“A Pleasure”

Andaz Napa
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We used Andaz as our base to explore Napa. What a pleasent surprize! When we enqired about wineries, they made suggestions and reservations for us. All their recommendations were unique experiences we probably would never have found ourselves. When we asked about dinners they made excellent recomendations and reserved our table for us at the time we wanted all while we were out touring. It seemed like they just could not do enough for you. The hotel itself was very comfortable and the location was perfect. We will be back to Napa and we will be staying at Andaz.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I really liked this hotel. The location was great, very convenient, able to walk to a ton of places. I HATED the check in process, there is not a traditional desk and when there is more than two people checking in, you can get lost. That being said the staff there are VERY attentive during our entire stay. The room we had was a nice size and clean. I love the hardwood floors VS a carpet! We had breakfast there every morning and again the staff was great, so was the food. I would recommend this place and return to it.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Two nights in the heart of Napa. This very sophisticated interior space was perfect for our visit. We could do morning walks to various choices for coffee and breakfast. The rooms were quiet and spacious with glorious bathrooms. Hotel staff was efficient and always helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were a little scared of heading into Napa with the harvest and crush going on...the Valley seemed sold out. All of our "first choices" were booked solid long ago. Friends of ours had booked their room at the Andaz so we decided, for ease, to book one there as well.... What a pleasant surprize. From the moment we checked-in - the staff could not have been more gracious and helpful. We were on the final leg of a trip that took us from Hyderabad, India through Dubai, UAE to San Francisco to Napa...so we had a TON of luggage (and that's only a slight exaggeration!) We got settled in a very comfortable and clean room. The outside patio with the fireplace is awesome...and the hotel is walking-distance from serious foodie paradise. I would not only stay at Andaz again...I'm not sure I would ever stay anywhere else!!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Formally the the Avia, this Hyatt owned hotel is the epitome of customer service. From the moment you walk into the lobby and see the Valley map on the wall and receive your welcoming glass of wine, you realize that this is why you came to Napa. The property is well maintained and the beds will let you linger in your dreams.

A great small lobby bar and a good restaurant will make staying in almost too easy, but the downtown location puts you within walking distance of all the great venues in Napa itself.

Room Tip: Although there is very little street noise, if you are a late sleeper the higher floors are quieter...
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at the Andaz West Hollywood on our drive from LA to San Fran and loved it. The Andaz in Napa is not quite on par with that property. The room in Napa was a lot smaller than in LA which was quite unexpected. It also had no separate seating area as the room in LA did. We were there on a Wednesday night and the bar closed very early and did not have an available seat when we arrived at 9 p.m. Not sure if the LA hotel had a restaurant, but Napa did not. Apparently, the only available breakfast option (presumably other than room service) was buying pastry from the bar. Although there is a rooftop deck with fire pits, the night we were there the pits were surrounded by one large group of guests. As none of the other pits were lit and the bar was full, we had to go out into downtown Napa to have a drink. Finally, when picking up our car from the valet, the hotel allowed a van to park in front of the hotel while taking up 1/2 of 2 parking spots. When the valet tried to double park in front of the hotel so we could put our bags in the car, a nasty woman from the Napa transportation department yelled at him and said that we would get a ticket if he didn't move. We were left to take our bags across the street and wait for the car to go around the block. This was just annoying given that it was completely avoidable if the hotel had made sure the van had pulled up fully into a space. We are really loving the Andaz properties generally. The design is very modern and sleek which is completely our taste. This specific property, though, had several things that were a little off for our trip. I know this property recently converted to an Andaz and maybe there is more to work out in that transition.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and a view. In the a.m. you can see the mountains.
4  Thank Mshanti74
AndazNapaManagement, General Manager at Andaz Napa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share feedback with the audience. Detailed responses like yours help our team focus on the areas of the guest experience that need improvement.

Just over a month ago, our hotel transitioned to the Andaz brand and we have been working diligently to address opportunities to improve customer service. We apologize for the difficulties you had encountered during your stay. The Andaz Napa is located in the heart of downtown Napa and allows for valet parking as well as self-service parking in the Clay Street parking garage located on Clay Street behind the hotel. The Andaz Farmer’s Table restaurant is located on the lobby level of the hotel and is open daily for breakfast from 7am to 11am, and dinner is available from 5pm to 9pm Tuesday through Saturday. The Mercantile Social bar located on the lobby level is open from 6:30am to 12:00am daily.

We appreciate the valuable feedback and will work on improving in these areas of concern. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Andaz Napa in the future to redefine your experience

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Sadly I only spent one night here...LOVED the room I had. Could have really settled in and got comfortable given the chance. I must say, I think it was a tad pricey...but I am assuming I was paying for the location?
Really like the Andaz product line by Hyatt. I think they are on to something!

Check in was slow and interesting. I was asked to sit down on a bench in the lobby while I waited for a check in person to free up. I waited probably 8-10 minutes. The check in person came over to me with his "tablet" and proceeded to check me in with it. That was different. No counter to stand at in this lobby. He completed the process and handed me a little mini folio with my card keys and off I went to the room. I only had one rolling bag so I opted to take my own bag to my room.

Room was AWESOME!!! Had huge balcony with patio furniture that overlooked the main drag out front of the hotel. Again..too short a stay to really enjoy all the room had to offer. There was a deep free standing tub in the sleeping area of the room. Made sure to utilize it and the lavender bath salt they provided. Room also had a two sided fireplace that was shared by the sleep area and the sitting area. Love when a room has two spaces...one for sleeping and one for relaxing. There was not a door between the two spaces but still a nice separation between the two.

Ordered room service the night I was there. Menu was very limited but the burger was fantastic!

Had a great sleep and was sad to leave early the next morning.

Would definitely return! Already looking for an excuse to go back!

Room Tip: Get a room with a walk out balcony/patio...so nice!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo