“Wine, wine every where and a lot to drink”
Review of Madonna Estate

and up
Private Napa Valley Wine Tour from San Francisco
Ranked #56 of 190 things to do in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1922 the Bartolucci Family has consistently created a perfect marriage of grapes and wine at Madonna Estate. Located in the world-renowned Carneros region, an area known for its fertile lands and cool climate, the Bartolucci family has found success with their organically grown grapes and Estate Bottled wines. In addition to practicing natural farming methods, they also combine traditional and modern winemaking techniques. As the third oldest winemaking family in the Napa Valley, it is important to them that they continue the commitment to farm naturally and preserve the winemaking traditions of past generations.
West Caldwell, New Jersey
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Wine, wine every where and a lot to drink”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

The wine tasting was an event not to miss. The choices were fantastic to say the least. After tasting several types I decided to join the club which includes shipping of your selection. This winery had a reason to be proud of its wine, can not wait for my first delivery

Visited September 2013

México, México
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth  it.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

3 minute explanation of the winery and 45 sales pitch of their wines... Not worth it.

The wine tasting was ok, the wines were good, but the tour wasn't.

Visited July 2013
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Enjoyed This Stop On Our Wine Tour”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was our third stop on an organized group tour of Napa and Sonoma. We appreciated the little "mini-tour" in the barrel room and thought the woman who kicked off our wine tasting was wonderful. She actually guided everyone through the process of tasting wine in a fun way. I know the novices in our group appreciated the guidance even if it was a bit redundant for others. It really helped their confidence since they felt kind of lost at the first two stops, which came with no instructions whatsoever. The picnic area was lovely and a great setting for our luncheon on a beautiful day. We did not feel pressured to buy or join the wine club, nor did they have outrageous tasting fees like some other boutique estates. I would recommend this winery to others and would visit again. They obviously take pride in their product and have vines next to the tasting room for great photo opps among the grapes at the right time of year.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank BrevardMinister
Swansboro, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Was Treated Like Crap”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Went there as part of a wine country tour. This was my least favorite stop. I was insulted by the facilitator when I spoke Italian to thank him for pouring me a sample and he told me that I was not Italian. Not a way to make a sale and rest assured this Italian boy did not spend any extra money at Madonna Estates. He demonstrated a decent cork removal/reinsertion tool for sale that I might otherwise have purchased.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Frankolino1313
Denver, Colorado
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Small Winery”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was a very small winery that doesn't produce a lot of wine. The tour of the bottling facility was interesting. I didn't really care for the sell of the foil cutter/bottle corker thing. Most people on the tour tasted a few wines and left during the sales pitch.

Visited April 2013