“The hotel was chic but the policy at hotel was not customer service friendly”
Review of Andaz Napa

Andaz Napa
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We had a living room suite on the 4th floor. Beware of lower floors - you might have a structure as a view. The room was nice and the buffet breakfast was well worth the $16.00. I would have rated the hotel higher, except we wanted to check out a day early - it was Sunday and the hurricane had just gone right over our house in New York. We called 30 minutes after the noon checkout to the front desk and we were told we could not check out since the noon deadline was past. Then we were told we could pay 50% or $140 for the 30 minutes extra in the room - maid service hadn't even come yet to clean the room! That was a real turn off. We didn't plan for a hurricane going right over our house. They said we had to plan our trip better. LIsa (the manager on duty), really?!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank BLKing
Write a ReviewReviews (2,133)

Reviewed August 31, 2011

We just returned from a 2 night stay at the Avia in downtown Napa. I figured I would share experiences as the front desk had just been through Gold Passport training. First off, the hotel is very nice. It is a centralized downtown location and walking distance to many restaurants and shops. The self parking is not too bad but behind the hotel on the 3rd and 4th floors. The lobby is nice and modern. We did not eat at the hotel so I cannot comment on the food. Our room was 208 and it was really great. The bathroom has a rain shower along with hand shower, a sitting area in the shower, and double sinks. The amenities are very nice. The room had a very comfortable king bed, a chair with desk next to it, a large sitting chair, and a bench beneath the 42" LCD TV. There was a nice mini bar that was electronically sensored, and an area for personal items. The coffee service was PODS and there was nightly water with turndown service. The real highlight of the room was the balcony. It was approx. 500 sq. ft. and came with 2 chaise loungers and a table for 4. It was very nice to enjoy a bottle of wine before dinner and enjoy the nice mild weather. I was very satisfied with the room.
As I checked out, there was a discrepancy with the bill as I was charged for parking. I spoke to her about the pending change and she was informative. Please to not take these a concrete things because it was one host.
-It will be branded a Hyatt September 1st
-She did not know which brand of Hyatt (my guess would be Andaz)
-I made the comment it could not be a Park Hyatt due to lack of high end restaurant. She said that they are interested in buying the attached retail space and putting in a top notch restaurant.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gwhite216
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We loved our stay at Avia. Wonderful part of town for easy walking and dining. The room was nice and bright and the beds were very comfortable. We drove to the vineyards each day and were excited to return to our lovely accommodations. Make sure you visit the terrace outside in the evening. You can sit by the fire with your own wine, and visit with the other guests.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We had a great stay at the Avia while we were visiting the Napa Valley.

We were there with our 18m old daughter and the staff went above and beyond to accomodate for us in terms of warm milk and food restrictions for our daughter.

The concierge got us reservations at "Auberge du soleil" which was 'booked' according to an online booking site.

We had a great stay and very much enjoyed the hotel/room and restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2011

While in San Fran for business my husband & I decided to spend a day in Napa. We travel to Napa/Sonoma yearly. We thought we would try the new Avia Hotel. It was not what we envisioned. Our suite w/tax was $379 nightly. I had called the day prior to inquire about early check-in and was told 'NO', instantly. We arrived at 2:30 and attempted to check-in and with no eye contact from the from desk attendants, we were told no, and not before 4 pm. Traveling monthly, and in the hospitality business I understand being busy and fully booked, however, I also understand, ALL rooms are not instantly available at 4 pm. We were told we could leave our number and they would cal us when our suite became available. Our phone didn't ring. We returned at 4:30 and our room was ready. We got to our room and the keys didn't work: back to the front desk, stand in-line, show id, rekey cards......finally in our room. Open the drapes and we have a 5 story solid cement wall the length of the hotel. What a view! and I paid $375 for it. We were told they have 'free tastings' from 5-6pm with food pairing from the chef. We got ready for dinner and went to the free tasting, which is hosted by a local vineyard, so no expense to the hotel, except for the food pairings, which NEVER appeared.
In summary the pictures look good in the advertizements, but my money can get me more bang for the buck at any number of establishments in the Valley.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank kellyagogo
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Over the years, I've avoided staying in Napa when visiting wine country. The hotels and B and B's are just too expensive and pretentious. I fell in love with Avia Napa, the relaxed, yet chic decor. Great room service, casual wine bar and helpful staff. The location in the heart of downtown is perfect, and if a special is on, or it's not a busy weekend, the rates are relatively less expensive than some other places. We had a fireplace suite, upgraded, and I must admit I'm spoiled for anything else now.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Stayed here last year on my first trip to napa. The hotel is brand new and centrally located in downtown napa. Self park is free behind the building. We got the master king suite w lux tub and it was fabulous. The tub was very romantic, the shower was great and the bed heavenly. Had dinner in the restaurant one night too and it was pretty good. I am more a modern clean high end hotel kinda gal than a bed and breakfast kinda gal and this hotel beat the b&b I stayed in in yountville 10 to 1 and but was half the price. Loved loved loved!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maryanne007newyork
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
The Westin Verasa Napa
Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill
Embassy Suites by Hilton Napa Valley
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa
Hotel Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#2 of 6 in Yountville

Been to Andaz Napa? Share your experiences!