“Absolutely LOVED this hotel!”
Review of Andaz Napa

Andaz Napa
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersGold level
Jackson, MS
“Absolutely LOVED this hotel!”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Avia on our honeymoon. We decided on the tower suite room after looking on the Avia website. And we're so glad we did! The room was everything the pictures advertised and it was on the top floor of the hotel so we had great views out of our huge wonderful windows. The living room area added just the right amount of extra space and ambiance we wanted along with being comfortable. The bed was great and the bathroom was nice and roomy with great lighting. The rest of the hotel was exactly as shown on the website as well. We just loved the decor. The hotel staff was so very nice and helpful. The outdoor terrace was amazing. My husband and I were in Napa in Nov so it was a bit cool at night. Because of this, we had it all to ourselves one night with a bottle of wine that we had gotten at the vineyards that day along with some cheese and crackers. It was perfect. Even though it was just the two of us one of the staff members came out and showed us how to turn on the gas fire pit so we could enjoy that feature as well. The parking garage behind the building was convenient and easy. The location of the hotel was also perfect. We went for a run each morning and we could just walk to shops and restaurants in downtown. It was also located in a great place to drive to Hwy 29 or the Trail when you were ready to hit the vineyards and the restaurants outside of downtown Napa. Our last morning there we tried their breakfast buffet. The food was excellent and the service was excellent although it was a bit pricey for breakfast. Overall, we loved this hotel and hope to go back one day!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
AVIANapaGM, General Manager at Andaz Napa, responded to this review, August 6, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

It sounds as though AVIA was the perfect place for your honeymoon. Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your stay. It is great to read you enjoyed the décor and ambiance as well as the breakfast. Thank you for the kind comments regarding the staff as they work hard to make sure every guest has a memorable stay. Congratulations and we hope to see you one day soon!

Kristine Youngberg, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 24, 2010

This hotel is beautifully designed. The staff was excellent, esp. in the hotel restaurant. I went with a friend and we did have a bad experience with one of the concierge staff members that was really rude. I took it up with hotel management and they were great about apologizing for her unfortunately rude behavior. The restaurant in this hotel is excellent in my opinion. They should really highlight is more. My room was small but nice. The terrace area is great for relaxing. I would definitely recommend this hotel it is located in walking distance of a lot of other great restaurants.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
AVIANapaGM, General Manager at Andaz Napa, responded to this review, August 2, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so thrilled you enjoyed AVIA during your recent trip to Napa. I do apologize for the negative attitude you received from the concierge. I was pleased to read that the issue was resolved and hope that it did not impact your stay and the possibility of returning back to the Hotel. I do want to let you know that we are committed to enhancing our guest's experience with us by providing excellent customer service and awareness of these service issues greatly helps us with our staff training so that the next time you are with us we will be better prepared to offer you the experience we strive for!

Dallas
Reviewed July 21, 2010

This is a nice addition to Napa Valley. The hotel was clean, the staff were very courteous and helpful. The location is improving, but it is a long drive to the North end of the valley.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at AVIA and the staff was courteous and helpful. Downtown Napa is in the process of revitalization and many of our guests enjoy the area. We do hope you'll stay with us again soon so you can experience the ever growing downtown Napa area.

Miami
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I rarely stay in Napa when I am in the valley. This trip I needed to drop my daughter off early at Evans. I tripped over Avia's mention in a recent issue of Departures magazine and made a reservation. What a welcome surprise! A chic hotel of a quality I did not expect to find in Napa. The rooms are very comfortable and the large bathrooms with walk in showers are wonderful. Everyone we met on the staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint is I had the misfortune of having a neighbor who watched loud TV until 3:30 AM on a Monday morning. The ice machine also makes a racket all night with its use, so try and avoid a room near it if you want quiet.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
AVIANapaGM, General Manager at Andaz Napa, responded to this review, July 25, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments and for giving AVIA a try! I am pleased to hear that the service you experienced was friendly and helpful and the room was very comfortable. I do apologize for the loud guest you had next to you. I hope you contacted the front desk so that they would have the opportunity to make it right. We hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again soon!

Kristine Youngberg
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I stayed at the Avia for a few nights, what a beautiful gem! So lovely, very chic rooms where you feel so relaxed and pampered. Clean and lovely. The shower is amazing. Loved everything about this hotel. The service is good but casual. The only bad things were the room service menu is too limited, the free coffee in the lobby was not refreshed enough and their lost and found practices were poor. I left something in the room and didn't get it back. But other than that it is great, just need to up the attention to detail a little.

• Stayed July 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing about your great experience at AVIA Napa. I am pleased to read you loved everything about the hotel, especially the amazing shower. I do apologize that the coffee in the lobby was not as fresh as you expected. I have reviewed this issue with the staff so we can ensure the coffee is always fresh. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again soon!

Kristine Youngberg
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We were originally looking at staying in a B&B in Napa but were knocked for six by the ridiculously high prices in July.

Service was excellent, staff were friendly and very helpful. A special mention to Juliette (the concierge) who was simply excellent and arranged a couple of last minute things for us that really made our trip complete.

The rooms were beautiful and the walk in shower added a touch of class to the bathroom.

Can't stress enough the location of this hotel is magnificent. Within easy walking distance of everything (Restaurants, Bike Hire, Ballon Company pick-ups, Wine Tasting pubs, shops, Chefs market). Restaurants: Mini Mango (Thai) was exceptional!

We were both fully taken by our Napa experience and will definetly be returning back to napa and back to the AVIA hotel.

Thanks very much to all.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank myhaironfire
Dear Valued Guest,
I am so delighted you chose to stay at AVIA instead of a bed and breakfast and had an absolutely wonderful time. Thank you for the nice compliment regarding Juliette. She does her best to help our guest's arrange memorable experiences in the Napa area. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
In hospitality, Kristine Youngberg, General Manager
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We stayed at the Avia in a Lux Suite over the July 4 weekend and it was excellent. The hotel is great - nice rooms, excellent amenities, friendly staff. The hotel is chic and modern but still comfortable and warm. Rooms are excellent. The 2nd floor terrace is excellent. I didn't eat in the restaurant, but it looked nice. The only minor negative is that the hotel bar is small and it closes early if you want a nightcap. For some reason, nothing in downtown Napa seems to stay open late. I assume downtown Napa will develop a nightlife over time, but right now, it does not exist. That being said, I would not hesitate to stay here again and the hotel makes a great base for touring the Napa valley. Access to the valley highways from downtown Napa is excellent and there are some really good restaurants in walking distance from the hotel. As far as the nightlife goes, it's not like there is a much to do in Yountville or St Helena after dinner either.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JzW
AVIANapaGM, General Manager at Andaz Napa, responded to this review, July 16, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased you had an excellent 4th of July weekend at AVIA! Your positive comments regarding the amenities, staff and location of the hotel are appreciated. Thank you for choosing AVIA and we hope to see you again.
In hospitality, Kristine Youngberg, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill
#1 of 6 in Yountville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,033 reviews
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel

Been to Andaz Napa? Share your experiences!