“Not worth the price”

Silverado Resort and Spa
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I stayed 3 nights in this resort for a conference.
The resort is probably very suitable if you want to go there for playing golf with the whole family. It is less suited for conference attendees.
The environment is quite nice, and my room was very large and well equipped, with a nice view on the green. The main building of the resort, where the conference meetings were held, is also nice and elegant.
However, I detected some details which are not acceptable, given the price of the hotel.
First of all, my room was close to one where some workers were doing refurbishment, and this created quite a lot of noise.
Secondly, a number of lights in the room didn't work correctly. Third, I don't understand why the checking time is so late (4pm), so that I had to wait for more than one hour before getting the room. Finally, the distance between my room and the main building was more than 10 minutes walking.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank MATTEO S
There are newer reviews for Silverado Resort and Spa

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed in one of their 1 bedroom suites. The room was in great recently renovated condition. It felt like a 1 bedroom condo/apartment complete with a full size kitchen. I was on a lower level room. My only issue was that I could hear my neighbor above me who decided to get up an hour before i did. I recommend getting a second floor room, or there are others that are single story as well. Overall I had a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed in one of the condos. When we arrived, the staff was very accomodating in getting us set-up -- especially since we arrived before checkin. On first look, I thought the condo appeared charming--A sitting room with fireplace, a balcony with ample seating, an appointed kitchen (which dishes, pots and pans, and a Kuerig), a bedroom with King bed, and a bathroom. However, the appliances were very dated and the sitting room furniture had what appeared to be water stains. Also the walls must be fairly thin as we could hear just about everything that was going on next door (fortunately the other tenants were only there during one of the days.) Honestly, it was the condo itself that made this rating a "3" rather than the overall experience.

Prior to arriving, all of our carry-on luggage (including our tablet computer) was stolen in San Francisco, and we were kind of desperate to print off our itineray and found that Silverado does not have a business center for its guests. (A nice concierge, however, let us use his computer--Thank you!)

My husband played both golf courses, and found them fairly challenging--I believe one was originally designed in the 60's and the other was recently re-designed.
The staff at the grill was excellent--friendly and accomodating--we had the same experience at the bar in the Mansion.

We spent little time at the resort at Silverado (other than my husband's golfing) because we felt there wasn't much else to do (they do have a full spa). We made several side-trips on our own during our three day stay at the resort, and checked out Napa, one of the hiking trails and a winery.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I attended a conference at the Silverado Resort in March. After spending two nights at the property, I have no desire to ever return. Here is why:

1. My hotel room was not available when needed.
I arrived around 1pm and, when I tried to check in, I was told that check-in time was 4pm. While that may normally be fine, I came to attend a conference that started around 2:30pm that same day. Clearly the hotel wasn't interested in accommodating the conference attendees. I was forced to sit in the lobby for three hours - despite repeated requests to the front desk staff to explain my situation. By the time I got a room, showered and ironed my clothes, all of the conference sessions for the day had ended. (Making matters worse was that, once I got my room keys, I was told the staff would bring my bag to my room. That process took another 30 minutes and required two phone calls to the front desk.)

2. The room quality was sub-par (to say the least).
The room I received was equivalent to something at a Motel 6 or Econolodge-type motel. It was tiny - I couldn't even go to the bathroom without bumping the wall. And if I opened the TV cabinet, I essentially blocked off access to the restroom. For almost $200 a night, the quality of the room was absolutely intolerable.

3. Spiders
My room must have had a spider infestation. There were cobwebs in the bedroom area and in the bathroom. See attached photo to see what was crawling on my bed one morning. As a result, I received a number of spider bites.

I sent the hotel management an email with the information mentioned above. Days later I received a call from someone expressing regret and wanting to find out more about my experience. I couldn't talk then and promised I would call them back. I called back two different times over the course of two weeks and left messages both times. I have not yet received a return call. I guess I shouldn't be surprised - this just confirms that the hotel is not very interested in its customers and providing them with a good experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Atul T
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This resort has it all. Beautiful rooms, golf, spa and great dining. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. The price is very well worth the value you pay. Only wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy it all. Be sure and make your reservations well in advance, they sell out quickly!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Where do I begin? Arrived early and they had a room ready, positive. However, the room was next to a condo where they were doing remodeling and saws and workers music were blaring. We payed for the upgrade but walked in and it was straight from the 1980's. So we asked to be moved to another room that was remodeled. They did accommodate. This room had newer carpet but the room smelled of pet urine which we saw the spot on the carpet. The shower had a used bandaid near the drain, gag, and the window screen was not attached to the outside window of the master bedroom. The kitchen was clean and the bed was comfortable. Would like to know the brand of the bed can't find it on website.
Now to location of condo. We were in the Oak Creek location. The view of the golf course was nice and tranquil put it is so far away from the resort that we felt like we were staying in apartments instead of a resort. Even if you call for a golf cart to come get you it is a long ride. At least 2 miles from resort. So we didn't get to use the resort facilities at all.
Would I stay here again? Probably not, and it is definitely not 5 star so if that is what you are looking for this is not it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Kind of shocking getting an old fashioned key instead of a key card. The suite we booked had nice upgrades in the bathroom, but not the kitchen. The fridge made so much noise it kept us awake at night. The suite was spacious and a bit rustic. The tv in the bedroom was useless, as it did not face the bed and could not swivel that way. The golf courses were in good shape and challenging. The breakfast in the clubhouse was good, if a bit on the pricey side. Good access to both downtown Napa and the wineries on Silverado Trail. Overall, the resort was a good value considering that it is in California.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill
Ivy Hotel Napa
Ivy Hotel Napa
#27 of 30 in Napa

Been to Silverado Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!