“Great downtown Napa boutique-type hotel”
Review of Andaz Napa

Andaz Napa
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersGold level
fresno, california
“Great downtown Napa boutique-type hotel”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I had never stayed at Andaz before this visit. The hotel is very modern in style, and yet welcoming. The location is terrific - walking distance to many restaurants and wine tasting rooms. The rooms are chic, but compact. The bed was comfy and the bathroom roomy. We took a bottle of wine out to the 2nd floor fire pit, which was very enjoyable - and plenty toasty! We loved our stay and will surely return!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank basquefam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel makes you feel important the minute you walk into the door. We were greeted immediately at the door and checked in. The hotel attendants used Ipads so there were no lines. The hotel staff was very friendly and attentive. This is a great location because it is located in downtown Napa, withing walking distance of everything!

The beds are AWESOME! Best night sleep!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be great. The beds are awesome! Wish I knew where to buy one!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I spent four nights at Andaz on our honeymoon. It was our first time in Napa and it was wonderful. Everyone at Andaz was friendly, the room was clean, and the bed was super comfy. It was a quiet hotel and it gave us a relaxing honeymoon.

South Florida, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2012

First trip to Napa with 12 of our friends. Great location in downtown Napa. Rooms are a bit small but very well appointed. Big bathroom with huge walk in shower. All staff extremely friendly and dedicated to your comfort and satisfaction. The second floor terrace is really cool with plenty of seating and multiple fire pits. If you eat breakfast here, you should try the steel cut oatmeal or the chicken hash. Both were outstanding. Well done property!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed the first week of October. First time at the hotel. My husband and I had a great experience. The location is great for walking around at night - close to many great restaurants. The room was larger than I expected. There is only a shower - no tub. It has a wonderful rain shower is you prefer. Parking is free. If you choose self park, it's a small walk but not bad. Can't think of any negatives expect we tried several times before we were able to get a spot at the bonfire in the evening. That is a wonderful extra that the hotel offers.

new jersey
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Having been to the Napa area several times, I wanted to stay a little further north. Because of the busy harvest season, my husband and I could only find a hotel in downtown Napa - the Andaz. What a wonderful choice it was!! The hotel is absolutely immaculate. The service is on-par with some of the 5 stars we've stayed at in Europe and New York. At check in, they gave my husband and me a glass of wine and told us to have a seat while they checked us in on an iPad. What could be better than checking in, after a long trip, with a glass of wine and lounging on the couch? The housekeeping was excellent - our room looked fabulous each day when we came home and the bed was soooooooo comfortable. We had drinks at the bar a few nights as well. The wine selection was excellent and the specialty cocktails were very speakeasy-esque. We ate breakfast at the hotel and were pleasantly surprised. The juices and muffins were fantastic. My husband had the french toast and LOVED it. The only thing I'll comment on (more for the hotels benefit) is that they really need to train their servers a little better. The service was REALLY slow and I had to ask for a glass of water 3 times. Since we weren't in a rush, I didn't mind as much but this is the only negative I would mention about our entire experience.

Another excellent pro to this hotel is how close it is to downtown. We planned several dinners at the newly revitalized downtown Napa and were thrilled to be able to walk to dinner each night. It's also 3 blocks from the Silverado trail making getting to the wineries a breeze! The downtown area is much different than it was 3 years ago when we stayed there last. There are more restaurants, bars, coffee shops and stores. I definitely am more of a St. Helena, Rutherford, Calistoga girl - but this gorgeous hotel and it's proximity to fabulous restaurants has me rethinking staying further north.

A few tips - definitely try to grab a drink at the bar and go to the second floor. There are fabulous firepits outside where you can enjoy a cocktail in the fresh air by a warm fire. The non-alcoholic drinks in the mini bar are complimentary so definitely take advantage of that. Parking is free but if you use the valet, they charge you $17 a day. We were not made aware of that when we checked in. Not a huge deal, since we were on vacation and the valet was a really nice perk. Last, there is a Starbucks a few blocks down the road. Across from there is a coffee shop, I believe it's called the Napa Valley Coffee Shop or something like that. It's a mom and pop shop that serves AMAZING coffee and pastries and could really use everyone's business.

2 Thank justinnessa
Murfressboro TN
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I have been to Napa six times over the last seven years. This was by far our favorite trip and favorite hotel! I chose it because I try to always stay at Hyatt properties,but what a wonderful surprise this hotel was. Not only was it in a great location for our wine vacation the service and staff were awesome. We were warmly greeted upon arrival Any request we had or issue were promptly taken care of. The restaurant was great and food was very good. The terrace in the evening was a perfect place to end your day. The hotel is within walking distance of many great restaurants too. We plan to stay here next year when we return to Napa. I highly recommend this hotel.

2 Thank nowinebeforeitstime
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
The Westin Verasa Napa
Bardessono
Bardessono
#2 of 6 in Yountville
River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel

Been to Andaz Napa? Share your experiences!