“100% customer satisfaction with an 'only guest' treatment!”

and 1 more site!
Candlelight Inn Napa Valley
Ranked #7 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 7, 2006

This Bed and Breakfast is THE example of 100% customer satisfaction. I have worked in the 5 star hotel setting for many years and they meet every guideline of a "Preferred Hotel" and a 5 star hotel. This hotel makes you feel like you are the only guest.

Upon arrival we were warmly greeted and showed to our beautiful room (The Lady Heather). The room was better than pictured on the internet (which is always a good thing). We were shown the amenities of the room and how to work everything. The oversized jetted tub was wonderful. We also had a welcome gift of truffles and a bottle of champagne (see photo). The welcome card was printed specifically for us. We were made to feel that we were the only guest in the hotel and all of their time was dedicated to us.

Little details like the all day chocolate cake, sodas and wine selection. It was nice to know that it was always available. We went out and bought some ice cream for the wonderful chocolate cake only to find that if you only ask, they will add ice cream and even sprinkles (my wife’s favorite). The Bed and Breakfast always smelled of warm vanilla.

This was my first trip to Napa Valley (I had lived in Monterey, CA for 20 years! and never been). They made the trip even more exciting than my wife was telling me. We would recommend this Bed and Breakfast to everyone who comes to Napa Valley for a quiet, amazing getaway. For the price, you get everything you would want and more.

Oh yeah... the BREAKFAST was amazing. What a great treat every morning to have such a gourmet breakfast put together for us. Who would say no to a 3-course breakfast? Love the private tables for each couple. We were not fans of being seated with other people and we were happy to see individual tables for two.

Thank you everyone at Candlelight! We had a wonderful time and will definitely visit again when back to Napa!

Derrick and Shannon Rose

• Stayed: March 2006
6  Thank rosedrr

Reviewed April 27, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Candlelight Inn in April of 2006. Prior to arriving there I was back and forth with Carol the Concierge to make dinner reservations for us & leave a funny little note for my boyfriend on the TV for when we arrived. You always think that they won't be on top of details at most places, but I can say I was SHOCKED and beyond plesantly surprised that they had done exactly as I had requested.

The Staff is so knowledgeable regarding restaurants and tours in the area, so I highly recommend taking their advice.

Our stay at Candlelight Inn was absolutely perfect! The room was exactly as expected. Super Clean and cozy. It really felt like home. Everyone was so friendly and willing to help with anything. They even changed some already hard to make reservations for us last minute, as well as re-book our room for our last night because we had to fly out for a family emergency. AND it was the night before, so they had no notice. BUt they didn't say no, they said they would do whatever they can. And sure enough they did and we weren't stuck with a nights fee for not staying there. What place does that last minute? So extremely accomodating.

The breakfasts are the die for! Absolutely delicious. Great food combinations, healthy & more importantly tasty. The grounds are peaceful and well kept, and it's really nice to just sit in the back by the wonderful pool and listening to the babling of the brook behind the property.

We stayed in the Lower Champagne Room, the smallest in the place, but I have to say with the layout you didn't even feel it. It was everything we needed for a wonderful 3 nights stay.

Mark & Wendy are really talented B&B hosts! I would recommend as well as come back to Candlelight Inn anytime and plan on doing so in the near future. Quite a delightful stay. And also very romantic.

2  Thank Laura C
Reviewed April 26, 2006

My boyfriend Dustin and I love coming to this place just to get out of the city. We just stayed a night at the cottage this past weekend and it was exquisite. The attention to detail is amazing and I really take note of places that can meets your needs before you even have to ask. It is so nice to be able to find some peace on the weekends when we are both so busy. We plan on returning time and time again.

2  Thank Millzo
Reviewed April 19, 2006

I've always heard that bed and breakfasts in Napa Valley were incredible, but this one certainly takes the cake! We stayed in the Upper Champagne room, which is their most inexpensive room ($180/night). The room was charming, clean and had the most comfortable bed. The owners and staff were warm and welcoming the minute we arrived. They made our dinner reservations for us, and one of the restaurants surprised us with a complimentary appetizer compliments of the Inn. The breakfast is homemade and unbelievable. They also have delicious chocolate cake, snacks and wine available for the guests at all times. The owners were always extremely helpful. The location is 2 minutes from downtown Napa where there are many well-known restaurants. I strongly recommend this bed and breakfast.

1  Thank FloridaBB4
SamNeft, Owner at Candlelight Inn Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2017

Thank you for the the 5 star review!

Reviewed April 19, 2006

My husband and I went for a getaway weekend to beautiful Napa and we decided to stay at the Candlelight Inn based on the reviews from this site. It is a very cute and charming Inn with a delicious three course breakfast in the morning. We especially enjoyed the evening reception with the wine and appetizers. The chocolate cake is there anytime you want some and they will even add vanilla ice cream and sprinkles to it! We stayed in the Starlight room and the only complaint about that room is that the bed is very high up, but they do provide a little stepstool on either side for your convinience. The bathtub with the jets was an added bonus along with the cozy fireplace. We highly recommend the Candlelight Inn.

3  Thank BuyBuys

Thanks. Sounds like the inn was just what you needed to relax and glad you found the inn charming too.

Reviewed April 10, 2006

My husband and I stayed for two nights in the Candlelight Suite. This was our first trip to Napa and found this delightful B&B on this site. All the reviews are correct. The service is one of a kind. The food is terrific - three course breakfast each day, appetizers waiting for you after your adventures in wine country and the amazing chocolate cake. Their staff was very helpful in planning our itinerary, and their suggestions were perfect for us. We definetly recommend this B&B for anyone traveling in the area. Super experience.

4  Thank cvgtravelers

Thank you for the the review.

Reviewed April 8, 2006

My husband and I toured Northern California on our honeymoon, and we spent 2 nights in the Candlelight Suite of the Inn. Everything was absolutely perfect. Mark and Wendy truly think of every detail, and they make you feel like family in their home. I don’t know how they can be so attentive to everyone that crosses their threshold, but they are! I’d recommend the inn to anyone, especially the Candlelight Suite which is very spacious, quiet, and private. I enjoyed every place we stayed at during our honeymoon, but the Candlelight Inn was my favorite. We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank AllisonC

Glad you both were able to relax and enjoy Napa.