“chef doesn't know what a bolognese sauce is”

Siena at The Meritage Resort and Spa
Reserve with OpenTable
Siena at The Meritage Resort and Spa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 289 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Napa Corporate Way
Description: At our signature restaurant, Siena, we have created a savory menu that provides exquisite flavors for every palate, ensuring one of the most delicious Wine Country dining experiences. Many ingredients are sourced locally and most dishes blend both Italian and Californian flavors. Every plate is prepared fresh from the finest ingredients. You will savor farm-raised beef, artisan cheeses, house made pastas, sustainably caught seafood, and a fresh selection of decadent desserts. Revitalize yourself at The Meritage Resort's award-winning restaurant in Napa Valley. Recent accolades include: Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, Napa Valley Vintners' Napa Valley Restaurant Award, and OpenTable's Diners' Choice Winner. Dine inside, where the spectacular Palio di Siena horse race is depicted by banners and murals in a charming setting, or alfresco on the Siena patio. Siena is open daily to resort guests and the public for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The restaurant serves as a great location for a business breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and offers a delicious brunch every Sunday.
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was at the Meritage Resort for a day-long seminar. At lunch went to Siena. Ordered Pappardelle Bolognese. The pappardelle was truly al dente--a rarity these days in resturants who almost always pre-cook their pastas, so that by the time you get it, it's as if it had been on a steam table for three hours.But the pasta was pretty much ruined by what Siena's chef calls bolognese, which was 90% tomato paste, 5% meat. It was thick, gloppy, and not very tasty either. A true bolognese is primarily meat.

Nice enough wine choices by the glass.

Service excellent.

I was only there once, but the chef's version of bolognese leads me to wonder what else he hasn't got right.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had the best experience at the coolest new hippest new bar and lounge in Napa. I brought my whole family including two small children and was amazed at how quickly they made us feel welcome and were very attentive. My server was Mandy who was backed up by Lavahnt who helped bring out our delicious food and made extra attempts to make a bar feel kid friendly.The bowling concierge Julia, also did a great job setting us up and even putting bumpers down for the three year old so he could participate. The whole crew made me feel welcome and I can't wait to come back and bring my friends.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Here on our honeymoon and Siena was where we went for our first dinner as husband and wife (aside from the reception babquet). Siena's warm atmosphere makes for a very comfortable and intimate to dine. Rafael (our server) was very outgoing and knowledgable about the menu and wine list. Ian (the busperson) was very attentive and prompt. Both Rafael and Ian were a pleasure to converse with. They were also helpful with some local recommendations. The menu was very diverse and modern. I had the filet and my husband had the Barramundi which were both cooked perfectly and the chef chose the accompaniments very well. Both my husband and I work in the hospitality industry and would notice the little things that a lot of people would not. We can say honestly that we were very pleased with Siena and would recommend.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The food was good, but a little overpriced in my opinion. That said, the price was in keeping with the ambience and I guess you pay for that....

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Although the servers were friendly, they were dreadful. I had to ask for my glass of wine 3 times. Items arrived in random order. Got the oysters, but had to ask several times for a seafood fork, then they brought three of them and gave them to my dad who had only ordered soup. The salad, the first salad, was wilted and slimy. The second came saturated in so much dressing it was more like soup. The pizza was greasy and soggy. Our stay at the Meritage was excellent. The rooms were beautiful and the service and staff were top notch, but skip the restaurant. Even if you think it'll be an easy little dinner one night when you're too tired to go out, you're better off not eating.

2  Thank Pamelja F