“Perfect romantic weekend escape”

and 1 more site!
Candlelight Inn Napa Valley
Ranked #7 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 23, 2008

We just returned from a glorious two night stay at the Candlelight Inn in Napa. Already we can't wait to go back! From the moment we arrived on Friday afternoon to our unfortunate departure on Sunday the staff catered to every one of our needs. From winery and dining advice to travel routes the staff knew the Napa valley inside and out. We had booked the Lady Heather room and we were not disappointed with the hot tub, the comfy bed, or the spacious bathroom. The Inn is located at the end of the street which gives it a secluded appearence even though you are in an ideal central location for exploring the valley. Our long weekend in Napa was my wife's Christmas present and me booking the Candlelight Inn was the icing on the cake according to her!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mailcommando

Reviewed January 15, 2008

Sorry for the delay in writing, however it cannot go unnoticed how most reviewers say the same thing about Candlelight Inn and the hostess with the mostess Wendy. Not to mention her staff, especially Ariana who help my friend and I immensely with the best advice anyone can give to New Yorkers such as us. The breakfasts were to die for and our room was the Candlelight Room which I believe is the best room in the house upstairs from the dining area. Every morning I would wake up to the scent of coffee and fresh muffins. The quiet surroundings were glorious after a long day at the wineries, especially after the Napa Valley Ballon Ride that Wendy arranged for us. If you're clueless about restaurants and/or the wineries Wendy and her staff were there to help. I cannot seem to forget wonderful Fluffy who until this day is the joke of the week. There is no life unless you live one like Fluffy. He is part of the establishment...and the mural on the wall says it all. I would defnitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank trainerdz
Reviewed December 31, 2007

We stayed in the Creekside Cottage, which was very private and romantic tucked back behind the main house. The cottage was very quant, with a lovely balcony on the backside overlooking huge mature trees and a river down below. The king size bed was also incredibly comfortable, situated next to the warm fireplace. Wendy brought us our 3 course breakfast every morning, which was absolutely fabulous. Accompanying Wendy each morning was our new four legged friend, Fluffy, who was nothing but a gentleman while visiting with us each morning :)

I highly recommend this B&B to anyone looking to stay in Napa. The grounds are beautiful, everything is well kept and Wendy was extremely helpful (she planned our dinners in town every night and also set up our limo tour for the day with Tac - who is also recommended). A great place to stay for any occasion!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelinfool101
Reviewed December 26, 2007

My new husband and I spent three nights here at the end of our honeymoon, and it was delightful. We stayed in the cottage at the back of the property, which was perfectly private and had the most wonderful view over a creek behind the inn. (Stay in the cottage if you can, but you have to ask for it -- they do not advertise it on their site!) We got their romance package as well, and it was absolutely worth it: They took care of everything for us, including a horseback ride through a vineyard, a hot air balloon ride, a private tour of Wine Country with a chauffeur (whom we have booked for our return trip -- he was that good!), and a couple's massage. And there was a delightfully stocked fridge when we got there full of wine, beer, cheese and crackers.

Breakfast was brought to us in the cottage each morning, and it was delicious!

The cottage was very clean and beautifully decorated. The jacuzzi and king-size bed (which was so soft and comfy) were wonderful. What a great way to cap off our honeymoon.

One misstep: When an employee heard asked where we were eating that night (the French Laundry) as we were checking in, she screwed up her nose and gave us a not-so-sparkling review and had a few things to say about the change in ownership, which startled me because I hadn't heard about it. It turns out she was talking about the change more than 10 years ago! But I'd been so looking forward to that meal and I was very deflated. My husband later complained, but the owner made things right: She gave us a bottle of wine as we left and offered a free night the next time we were in Napa to make up for it, along with her profuse apologies.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brookelyn3
Reviewed December 19, 2007

We stayed in the cottage for one night during winter. Napa was lovely, all the wineries were lit up with holiday decorations. The Inn was warm and inviting, tucked away at the end of a cul-de-sac.
The cottage was perfectly romantic, with a tub in the bedroom and a gas fire place. Breakfast was served in the cottage in the morning.

What a delightful time!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ks25
Reviewed November 26, 2007

Pretty much everything that can be mentioned has, but this B & B deserves all the rave reviews it can get. My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in the Garden View room and booked the Ultimate Package. Having stayed in only one B & B before, we expected a few things, but this one blew away all our excectations. Fantastic breakfasts, served at tables for 2 so you can keep to yourselves if you'd like, which was a nice touch. I have a food allergy that I bumped into the first day and never had to mention again, the staff remembered and made a point of making something else for me on the one morning where it became a big issue. Those are the little things that make a vacation extra special. Everything in the package was also wonderful, Wendy chooses her suggestions carefully, we loved the driver, hot air balloon company, and the horseback riding were all equally wonderful (horse ride especially - I was nervous and they made extremely sure I was comfortable and enjoyed myself) Thanks Wendy! We'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Irys74
Reviewed November 18, 2007

What can I say about the Candlelight Inn - that hasn't been said already. We stayed in the Vista View room, which had a spa tub and balcony - the room was spacious and lovely. The breakfast every morning was exceptional! Wendy and her staff were very helpful with reservations and always available when you needed them. The Inn is located in a residential neighborhood, but close to shopping, restaurants and of course the wine trail. We had a wonderful in Napa and staying at the Candlelight Inn was perfect. We would recommend this inn to anyone and of course stay there again when visiting Napa.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple