“Poor service and below average food.”
Review of Norman Rose Tavern

Norman Rose Tavern
Ranked #32 of 295 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Napa's West End District, the Norman Rose Tavern is that comfortable spot where you can meet family and friends for a nice cocktail, pint or glass of wine paired with a great burger and fries or other classic, American comfort food. The menu takes a local, sustainable approach to time-honored dishes like fish & chips, fried chicken, chop salad, mac and cheese, and much more, all prepared utilizing the fresh, seasonal and quality ingredients found in the North Bay. The design offers a rustic pub feel with modern touches created by Kimberly Nunn and Dan Worden of Shopworks in Napa. The thoughtful beverage list sports a collection of cocktails, wines and beers that soar two or three levels above most, with many outstanding and well priced Napa Valley wines. The by-the-glass list is impressive as well with over twenty wines by the glass. An extensive spirits list featuring classic cocktails round out the offerings.
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I think my title says it all.

There are so many better taverns, bars and restaurants in Napa why go here?

If you like poor service and cold food you'll love this place.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had dinner alone at Norman Rose on Thursday 4/11. I was quite happy with the total experience: lively, crowded, fun ambiance + helpful, skilled bartenders + excellent food & beer. What's not to like?

I thought that the décor for a tavern was unusual: modern, glossy, stainless steel. Quite attractive in its own way. I enjoyed sitting at the bar watching the first round of the Masters on a large, flat-panel TV.

I ordered the highly recommended lamb burger, which was outstanding in every way: large, juicy, cooked to perfection (medium-rare), unusually flavorful. I accompanied it with an unusual side dish of exotic, flavorful beans that were equally excellent. After I discussed my preferences for IPA draft ales with the bartender, he let me sample two so I could make an "informed" decision - and I did and I thoroughly enjoyed a wonderful pint. I was a bit disappointed by the reposado tequila, but that wasn't a big deal.

Terrific experience. Try it!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

don't get me wrong, i enjoy this restaurant. it's just always a little bummer that things sound really awesome on the menu, but the food is just average. that said, the service is friendly and attentive, and it's a nice looking restaurant with good atmosphere. the beer list is good (i'm usually maxed out on wine when i go there), and sitting at the bar for dinner is a great option. portions are huge (and rich and buttery), so order on the conservative side.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We walked from a nearby street parking spot on a Friday at around 6 and had no wait for a table. The restaurant was full and the atmosphere casual. Servers were helpful, menu was great - burgers, meat, chicken, salads and apps all interesting looking and what we ordered we loved. Would definitely go back. Convenient in town location.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Norman Rose Tavern is my personal favorite restaurant downtown. It's casual dining, has a wonderful variety of beers, and incredible menu. EVERYTHING is delicious! They're also a great place for family dining!