“A Perfect Way to Experience Napa!”
Review of Holme Grown Tours - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Holme Grown Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Somewhere en route to 500 wineries and 5 million annual visitors, Napa Valley lost its intimate feel. At Holme Grown Brand Vineyard Liaising, we're getting back to basics, connecting discriminating guests with the owners and winemakers who make this place so special. Fantastic wine across the board, but people who put hospitality first. We have a growing portfolio of wineries not open to the general public, and offer a curated experience unlike any other in Wine Country. Won't you come join us?
Monroe, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Perfect Way to Experience Napa!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My girlfriend and I went out to Napa for our first time Memorial Day Weekend this year. Prior to doing this tour we drove up and down the valley for 2 days stopping at the usual wineries that everyone goes to in Napa. We wanted to have a special day and this really turned out to be one. From the very start with booking, Dorsey, the owner was very attentive explaining to us what the tour would entail and even asks what types of wines you prefer so that he can customize your tour. In addition to that he has a lunch menu for you to choose from which he picks up fresh for your day. It even turns out he was our driver for the day and paired us up with another couple similar to us so it was a pleasant experience for all of us touring the valley as we all got along great. We got exactly what we wanted because we visited a few wineries that we would have never gotten to experience that were off the beaten path, yet those stops were 10 times better than any of the mainstream vineyards located along the main highway. Dorsey was so friendly to us that we felt like we knew him for years and he showed up to pick us up from our hotel promptly at 10:15 and had an amazing long day of 4 vineyards, great views, wines and even a picnic lunch while at Nichelini Vinyards hidden up in the mountains. Our day even lasted a bit longer than scheduled but Dorsey never made us feel rushed one bit as some of the bigger tours may do when they are on a time schedule. We'll definitely be calling him again next time we're in town! Well worth the money!

Visited May 2012

Long Beach, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“I would pick another tour”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

First let me start by explaining that Dorsey did not have any knowledge in regards to wines and the region, which took away from the term tour. I was expecting to learn from him as well as the winemakers involved. Secondly the places visited were all very close in proximity, I was under the impression that there would be more of a variety in regards to the Napa region. Third, I have never been on a wine tour, where tastings are not included in the price, it would have been nice to have been informed of this prior to being asked for payment by the winemakers themselves. Although the vehicle is nice it is not equipped for a tour of more than 3 with one person in the front seat, the back seat was extremely uncomfortable and took away from the entire experience. All in all I came away from the tour feeling like I wasted my money and time. I felt leaving like something more was missing. I have been spoiled by Bryan, Sustainable Vine Wine Tours, Santa Barbara. Maybe I came with higher expectations, but this tour fell short of what was expected.

Visited March 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Wine Tour”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My wife and I took a tour in Napa with Home Grown Tours last week and had an amazing time. Our tour guide, Allen, was very knowledgeable of the area and extremely friendly. It worked out that it was just my wife and I on the tour, which allowed us to drive in a Merc SUV (believe they also have a larger Merc van for slightly larger tours). Allen took us to 4 fantastic wineries that we ended up buying wine from each (proving how well picked they were). Allen also provided a fantastic lunch from Whole Foods during the tour. I would highly recommend Holme Grown to anyone looking for a great wine tour experience with a personalized experience tailored to your wine tastes.

Visited June 2012
“Very clean, professional and knowledgeable. Definitely worth the price.”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My wife and I signed up for the semi-private tour. Prior to our trip, Dorsey, the owner contacted me to find out what types of wine we liked and what other wineries we were already planning on visiting. Dorsey ended up being our driver that day, and as planned, he arrived promptly at 10:15am. His vehicle was very clean and extremely comfortable. Our entire day was planned out and all of the wineries were aware of our arrival. We went to two very small family wineries that were beautiful and extremely friendly. At the second winery, Nicelini, we had our picnic lunch at their gorgeous property in the hills. After lunch we visited SilverOak and Grigich Hills per our request. Grigich was extra special since I am a club member and Dorsey's wife works there.

Dorsey clearly makes a point to listen to your interests and ensures you have a unique experience. His knowledge of the area was impressive and all of the wineries knew him personally. I will definitely recommend his service to friends and will use them again next time we visit Napa. Absolutely worth the price.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best Wine Tour in Napa, Reasonably Priced”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This was my second tour with Holme Grown. Hopefully that is a good indicator that Dorsey and crew are a class act. Although we booked ourselves on the group tour we were the only two people and they did not cancel the tour. We made it to five wineries and had a lovely picnic lunch, supplied by Dorsey, at a winery with a spectacular patio. The wineries were small and all had reasonable tasting fees that were generally waved if you bought some wine. Greeted by family members and owners at most of the wineries made the experience even better as we chatted about wine and could hear the excitement and passion from the staff at each tasting. Plan for a whole day event riding around in a nice SUV through the lovely Napa Valley. Reasonably priced, Holme Grown is a great find where you don't end up in a tour bus and the tastings are catered to your preferences, so be sure to let Holme Grown know what types of wine you like and be ready for some great wine!

Visited May 2012