“Truly a pleasure! Peaceful, quiet and relaxing!”

Candlelight Inn Napa Valley
Ranked #7 of 23 Napa B&B and Inns
Slate Hill
“Truly a pleasure! Peaceful, quiet and relaxing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

My husband and I recently spent our 35th wedding anniversary at this lovely house while also enjoying some wine tours in the valley. It was quiet, lush, comfortable and the breakfasts were out of this world! Sam and his staff made us feel like personal guests in his private home - our every need was met. Truly, truly memorable, an oasis of peace in a frenetic world. Thank you for all the hard work, Sam!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank SlateHillErika

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
N. California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2011

Candlelight Inn is located on the west side of the Napa Highway, at the end of a cul de sac in a residential neighborhood. It is a very quiet and pretty location. The rooms are quiet and well-appointed. The bed is firm and comfortable. The hosts are very attentive and helpful without being smothering. The breakfasts are excellent - elegant, without being too much food. There is an internet terminal, and the local (SF) papers are available in the living room.

You are a mile or 2 from downtown. For me this is a plus, as the place is quiet, and you have grounds, where you can sit outside and relax and lie on the sun. OTOH, you must be aware that there is nothing useful within walking distance.

The Inn itself was constricted in 1929, with a major addition in the 90's. Herein lies my only mini-objection. We stayed in the older part of the Inn. While the room was in almost all respects perfect, the heat is not controllable from within the room. Both we and our traveling companions (in another room) were both a bit troubled by our rooms getting fairly hot on the middle of the night, even after closing the heating vents. If this is the sort of thing which bothers you, then I would advise getting placed in the newer wing of the Inn.

With this single and fairly minor exception, we found the Inn to be a perfect place to stay and would recommend it highly.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank W0nka
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

My wife and I traveled with 4 other couples to Napa Valley and we all stayed at the Candlelight Inn. This truly made the experience whole. I cannot imagine having the same Napa experience without the Candlelight Inn. Sam and his team were excellent hosts - always available yet never intrusive. We stayed in the Candlelight Suite. It was huge with a bay window / seating area, beautifully decorated room and steambath. Breakfasts were gourmet quality and served very promptly each morning. Highly recommended.

7 Thank jlongjohns
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2011

My girlfriend and I just left Candlelight inn after a 3 night stay in the garden view room. It was everything we wanted and more. It was so great to relax in our private jacuzzi tub in front of the fire after a day of wine tasting.

The location is perfect. It is in a peaceful, quiet neighborhood away from the hustle and bustle of town, yet within a short drive of anywhere one could want to go. We loved the quiet. It felt like we were the only guests even though the was close to full occupancy. It was so peaceful, quiet and intimate.

The food was delicious each morning (3 courses) and consisted of treats like fresh banana pancakes and frittatas. Sam, Scott and the rest of the staff were warm, friendly and knowledgeable about area vineyards and restaurants. We used the two person jacuzzi bathtub every day. It was amazing. We are staying at another B&B tonight and wish that we were still staying at the candlelight inn. We will definitely be back.

4 Thank mattmandelker
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

i almost don't want to write a review because i want to keep this inn a secret but i have to give credit where credit is due. this inn is AMAZING. i can't even tell you. seriously - i don't think there are enough nice words in the english language to explain this place.

i stayed at candlelight inn with my boyfriend for a nice romantic weekend away. we were greeted by dan who was more than helpful and telling us all about napa - the wineries and the extensive places to eat as well. he showed us around the inn and led us to our room - the majestic. i fell in love with this room from their website and the photos do not lie. this room is so unbelievable. a beautiful bed with so many pillows, fireplace, private porch with stairs to the pool and my favorite - the 2 person jacuzzi. the room was clean - the bathroom had everything it needed - including cotton swabs (which most places forget about) and i really liked the container for the tissues. nice deep red and gold tone to match the colors in the room.

that night there was a wine tasting from the x winery. the food accompanying the tasting was SO good esp. the shrimp ceviche (sp?). it was a nice way to meet the fellow travelers most of whom have been there a couple days and visited several wineries. just a really nice atmosphere.

the dining room is stocked with sodas, waters, wine, coffee, etc as well as cheese and crackers, cookies, brownies, and everyone's favorite - chocolate cake. YUM!

and what's a b&b with out the breakfast! how delicious... the first morning was mixed berries with fresh whipped cream, a bit of french toast with some pear, apple and cherries, and the 3rd course was a slice of quiche with some roasted potatoes. the second morning was a citrus fruit cup, cranberry scone, and a cheese and egg frittata with a slices of ham. all was delicious!

we checked out of our room with sam who couldn't be any friendlier. i really enjoyed our chat with him before we left. he was just really passionate about his inn and trust me, you can tell!

thank you so much, sam, dan and all the staff, for a wonderful stay! you will see us again!

3 Thank cats77
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

We were greeted and welcomed at the front door like family. Sam escorted us to the cozy and charming Candlelight Room and we were pleasantly surprised to find a bucket of Sparkling Wine, truffles, and well wishes for a happy 40th anniversary. The Candlelight Inn is by far the best B&B we've experienced. The breakfast, atmosphere, cleanliness, and staff -- simply perfect. Mahalo Nui Loa - The Dixons, Hawaii

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kaidixon
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

I always look at tripadvisor.com before I book my trips but haven't written a review and I think its time to pay it forward! Firstly, grounds of the Candlelight Inn, were spotless and beautiful. We entered and it was as beautiful inside and the staff is so pleasant. There is a wonderful fireplace that you can sit by in the general area while you are sipping the coffee, or tea, or cake, or chocolate or cheese or other endless snacks they provide you with 24/7. My room was quaint but spotless and romantic. I stayed in the Lower Champagne room and when they brought us to our room there was champagne on ice, a birthday card and chocolates in honor of my special day! I thought was was so lovely and thoughtful. The property is in a quiet residential area and is very easy to find.
This was our first B&B which is like staying at someone's home so you do hear when someone is coming up the stairs or walking by but we aren't light sleepers and are used to more noise being from NYC so not a bother to us. As a matter of fact I woke up one morning feeling like I was in my parent's home because the smell of fresh coffee and breakfast came right into our room neticing us to come down to eat!
And now that i mention breakfast--WOW--delicious, it's three courses and wonderful and truly prepares you for all the wine tastings that Napa Valley is known for. I actually mentioned to Sam, the Inn Keeper that I would gladly pay more if they had a package that included dinner as well, but they aren't allowed to do that due to some state regulations. Either way it's a B&B I would revisit in a heart beat and you really get personalized service and attention. I got a discount with a coupon on tripadvisor but I would book again without the discount because the amenities are worth it.
Thanks Candlelight Inn! Oh and thanks for mailing us the stuff we forgot, I got it!
Can't wait to go in warmer weather...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple