Poetry Inn
$274
$249
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Inn At The Vines(Napa)(Great Value!)
$192
$180
$360
$349
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Vino Bello Resort(Napa)(Great Value!)
$339
Hilton Garden Inn Napa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$202
$183
Hotel Napa Valley(Napa)(Great Value!)
$189
$183
Hotels.com
$339
Silverado Resort and Spa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$175
$140
Travelocity
$399
$319
All reviewscliff ledeoutdoor showerchef lynnrobert louis stevensonnapa valleythe hot air balloonsunderstated luxurysilverado trailwood burningcabernet sauvignonevery morningsoaking tubheated bathroom floorsour honeymoonwine and cheesestayed longercouples massage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2007

We love staying in Napa Valley, and decided, since we were only going to stay for one night, that we would try the Poetry Inn. I don't disagree with any of the rave reviews. The Innkeepers are great. The rooms are beautiful. We stayed in the largest, the Robert Louis Stevenson suite, because it was the only room available. We loved the views, the outdoor shower, the cheese plate upon arrival. The pool, while small, is very pleasant. I have nothing really negative to say about the Inn, except that for the money, I think I would rather stay at the Auberge du Soleil or Calistoga Ranch, and have the benefit of a restaurant, a fitness center, a full spa, room service etc. There is no question that this is a magnificent B&B. With only 5 rooms there is plently of solitude. We did get wonderful massages in the lovely treatment room, so we did not feel we were lacking by any means. I think it's just a matter of preference. I love small hotels, but I also love certain amenities, room service at night being one of them! So, if you want a B&B and are willing to pay a dear sum, then definitely I recommend the Poetry Inn. If you want a bit more, there are also good options in the region. Either way, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Brauna
Reviewed May 13, 2007

From the first contact via email with Monica & Chris the experience was a delight. The staff is respectful, attentive and professional. Located on the Silverado trail right before the Yountville Crossroad 500 feet above the valley floor is a wonderful spot for this Inn of 5 rooms.

The rooms are FANTASTIC! The views are second to none in the valley. 500 feet above the valley floor on the Stags Leap range allows for spectacular views. I stayed in the Robert Frost room that was exceptional. Large king bed, gorgeous views, beautiful bathroom with large shower, large soaking tub and double sinks. The patio has a hammock and outdoor shower. Off the bedroom is a large balcony looking across Stags Leap and Oakville growing districts. In room fireplaces and quiet rooms made for great relaxation.

All rooms have exceptional views. 1 penthouse room at the top and 2 rooms on each of the other 2 floors for a total of 5 rooms.

The breakfast was always fresh, simple and delicious as it was delivered to our room each morning. Fresh crepes, fresh sauteed fruit, gourmet pancakes, steak and eggs, belgian waffles were a few items we had to chose from each morning.

The wineries setup by Monica and Chris are also special. The Inn staff is very knowledgable and connected for off the beaten path winery experiences.

1 spa services room that offered a large array of services. My wife and I enjoyed massages, facials and reflexology on our last day in Napa. You can also have treatments in your room if you wish.

This is a MUST stay for a relaxing and unforgettable trip! I have stayed in multiple hotels and homes in Napa (Embassy suites, Marriott, El Bonita, Yountville Inn, Robert Mondavi Winery guest houses in Oakville and Stags Leap) none are more relaxing or well appointed than the Poetry Inn.

Yes, the price is worth it with no regrets at all. This is a very special place!

Kids and pets are not allowed.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank cheersFlorida
Reviewed April 28, 2007

The bathroom alone might be bigger than our NYC apartment. And we stayed in the Inn's SMALLEST room!? Incredible service and attention to detail. I loved the cheese and sparkling wine we were served upon our arrival and our room was BEAUTIFUL. Lots of outdoor space too to enjoy the incredible view. I agree with another reviewer and wonder when I can move in!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lorenkit
Reviewed April 8, 2007

The Poetry Inn was a beautiful gem, tucked away in Napa Valley. The experience couldn't have been any nicer! The room was extraordinary -- one of those places where everything is effortlessly perfect. Our room had a porch with an extraordinary view, an outdoor shower, a fabulous indoor shower, and a soaking tub, just to name a few features. The rate also included a delicious 3-course breakfast, on a balcony overlooking Napa valley. And, the spa room downstairs was perfectly sunny and quiet and zen.

Monica, one of the hosts, has developed great relationships with the local vintners and can help develop a wine itinerary that will impress even seasoned Napa veterans.

Highly recommended!

Stayed: March 2007
2  Thank CK107
Reviewed November 8, 2006

My husband and I spent two nights at the Poetry Inn in October 2006 and had a fantastic visit. The Inn was beautiful... when we arrived we were greeted with Champagne on the porch and a classy kindness on the part of the Innkeeper Chris Parkes.

The room was absolute perfection, every detail had been addressed -- and the entire property was possessed of a truly understated elegance. We stayed in e.e. cummings as it was the last room left during this busy period.

We saw all rooms but the top floor suite before we left and would be happy in any one of them -- the only comment I have is that the room on the kitchen side of the main floor seemed to get a little more of the 'breakfast smell' in it than any other -- and yet, the bathroom was so amazing with the outdoor shower looking out over the valley, I wouldn't even dissuade someone from staying in it.

We plan to go back. The breakfast each morning was delightful and except for being 'instructed' by the other innkeeper as to how to eat my cheese plate which was highly annoying it was an incredibly relaxed and comfortable environment.

We spent a day with Dan Dolen at Reserve Wine Tours going to several wineries in the valley and the innkeepers at the Inn knew him well and accomdated him as well in picking us up and dropping us off.

The whole experience was wonderful and I plan on going back. It was worth every penny. I even wrote about it on my blog: www.lifeonthemount.blogspot.com

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank dora_pirate