would definitely recommend!

• Visited May 2013

Burlington, Canada
“lively spot, inviting place..”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The restaruant was very busy and we saw some very attractive dinners. As we had a busy day we wanted something light and ordered Crab Louie Salad- it was a disappointment, very little crab, lots of lettuce and generous dressing. The fries were excellent and they offered a good offering of Beers.
Service was very good considering how busy they were - Thanks Shani

Pacifica, California
“Relaxed atmosphere, warm welcome, and wide selection of good food”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Have been here several times in recent years. LOVE the pickled vegetables and wide selection of crispy fries (my favorite is the truffle Parmesan, others in the family like the barbecue). Much better than average wine and drinks menu. Always a positive experience.

Napa, California
“Poor service and below average food.”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I think my title says it all.

There are so many better taverns, bars and restaurants in Napa why go here?

If you like poor service and cold food you'll love this place.

• Visited June 2012
Fortson, GA
“Terrific lamb burger, tasty beans, flavorful draft beers, fun place!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had dinner alone at Norman Rose on Thursday 4/11. I was quite happy with the total experience: lively, crowded, fun ambiance + helpful, skilled bartenders + excellent food & beer. What's not to like?

I thought that the décor for a tavern was unusual: modern, glossy, stainless steel. Quite attractive in its own way. I enjoyed sitting at the bar watching the first round of the Masters on a large, flat-panel TV.

I ordered the highly recommended lamb burger, which was outstanding in every way: large, juicy, cooked to perfection (medium-rare), unusually flavorful. I accompanied it with an unusual side dish of exotic, flavorful beans that were equally excellent. After I discussed my preferences for IPA draft ales with the bartender, he let me sample two so I could make an "informed" decision - and I did and I thoroughly enjoyed a wonderful pint. I was a bit disappointed by the reposado tequila, but that wasn't a big deal.

Terrific experience. Try it!