“Smaller, personal touch to a winery tour. And FUN!”

O'Brien Estate Winery
Ranked #6 of 205 things to do in Napa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are by appointment only. Please go to our website to inquire about our experiences. We do not take phone reservations. The cost is $55.00 per person. We regretfully are not permitted to have anyone under 21 years of age nor allow any pets on the premises. Our award winning wines come from our 40 acres in the Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley. From grape growing to bottling, the entire winemaking process is managed at the estate. The vineyards are planted with Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Chardonnay, and Sauvignon Blanc. Our wines are sought after by collectors and have received many awards, including a recent 98 point score for our 2013 Unrestrained Reserve Bordeaux Blend.
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I've never had so much fun on a winery tour before. I've had more informative, more educational, more thorough, etc. but this was so much fun! And if you're not looking to start your own vineyard or become a sommelier, you want to have fun. We arrived for the last tour of the day and it was with another lovely couple from the Carolinas. Our guide, Richard, was obviously winding down and not pretentious at all. I honestly thought this was weird at first, since most every other tour I had been on in Napa had been proper and stuffy at times. Then the owner popped out and was just as irreverent as our guide! I was able to unwind and just relax and have fun. Their wines were very delicious and it was the first time on a tasting that i did not throw any out (this was the first and only tasting we did that day so i was not drunk or tipsy). Majority of our tour took place while sitting outside, right by the vines, under a tree with a chandelier (?!) and the sun to my back. how much more perfect could it get? I'll recommend this winery to everyone that comes to Napa.

2  Thank t0ked
"tasting experience"
in 14 reviews
"great host"

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Don't miss this wonderful place!
Skip the large corporate winery's and spend the afternoon with these awesome people!
They will teach you a lot and let you taste a bunch of great wines!

4  Thank Meganlynne0218
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The tour and tasting was very laid back and peaceful. Adam the tour guide was very nice and helpful. My wife and I had a great time on our first trip to Napa and joined our first and only wine club here. We look forward to getting our first shipment.

3  Thank JustinTexan
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Friends from the east coast and San Jose gathered in Napa to celebrate my 50th birthday. While we visited several top wineries, O'brien Estate was everyone's favorite. Quaint and friendly, adirondack chairs face the rolling vineyard and the barn-like tasting room has charm galore. Connected iron hearts greet you on the facade and offer a hint of what's inside–total romance. Obrien's collection of well priced wines tell the story of the eight stages of love including fascination, flirtation, seduction, devotion and reflection. Each bottle contains poetry that feeds your soul while the delicious wine warms your heart.

Better than the beautiful surrounding and the great tasting wine, was the down-to-earth staff. The owners and the tasting room servers were a delight. Friendly, knowledgable and welcoming. It reminded me of old time Napa without the snobbery found at many of the bigger wineries. Our event, a catered lunch in the midst of the vineyard was impeccable in every way. They arranged for Top Chef Lizzy Binder to prepare and serve the most delicious food that I have ever tasted. Our group included both food and wine connoisseurs and the unanimous decision was outstanding! I can't recommend this winery enough. We just joined the wine club!

1  Thank susan p