“Not the best run resort ...”

Silverado Resort and Spa
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at Silverado for a special event in June 2013. It was our first trip to Napa and we loved the area. When I called to request an early check in before we arrived I was told our reservation had been cancelled ... They did fix the problem, but an early check in was out. We ended up being moved from room to room several times and I think they finally upgraded us, which was greatly appreciated - but I felt like the hotel staff had no clue what was going on. I have worked in a hotel before, and their lack of communication and kindness with guests shocked me. It even took a long time to check out, which should have been easy. I think Silverado has rested on it's laurels for too long and needs a good overhaul when it comes to the room / hotel management.

That said - the room we had was fine and the location was great. The units were worn, but fine for the days we were there. I think if I was spending a week or two there I would have been a little more picky. We enjoyed the restaurant and the food was very good. Service was great.

The Event Staff was FANTASTIC!! I can't say enough about the beautiful event we attended there and the staff that were wonderful. Glasses and plates were quietly whisked away and new glasses and plates were in their place. This place knows how to handle a special event and make it seem effortless.

Location of the resort was great. Easy access to many wineries and to activities at the resort. Bike riding was very fun. The golf course looked beautiful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thanks for letting us know about your recent visit to our Resort. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you had when checking in and out. We will make sure to review this process with our Front Desk associates so that the process is seamless for the next time.

I appreciate your very nice comments about our event staff! We feel we have the best event staff in the valley and are so glad you had the chance to experience our team first hand. I will be passing along the kudos to those associates, as they will be thrilled you mentioned them in your review.

In the meantime, we will continue to work hard to improve the areas you noted and I do sincerely hope that you will be a guest of the Resort again the next time your travels bring you to the Napa Valley

Write a ReviewReviews (3,975)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have stayed at Silverado both before and after the change in ownership and management. Before the changes, on our visit in June of 2010, it was ok but the condo accommodations were a little worn and threadbare. The golf courses were pretty much the same. Service was adequate -- no real complaints although sometimes it took awhile to get a response.

On our recent trip we had a great time. Very nice upgraded rooms & condos (make sure you go through Silverado to get the upgraded accommodations) and super service. Both the hotel management (Dolce) and golf management (Troon) are great. Friendly and highly responsive, right down to the smallest detail. The golf course redesign on the North Course is great too.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Be sure to go through Silverado itself to get an upgraded room or condo.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

It is a pleasure to hear from guests that had such a wonderful visit. It sounds as if yours was just that! We are glad you had the chance to stay in one of our newly renovated rooms. While the project isn't quite complete yet, we are happy to hear such great feedback! We hope to welcome you back to the resort soon. Thanks for your review.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Recently visited Silverado during the week of the 4th of July. We were there for 5 nights and it was truly like stepping into another world.

Relaxed in the word I'd associate with Silverado. There's not much one needs to do while there - the staff handles everything with finesse.

The service was spectacular! There was always someone around if anything was needed. Room and turn down service was spot on - never intrusive and were always respectful.

Our room was well appointed, spacious and comfortable. I'm still thinking about the pillows I rested my head on at night. It was long before I was sound asleep! The room was immaculate to boot!

The food was top notch. Be sure to stop by the Grill anytime of day!

Silverado's location is exceptional. It didn't take long to partake in restaurants, wineries or shopping.

Silverado is definitely a home away from home. We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your very nice review. This is the type of review we hope to receive from every guest that walks through our doors. Relaxed is exactly how we hope our visitors feel when staying at the Resort. We will be sure to share your words with our associates. Thanks again and come back soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

During our stay, we had numerous issues with the hotel management, on two occasions our items were removed from our room, without consent. The reason we were given for these mistakes was "human error". When a problem comes up, none of the management will take responsibility for it, and you just get passed onto the next manager/director. The general staff are all very friendly and happy to help, the grounds are beautiful, it's just a shame that the management let's the hotel down severely. To sum up, there are too many managers, and not enough helpful staff, and for this reason i would not return to this resort, or any other Dolce managed hotel.

Room Tip: Use a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank T0pG0lfer

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. I want to start by apologizing to you for the service you recieved while you were here. I can assure you this is not typical of the Resort and I am very disappointed to hear that this was your experience. This type of feedback is something we can use to share with our management and associates to be used as a training exercise. I do appreicate that you brought this to my attention. We sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future as I know we can do a much better job.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have done several trips to Silverado as a great place to relax with our young daughter and enjoy Napa and especially their tennis center. It can be a little tricky picking the right condo from the descriptions on the website and there's a range on the rooms, but we have found it nice and comfortable and a good value for Napa Valley. Really the only knock on the place is that you can wind up with a unit that hasn't been renovated lately. If you are into tennis, it's a fun place to play as Jacob and the pros do a really great job with the clinics and the courts are close to the pool and fitness center.

Room Tip: Check out pictures online to make sure you are getting a unit you'll like
Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay at Silverado Resort. It is great you had a chance to relax with your daughter and enjoy our tennis center. We always receive such rave reviews about our tennis team and will definitely pass along your kind comments to Jacob and his associates. We hope it won't be too long before we see you and your family again!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Silverado in Napa was absolutely outstanding! The grounds and the golf course are memorizing. The food and entertainment were equally amazing! From being at the well appointed and served pool area, to listening to a world class jazz guitarist in the lounge the stay could not have been more enjoyable. Operations manager Matthew Mulkey ensured that we were personally and professionally taken care of as if we were celebrities. His friendly and competent staff produced meal after meal of some of the best good Napa and the world have to offer! He personally made sure that we were giving a free dessert as well as a glass of wine for me and my girl in celebration of a life event that had just occurred for us. I feel as though the Silverado Resort, under its current management can not and will not disappoint! Everything was essentially perfect and the memories of such a magical stay will be in our hearts forever. Thank you to the Silverado and for the hospitality of manager Matthew Mulkey. After complementing him to some other workers, all of whom had his utmost respect, they made me aware that he had written a book about hospitality a few years earlier. I am not at all surprised and the Silverado should feel lucky to have stole him from an equally amazing resort in Colorado. Thank you Matt and the full staff of the Silverado for making absolutely sure that we had a memorable and relaxing stay. All on hand were happy to help us with everything from finding a good bakery in the area to lending us a jacket when it was cooler one night than we had anticipated. I cannot rave about this place enough. Service is long and they clearly understand this. I will no doubt brag about this stay to my family and friends for years to come. Thank you to the Silverado and to manager Matt Mulkey who seemed to make it his personal mission that we would leave looking at our calendar to see when we could make it back ASAP! Mission accomplished sir! Would recommend to any and all even if you don't Golf! The food, service, entertainment and grounds were enough even if it was not a golf resort at all! Thanks again!

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for your very nice review. We are very glad you had such a great experience and hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Resort very soon!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

stayed in the one bedroom suite and had tons of room. Remodeling the bathroom might need to be done but beyond that we had a wonderful stay. The staff are very friendly and helpful and our room was very clean. We loved the beds and pillows; very picky in this area. Price point is a little high but the spa across the street makes it all worthy while:)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. With our newly renovated rooms, come a newly renovated bathroom! We hope you can come back and visit us again to see for yourself. I am sure you will be very pleased.