“Great visit in Napa!”

Reserve Wine Tours - Private Tours
Ranked #15 of 256 Food & Drink in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Dan Dolen of Reserve Wine Tours, a wine maker himself, provides custom, private tours of the Napa/Sonoma wine country. Warm and witty and an excellent communicator/educator, let Dan create the ultimate wine country get away for you and yours!!
Reviewed November 4, 2014

This was our second time with Reserve Wine Tours and Dan. There were 5 of us and Dan did a great job in scheduling a day at some great wineries based on a short phone conversation and e-mail exchanges. We were able to enjoy lunch at a vineyard overlooking the valley, setting the stage for our last tasting later in the day. We were in the valley at a small winery and watching the sun start to set over the vineyard, tasting wine and sampling cheese.. Dan can get you into excellent, small production wineries where you are tasting wine with the owner/wine maker! Dan takes care of the driving so you can enjoy the scenery and the tastings. I recommend Dan and we look forward to another trip with Dan on our next visit!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"barrel"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed November 3, 2014

Dan was absolutely amazing and I will definitely be recommending him to all of my friends and family. We were in Napa right after the earthquake so he contacted me and reassured me that everything was still on for our trip. Dan created an itinerary for us that started with bubbles at Mumm followed by 3 small wineries with amazing wine makers that I would have never found on my own. We picked up lunch at a small Napa grocery store with a great deli selection and eat on the patio at one of the wineries.

When I made the reservation with Dan, I asked for dinner suggestions and he went ahead and made a reservation for us at a fabulous restaurant in downtown Napa. Dan really does provide a first class experience and is a heck of a nice guy. I can't wait to go back to Napa and use Dan's service again!

Reviewed October 27, 2014

Dan was an amazing guide for our first trip to Napa. Super responsive to emails beforehand, and was on time! Solid start! Dan did a great job of setting up a wonderful, well-rounded itinerary. He really let us go at our own pace too. Never felt rushed at all. My boyfriend and I were very very new to the Napa scene, and Dan really gave us an opportunity to see the best of the best. We were never stuck behind a bus tour, which was a huge plus for me. We learned so much about the wineries in Napa thanks to Dan. He really gave use the inside scoop. We had amazing wines at 4 lovely wineries. This was easily one of the most relaxing and fun trips I've been on. Now ALL we can talk about is when we are going to Napa next, and of COURSE when we can book Dan as our guide! I would recommend Dan to anyone!

Reviewed October 21, 2014

Great Napa experience with Dan Dolen. Second wine tour with him. He made appointments at wineries "off the beaten path". We had 3 private tastings from his recommendations which were all fantastic. We lunched on amazing sandwiches from the cutest Napa grocery while looking at an amazing view of one of the vineyards. We were also treated to balsamic vinegar tasting from the barrel!! Truly an experience I will remember forever. Thank you Dan.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 19, 2014

Dan Dolen exceeded all expectations during our time in both Napa and Sonoma Valleys. He started things off right by finding out well in advance what type of wines we preferred. Each day started with sparkling wines, and then we moved into more reds than whites, but a great blend. The private wineries he was able to get us into were terrific...we bought wine because it was GREAT not because we felt obligated in any way! Both winery owners were a delight to visit with, and we feel so lucky. Perhaps the only winery that let us down was...you guessed it - the one WE picked! Hats off to Dan. Also enjoyed his knowledge of the area, history and flexibility. He was fully prepared, never once got lost or misdirected, and really made the days relaxing.
We stayed for much of our time at the Vintage Inn (Yountville) and met many fun guests at breakfast. It was sad to hear that some of them did not have the same great experiences because their drivers/companies were inflexible for were paid to take passengers to specific places.... one of our private tastings confirmed that they will not accept drivers who expect to be paid by wineries (Dan does not get paid, of course). It makes a huge difference in the quality and variety of what you tour.
Dan also recommended great little places to grab food for lunches at the private wineries, and the food was terrific! He really provided the complete package each day!
We WILL use Dan each time we visit. We now have family in Clayton and will be making regular west coast trips.... we are just so lucky we found Dan on our first visit!