“Rabbit and pork, oh my!”
Review of Mustards Grill

Reserve with OpenTable
Mustards Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 295 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The natural world of Napa Valley is steeped in sunshine, flavor, and beauty. From chefs finding fresh inspiration, to travelers partaking in tastings, to locals exploring the countryside, one and all are privy to a world of experiences worth savoring. It was this natural beauty for which our beloved restaurant was named. The mustard flower blooms in the spring, nourishing the vineyard soil and brightening the world. Mustards Grill has likewise been an invigorating presence in Napa since 1983, serving farm-to-table fare that celebrates the flavors of our California home. Award-winning chef Cindy Pawlcyn has crafted a menu of unique favorites, all using ingredients from Mustards Grill's garden or sourced locally. Join us for a meal of fine food and easy conversation while sipping on some of the valley's finest.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We rolled the dice and stopped in here for a late lunch without a reservation. We had a 35 minute wait, but the weather was so nice, we didn't mind. Plus, the smells wafting out of the kitchen only served to increase our anticipation. We struggled with the menu because so much on it looked good... but ultimately we ended up getting the pork chop (with mashed potatoes and cabbage in a mustard sauce) and the Mustard Rabbit (with fingerling potatoes, bacon and brussel sprouts in a cream sauce). Both dishes were divine - we'd originally planned to split them and share, but we ended up loving them so much we couldn't bring ourselves to trade. I'd definitely recommend planning this as a lunch stop in the middle of your tasting day.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,387)

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Dined here our first night in Napa. Sort of a local hot spot but a friend recommended. He was right. We were in the area for 4 nights and it was the best meal we had on the trip. Try the pork chop. I am already craving it.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The place-cramped bar, no decent waiting area, very squished but wouldn't have minded at all if the food stood out at all. It did notl
The food- very good but it's hard to get bad food in Napa. Basic comfort food, nothing stood out. Had the famous pork chop and yes, it was really good but really, for $26.50 it better be! I was disappointed because it's just your run-of-the mill restaurant here in Napa-nothing extraordinary, nothing challenging for your palate, definitely nothing especially creative!. As an example: the creme brulee was excellent but it wasn't better or different from anywhere else so why not do something like add a bit of lavender to it for a twist that works?
Completely unoriginal and I just don't get what the big deal is about this place. Sorry! I so wanted to be thrilled....

Sean K, Owner at Mustards Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear Anjanette,

I was sorry to read that we didn't wow you during your recent meal with us at Mustards Grill. We are fortunate to often be busy, which does mean that there is often a wait for a table. When a guest seems unenthusiastic about waiting in our shaded patio waiting area, I like to suggest a stroll through our garden for a preview of some of produce we're about to serve them.

I appreciate that you described your food as really good, and do apologize that it didn't feel as creative as you were hoping for. We are always doing our best walk the line between keeping our popular favorites on the menu and playing with new ideas.

Thank you for your feedback. I know it takes time and thought to craft a review and want you to know that we take your comments seriously and always appreciate the opportunity to hear from our guests.

Sean Knight
Managing Partner
info@mustards.com

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were excited to eat at Mustard's Grill because it was suggested by many friends. Also judging by the reviews many people are fans. Maybe it was an off night, but I had the ribs which were dried out and very little meat - probably sitting in a warming drawer since the morning. My wife had the salmon special which tasted like the salmon that would be served at a wedding banquet. They brand themselves as a Truck Stop and the presentation of the plates is right in line - unfortunatly, the prices are not. Again, Maybe it was just an off night but there is nothing special around the quality, taste, and presentation of this food.

Dear Matt,

I am saddened to read that your experience with us at Mustards was a disappointment and am very sorry that the ribs we served you weren't as moist or meaty enough and that your wife's salmon wasn't to her liking either. I do hope that if you mentioned this to your server or our manager we addressed your problems to your satisfaction.

While I'm sorry to read your review, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about Mustards Grill. Our guests' feedback is very important to us and you can be assured that we will use your review to improve on our work.

Again, my apologies for disappointing you,

Sean Knight
Managing Partner
info@mustardsgrill.com

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I went with friends to Mustards for lunch. It was easy to get. The food was phenomenal. My pulled pork sandwich was absolutely to die for. The chicken breast sandwich was also great. Our server was very nice and very helpful in regards to local wineries as well.

Just an all around great place - and very convenient on Hiway 29.