“A Perfect Mix”

Reserve Wine Tours - Private Tours
Ranked #27 of 124 Tours in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Dan Dolen of Reserve Wine Tours, a wine maker himself, provides custom, private tours of the Napa/Sonoma wine country. Warm and witty and an excellent communicator/educator, let Dan create the ultimate wine country get away for you and yours!!
Seattle, Washington
“A Perfect Mix”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I, along with another couple, toured Somona wineries with Dan. He put together a perfect mix of 5 wineries, providing a great blend of experiences --- different signature wines, varied (and spectacular) settings, one featuring a barrel tasting, and one with a great river side picnic lunch space. Further enhancing the experience, throughout the trip Dan told great stories about the area, the history, the wineries, and the CA wine industry. He was great, I would highly recommend him and we will certainly use him again when we visit the area.

Seattle, Washington
“Best way to see Wine Country”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Dan was on time, car was clean and comfortable. He had a cooler full of water to keep us hydrated for a long day of wine tasting, something I didn't give much thought to, but was very grateful for. My wife and I and another couple spend a fantastic day tasting and learning about some of Sonoma's best wines. Because of Dan's knowledge, we didn't have to spend any time looking at maps and trying to figure out where to go next. He took us to the best wineries in the area, and a great grocery store for a picnic lunch, and even found a spot on the river to eat our lunch. I can't imaging a better way to go. Great job Dan!

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Private wine tastings in Napa with Reserve Wine Tours”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I spent last weekend in Napa celebrating our 1st anniversary! Dan Dolen from Reserve Wine Tours was highly recommended by our best friends. Dan and I spoke a few months before our trip so that he could personalize our itinerary. We decided to visit smaller family vineyards and have private tastings. Dan is extremely knowledgeable about wine/Napa and has great relationships with many of the smaller vineyards. Most of the people we spoke with in Napa didn't even know about the vineyards that we were going to visit. Dan picked us up promptly in his SUV and we spent the entire day touring four vineyards. Dan was very helpful and answered all of our many questions, along with the wine makers that we met along the way. Dan picked up a great lunch from Sunshine Foods Market and we enjoyed eating outside at one of the beautiful vineyards. If you want to explore Napa and taste amazing wine, then I certainly recommend Reserve Wine Tours. We had a great and memorable time with Dan!!!

Chicago, Illinois
“Get a driver...and choose Dan!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

If you are visiting the Napa/Sonoma area, hiring a private driver is a must! And when you do, call Reserve Wine Tours. Our experience with Dan was the best! He is prompt at answering phone calls and emails, and will communicate with you ahead of time to personalize the day just for you! As first time visitors, we wanted to learn about wine and wineries...and Dan gave us so much information and knew the answers to all our questions. He took us to some great wineries...knew the best place to pick up lunch and then stop for a picnic...had water for us...
the day went so smoothly. And, Dan is just a genuinely nice guy, and it was fun spending the day with him. On our next trip to Napa, I will not even check out any other tour operators...it's Dan and Reserve Wine Tours all the way!
Marina P.

Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wine Tasting Tour”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We toured the Napa valley with Dan in July and had a great time. Dan was very courteous and knowledgeable. He took us to a number of lovely wineries and a place where we could taste olive oils. I strongly recommend touring with Dan.

Visited July 2013