“Dan Dolen - Reserve Wine Tour”

Reserve Wine Tours - Private Tours
Ranked #16 of 267 Food & Drink in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Dan Dolen of Reserve Wine Tours, a wine maker himself, provides custom, private tours of the Napa/Sonoma wine country. Warm and witty and an excellent communicator/educator, let Dan create the ultimate wine country get away for you and yours!!
Reviewed May 18, 2015

Wonderful way to spend the day! Our wonderful guide Dan helped us plan out a perfect day of wine tasting in Calistoga. He knows most of the wineries in the area and makes reservations for you at the ones that require a reservation. He picked the perfect spot for a picnic lunch. We communicated via email several times up to the time of our tour; Dan arrived on time and kept up on track for visiting the wineries on our list. Highly recommend Dan for an easy going, wonderful time in the Napa area!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"barrel"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed December 31, 2014

Dan was wonderful! He set up a memorable day for my girlfriend and I where we visited wineries off the beaten path. Private cave tastings at Hall and Failla wineries. We would never have experienced these unique places without Dan setting it up. Dan is very knowledgeable about wine, vineyards, local attractions, restaurants, beer, and history of the area. It was nice as well as responsible to leave the driving to someone else. Dan knows the roads well and we felt very comfortable with his driving skills. He provides bottled water to stay hydrated as well. Give him a call to setup a great day.

Reviewed November 11, 2014

Recently toured with Dan after he came highly recommended by a friend. I can't imagine touring Napa without him...he made wonderful recommendations and helped make reservations. He will personal the tour to whatever you want. Made sure we had a first class experience....will certainly use him again!

Reviewed November 4, 2014

This was our second time with Reserve Wine Tours and Dan. There were 5 of us and Dan did a great job in scheduling a day at some great wineries based on a short phone conversation and e-mail exchanges. We were able to enjoy lunch at a vineyard overlooking the valley, setting the stage for our last tasting later in the day. We were in the valley at a small winery and watching the sun start to set over the vineyard, tasting wine and sampling cheese.. Dan can get you into excellent, small production wineries where you are tasting wine with the owner/wine maker! Dan takes care of the driving so you can enjoy the scenery and the tastings. I recommend Dan and we look forward to another trip with Dan on our next visit!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 3, 2014

Dan was absolutely amazing and I will definitely be recommending him to all of my friends and family. We were in Napa right after the earthquake so he contacted me and reassured me that everything was still on for our trip. Dan created an itinerary for us that started with bubbles at Mumm followed by 3 small wineries with amazing wine makers that I would have never found on my own. We picked up lunch at a small Napa grocery store with a great deli selection and eat on the patio at one of the wineries.

When I made the reservation with Dan, I asked for dinner suggestions and he went ahead and made a reservation for us at a fabulous restaurant in downtown Napa. Dan really does provide a first class experience and is a heck of a nice guy. I can't wait to go back to Napa and use Dan's service again!