“breathtaking view, amazing room, fantastic breakfasts, great overall service!”
Review of Poetry Inn

Poetry Inn
Ranked #18 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Houston
“breathtaking view, amazing room, fantastic breakfasts, great overall service!”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We just returned from our 4-night stay in the Emily Dickinson room at the Poetry Inn. The views were absolutely breathtaking and the room was spectacular. The staff were extremely courteous and attentive. Breakfasts were outstanding. The property has a great location near to towns of St. Helena, Yontville and Napa. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Worldwide
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Perfect place for a romantic getaway. This is one of the priciest places I've ever stayed, but was pleased to feel it was worth it, and that I was lucky to find such a gem! It's so rare on a vacation that everything falls right into place, and then some. The accommodations, details and service went beyond my expectations.(comfy bed, huge bedroom, huge balcony, sitting room, lit fire at end of the day, sparking wine and goodies, the view, the privacy, peace and quiet...) On the same trip, we also stayed at a larger inn which came highly recommended, but that was a mistake. Nothing can compare to Poetry Inn, as many other visitors have expressed. Next trip I hope to stay more than 2 nights!!! (I know much of what I wrote has already been written in the reviews but I still wanted to add something so readers of my other reviews might get a point of reference from it).

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SityCatTraveler
Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Wow! is the word that kept popping into my head with this fabulous property! I felt so lucky to have found this place, and yes it did live up to expectations! We booked the Walt Whitman room after much deliberation and I was thrilled with our choice, the room was huge with the most gorgeous balcony that looks out over the Cliff Lede vineyards. Breakfast every morning was fabulous, the pastry's from Buchon were definitely the highlight. The main magic about this place is the fact it is so small you feel like you're in your own private hunting lodge! Leona and Daniel were our inn keepers for the week and nothing was too much trouble from arranging dinner reservations to booking wine tastings, I missed them when we got home!!!!! I loved the fact that the mini fridge is refilled everyday and its all free except the wine, this is such a nice touch, so many hotels don't refresh this everyday. This place really is a gem, and if luxury and seclusion are what you're looking for then this place is for you. I cant wait to go back!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skhs
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I compare The Poetry Inn to a Concorde type experience and like the Concorde this inn can't last foreverer. With just five rooms and truly exceptional service and quality, there cannot be much profit in the business! So take advantage now of the owner's gift to all travelers to the Napa Valley.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Simply, totally, completely splendid in every possible way. I stayed in the 3rd floor Robert Lous Stevenson suite, and 3 nights wasn't enough. I really hated to leave. Every single thing has been though of for your luxurious comfort and convenience, and provided.

Everything is top-notch in quality, and beautifully maintained.
Service is stellar.
Food at breakfast from Chef Chris was delicious.

Location is excellent, within 5 miles or so of several Michelin starred restaurant's such as Etoile at Domaine Chandon and LaToque and Redd.

And the view, that glorious view from every room. Wow.

What a wonderful, romantic, intimate, SPECIAL place Poetry Inn is.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CinderellaDearest
Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed June 14, 2010

A friend recommended The Poetry Inn and when i first called they were fully booked. They put me on a waiting list and three weeks before our visit they had an opening and we took it immediately. Everything about this place is wonderful.

The decor is chic, elegant and comfortable. My husband and I stayed in their largest suite and it really had everything you could imagine or want. We had breakfast on our private deck overlooking the valley. After the first day the staff knew exactly how I wanted my tea, what newspaper we wanted to read and magically appeared only when we needed something. When we asked for something it was always done immediately. Last minute dinner reservation, another massage, directions. We were even given sunscreen on our way out the door.

The best part about the inn is that it is so comfortable you don't want to leave! All the furniture is inviting and the view over the valley is incredible. Because of its small size it tends to be VERY quiet so if you are looking for a lively place this would not be the best choice. If you want a romantic, quiet, relaxing trip away I could not think of any better place than this. The innkeepers event sent a thank you note when we got home.

An added bonus is the variety of excellent restaurants a short distance away. I would suggest booking ahead to avoid disappointment.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank baers
Massachusetts
Reviewed March 12, 2010

We've found ourselves coming back the Walt Whitman room again and again, ever since Poetry Inn opened for business. The view from the patio is as grand and serene as we've experienced (including Positano, Maui, St. Barths, and many other breathtaking room views). Since there are only about 1/2 dozen rooms, there is no crowd factor here, and the privacy is exquisite. Chris has been a great, steady host over the years, though we heard Lena was planning to leave (as of January) – not sure if she’s changed her mind based on recent postings. A newer, male innkeeper is a bit junior, but harmless.

As mentioned below, the champagne and cheese greeting transitions you into a world of absolute relaxation. The breakfasts are always fresh, tasty, and filling. While the absence of late-day room service leaves you on your own, there are more than enough sit down, take home, and picnic food options in the area to compensate.

The room is perfect and spacious, and the inn’s cleanliness has been maintained over the five years we have been visiting. The heated tile floor is noteworthy. The outdoor shower on the balcony is always refreshing. The pool area, while small, provides a good sunning and dipping spot.

As a runner, I park at the Cliff Lede (Inn owner’s) Vineyard parking lot about ¼ mile away, then run on Yountville Cross Rd. – it’s as meditative a runner’s or hiker’s environment as you will find, at least in the morning. It’s barely a five minute ride into Yountville Center, with several restaurants and shops, and the Inn’s location on Silverado Trail offers a great north-south route to approach Oakville, Rutherford, St. Helena, and Calistoga (rather than the occasionally congested Rt. 29). Plenty of great vineyards in and outside of the Stag’s Leap district are within convenient reach. Poetry provides climate controlled space to store your wine purchases.

Really a gem, even for this travel snob.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JorjeJaj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Hotel Yountville
#4 of 6 in Yountville
Villagio Inn and Spa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#5 of 6 in Yountville

Been to Poetry Inn? Share your experiences!