“Beautiful and charming inn”

Candlelight Inn Napa Valley
Ranked #7 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
“Beautiful and charming inn”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We only had one night in Napa without the kiddos so we decided to check out the candlelight inn. It is so pretty and well taken care of by the innkeepers inside and out. Unfortunately the pool wasn't open for the season but that's ok. The room we stayed in (upper champagne room) was sufficient enough for us. A bit dated with the wood paneling but it was clean and comfortable. It had a TV with a DVD player and a cute little bathroom with a shower adjoined to it. There were 5 other couples there but we couldn't hear any other people at night. The breakfast was delicious and served in the cute little dining room. We got to chat with a few of the other couples before we headed out for the day on a wine tasting adventure. All in all it was a great little inn and we would definitely return in the future!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Mnmsmom
SamNeft, Owner at Candlelight Inn Napa Valley, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank-you for your stay with us! I'm pleased you liked your room and the breakfast room, along with our gourmet breakfast too. Sounds like the visit to the Napa Valley was just what the two of you needed to recharge.

I look forward to your return !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The Candlelight Inn is a beautiful gem. It is 5 minutes to downtown Napa by car. Sam, Scott and their entire staff were exceptionally professional, friendly and helpful. Sam's gourmet breakfasts are INCREDIBLE !!!! The property is immaculate. I would recommend this Inn to everyone!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Felicia1234
SamNeft, Owner at Candlelight Inn Napa Valley, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Felicia,

Thank-you for taking time to write this review! I am pleased you had a great stay and enjoyed th bounty of the Napa Valley too!

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We loved our stay at Candlelight Inn to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary. This was our first trip to California and we stayed three nights in Napa before heading to San Francisco. Sam, Scott, and the entire staff at Candlelight were gracious, helpful, and all around wonderful hosts. They offered great suggestions for things to do around Napa Valley, many of which we took and enjoyed tremendously.

We stayed in the Garden View Room and it was the prettiest room we have ever had for a B&B or hotel. It was very comfortable and spotlessly clean as well. We liked having our own private deck for the pool and a beautiful redwood tree right outside our window.

The breakfasts were fabulous and different every day. Three courses are served: first a fruit dish, then something with a carb like delicious, fluffy pancakes, and finally an egg based dish. My favorites were the egg puffs -- SO GOOD with tons of flavor and great texture. Whoever does the cooking is really talented!

There are fruit and cheese plates if you are hungry any time day or night, bottles of water, wine, and cake. Talk about hospitality -- Candlelight Inn does it right!

Room Tip: We loved the Garden View Room -- beautiful, airy, spacious, and you get your own private deck to the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FloridaGirl1983
SamNeft, Owner at Candlelight Inn Napa Valley, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your 4th Anniversary with us! I am pleased your visit to California and Napa Valley was a wonderful trip!

We all work together to make sure the rooms are clean and the breakfast is a treat. We thought going with a three course breakfast was different and keeping in line with being a bed and breakfast in the Napa Valley.

Thank-you.
San Mateo, California, United States
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful stay at the Candlelight Inn. We read about their wonderful breakfasts online but dismissed it because we are vegan...but to our surprise, they made us an amazing vegan breakfast!

Aside from being vegan friendly, the property is immaculate with beautiful gardens and big redwood trees in the back yard.

As for location, it's a bit outside of the downtown area but it's convenient for wine tasting and only a $7.50 can ride from the main town.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Jessie R
Mars Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was the first time ever my husband and I stayed in a Bed and Breakfast. Boy, were we spoiled!! We started our vacation in San Francisco for 6 days and then traveled to Napa for two evenings and a day at the vineyards. The Candlelight was the best place to stay. The price was reasonable, compared to the other B&Bs we looked at. The staff was absolutely wonderful.

We stayed in Lady Heather, which is small but totally fine. The breakfast the first day was just wonderful. Hot and fresh and the staff made sure you were doing ok. We had to catch a flight early the last day, so we were unable to join for breakfast. Sam and his team created a "to-go" breakfast for us which was just what we needed.

Thank you for Candlelight Inn!! We loved your home and we hope to come back soon!! :)

2 Thank AVL_Gamecock
SamNeft, Owner at Candlelight Inn Napa Valley, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank-you both for choosing to stay with us! I am so pleased to hear you say it was your first time at a bed and breakfast...and I know it won't be your last time either!

Sounds like your trip was just what the two of you needed...and I am happy that we were part of your vacation.

Cheers!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My (now) husband and I just stayed here for the second time. We initially stayed at the candlelight Inn on a three day weekend about a year ago for an anniversary trip, we loved it so much we decided to come back and stay for our week long honeymoon. This time around we decided to book the wine train and platypus tour with our stay in the the form of a package. Everything about this place is just wonderful. Sam, Scott, and Dan's hospitality is something of an art form. They walk that line of being wonderfully helpful, yet not intrusive.

We stayed in the Lady Brittany room, after staying in the Starlight room the last time. I don't think you can go wrong with any of their rooms. The Lady Brittany however, has its own balcony that overlooks the garden and pool. This was a great addition, as it was nice to come back and play a game of scrabble on the balcony with a bottle of wine (after too much wine, however I fumbled some tiles over the balcony and had to run downstairs to hunt for them). I slept like a rock every night of our honeymoon. The Lady Brittany also came equipped with a gas fireplace and huge two person jacuzzi tub. It happened to be incredibly hot in Napa this particular week (mid 90's) so I just cranked on the air conditioning so that I could still utilize the fire place and jacuzzi tub at night. Silly...yes I know, but it just makes for such a relaxing atmosphere.

The breakfasts at this place are the most amazing. We were there for four days and never had the same thing twice. Although I was partial to the banana pancakes with caramel sauce. I'm still dreaming about it. The inn-keepers will come around and make conversation with you while you enjoy your breakfast, ask about your plans, make dinner suggestions, winery suggestions, etc.. Even crack a few jokes with you. I love this place, have I mentioned that?

A couple of small details about this place that I noticed this trip really shined on their hospitality here. One night at 6:30pm I was craving a cup of coffee. I went down to their kitchen to see if there had been any left out. Not only was there coffee, but it came out piping hot and was absolutely fresh even at 6:30pm! That scored major points in my book. Not to mention the house wine they leave out for you to enjoy a glass, the soft drinks, and the meat and cheese platters left in the fridge that you could take up to your room.

My husband and I are already planning our next trip up towards the end of the year, and are already trying to figure out which room we'd like to try next :)

2 Thank Amanda W
Thank-you both for staying with us again! And, this time around you were able to enjoy the Wine Train and Playatpus Tours to see more of the valley.

Sounds like the best room for scrabble is one with a balcony !

Glad you loved the pancakes! Next time you have to try the raisin-bread french toast...

Again,

Thank-you

Cheers!

Leasburg, Missouri
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I were on vacation in California and went to the Napa valley area for a visit. While we were there, we asked some of the locals for recommendations about lodging at a b&b. We were told the Candlelight Inn was the best in the area. We stayed there and it really did turn out to be one of the biggest highlights of the entire trip. Sam and his staff went all out to make every facet of our stay there perfect. The rooms were so nice, and the grounds were elegant and perfectly groomed. The five course breakfast the next morning was unforgettable. I only wished we could have stayed longer. The next time we travel to Napa, we WILL call ahead and book our stay at the Candlelight Inn.

1 Thank duganheimer