“Great wine & great views”

Artesa Vineyards & Winery
Ranked #7 of 191 things to do in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Built right into the mountain, this uniquely situated winery offers visitors a cool mountain aura while tasting the wine.
Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great wine & great views”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We went with a group to the Artessa Winery, with one couple who were members of the Artessa wine club who made reservations for all of us.

The winery set us up in a VIP room and we had a person designated just for us. The service was great, and yes, the views were awesome as well.

My spouse and I signed up for the 3 bottle (red only) a quarter. Its been a year now, and we are still members. We love the quality of wine, and the memories from that great vineyard will last awhile.

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
Rockwall, Texas
173 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Breathtaking Views”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Most beautiful scenery of any winery we visited. This is a stunning jewel tucked back in the hills that you would never expect! Beautiful art work, fountains and sculptures and a wonderful view of the surrounding valley from the top. Very nice merlot purchased here. Great little gift shop with some rare items. Favorite purchases were purses, jewelry and wallets made out of cork. I would highly recommend checking this winery out for a photo op at least!

Visited September 2013
Houston, Texas
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Best wine tasting experience I have been to”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I found this out of the way winery to be stunning. The view and grounds are gorgeous. I had heard of the wines before and found their taste to be better than expected. The chardonnay is tasty and affordable. We found a Pinnacle Merlot off the tasting list and it was sensational. I purchased several bottles of it. I also found the pinot noir to be good, and the prices were modest. I found the staff to be most friendly. There are 2 tasting bars. The one in a back room was crowded so I went to the front one where there were only 3 couples. Very nice and personable server. I definitely would recommend this winery as a place to visit visually and tastefully. They have 2-1 coupon on Winery Finder app.

Visited August 2013
Hawaii
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Save it for the tourists!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

You'll note that most raters agree on one aspect: the views are stunning. It is a valid method of luring customers. The extensive walk makes you appreciate not only the great water pools and exhibits at this winery but most importantly the beauty that is Napa.

Before I comment on the service, I'll be honest that we arrived approximately 30 minutes prior to the end of business hours. We made the incorrect assumption that was plenty of time. Most wineries stop wine tastings 30 minutes prior, but the staff allowed us to choose a glass or bottle of wine to enjoy. I can see why most people are disappointed by the service. I didn't feel anyone was unfriendly, but I did feel they were just doing their job. That's what happens when you go to France and visit Disneyland Paris instead of all the other great sites (true story!).

With that being said, we've established the views are fabulous. The one glass of wine I tasted was good (and happened to be a red wine - I tend to favor white wine) so I took a chance by purchasing a bottle of white wine (saving it for a rainy day). I didn't feel like this winery was personable and I know it's possible at larger wineries.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kekepania_A
Jamestown, North Carolina, United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wine + Ambiance = Excellence!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We like pinot noir wine - and this place has some pretty good stuff! The water features are spectacular, as you enter the tasting room. Then the wine - darn good, especially for the price point.

Visited August 2013