“Area and service were great”

Silverado Resort and Spa
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Napa
San Diego
“Area and service were great”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Silverado has a wonderful, helpful staff who is always there and ready to help They all get an A+.
For anyone who has difficulty walking and getting around, be sure to either have a way to get around, rent a scooter or have the staff give you rides from building to building. It is way spread out and much too far to walk for for anyone who has difficulty walking. also, all the rooms are individually owned (not by the hotel) and there is only 1 ADA room available.
The food we had for the conference was very good and the food from Room Service was excellent. The food in the restaurant was good also. but I did ordered a steak for dinner one night and it was big enough for 4 - 5 people - way too big for 1 person.
My room on the first floor looked out at a putting green and the starting place for golf carts for a tournament starting. It was surprisingly quiet; not a lot of noise coming into the suite. Everything in the room worked well but the bed was a little hard.
Overall, with the help of a great staff throughout the resort, it was a really good time.

Room Tip: Get a suite and not a room, The rooms are small but the suites are lovely. Also, it you have a har...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AliceSanDiego
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others. Your comments are very important to us as they are helpful in continuing to deliver an excellent experience. We hope to see you back at the Resort soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Korean first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Golf course (North) has been redone and is terrific. the South will be soon. A+ for the Golf Experience. the rooms have not been modernized for years. They are clean and the beds are new and very nice, but the rooms need updating especially the bathroom. Food and service at the resort was very good. Did not use the Spa or Tennis facility but they looked very nice. Overall Very Good.

Room Tip: Golf course location on the 1st hole North Course
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. It sounds as though you had fun on our golf courses. As mentioned in other reviews, we are working very hard at providing our guests with updated rooms and we are sure that once completed, you will have an even better expericence. I do appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We got a very good price for this room. The staff was very friendly showings exactly where our room was. Restaurant on location were very good. Room was very comfortable This location is very close to all the wineries. Wish I could have played have played golf They also have a business center which gives you access to a computer

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. It was nice to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us including our restaurant. We hope you will be back soon so you can take advantage of our golf courses!
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I paid $200 a night for a tiny hotel room on a huge golfing resort. I have stayed in golfing resort hotels before. The rooms are much nicer and a lot bigger than Silverado. My last stay at a golfing resort hotel was at Wyndham Virginia Crossings. I challenge anyone to say that Silverado is a 4 star resort after a stay at the Wyndham Virginia Crossings.

I was at the Silverado with my wife to visit wine country. The porter that checked me in made no excuses for the tiny room. He said and I quote " The room is small but your not going to be in the room anyway" I said where am I going to put all my luggage "I had 5 bags"? He said, "Put them in the closet behind you."
Excuse me but my idea of vacation is not handling bags everyday to find a change of clothes. This left a bad taste in my mouth for my entire stay! The standard room is only 250 square feet. My master bathroom is bigger than this. Wireless internet is included in the room which is nice however you don't get a desk with the standard room so I didn't have a place to setup my laptop. The amenities in the room are just ok. Decent TV but only a few channels. I had to get in my car and drive to the pool (1/4 mile each way) twice a day to get ice to chill wine and water. I was harassed by the pool man only once about how much ice I was getting. I let him know how much I was paying for the Microtel room I was staying at and that he would have to call the Property Manager to keep me from filling up my ice bucket and 12 pack size cooler. He left me alone after that confrontation. I was originally told by the porter to park in the sheltered garage, only to find old ladies banging on my door at 10 p.m. on my last night. Apparently, the 1 bedroom suite room has the garage parking and they had just checked in and were wanting there parking space. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I am not opening my door to anyone at 10 p.m.. I guess that is the arrogance on display at this property. I let the old ladies know I was checking out the next day and would never be back.

I did enjoy the breakfast offered at the Grill. Everyone was very nice, helpful and the food was very good.

Room Tip: Demand a 1 bedroom suite OR do not check in, period!
1 Thank Laylaandlexus
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience here at Silverado Resort. I am very sorry that your visit with us was not what you were expecting. In reading your review it sounds like there were a couple of opportunities we could have made your stay better and we clearly failed in those instances.

As you have probably read in other responses here on Trip Advisor, we are in the middle of a major room renovation here on property. The rooms will not only get an update, but also come complete with a work area for those guests that may want to use a laptop, etc. We also recommend our one-bedroom suites if you are looking for a more spacious getaway as they have a full kitchen, separate living room and bedroom arrangements.

I do appreciate that your comments - good or bad - as they will only help us improve. With that said we hope you will give us another opportunity the next time your travels bring you back to the Napa Valley. Thanks again for your review.
Keller, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Love the rooms, every room is a suite! Sits on a beautiful golf course. My husband really enjoyed playing golf at Silverado. We were there on business and the meeting rooms and restaurant were very nice. Although I didn't personally take advantage of the spa I heard several people say that it was very nice. This is truly a beautiful property and a good value for Napa. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
John E, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. Your kind remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver excellent service. It was great hearing that your husband had an excellent time on the golf course and we hope that some time very soon you will come back and take advantage of our Spa!
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights of Memorial Day Weekend. The room was nice and cozy. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The bathroom was a little small, but it was clean. My parents got a suite as they were staying for over a week. The suite was gorgeous. It had a kitchen, fireplace, balcony, and comfortable living area. The staff was friendly and professional. The breakfast buffet was a little pricey, but it was good.

The fitness center was incredible. It was like a candy store for adults. I thoroughly enjoyed my morning workout before starting our wine tasting. They had so many different types of machines. I made a point to try all of them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We were so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time during your visit to the Napa Valley. It was great to read that you not only enjoyed your room, but that you had the chance to take advantage of our fitness center. Our fitness center was recently renovated, complete with new equipment. I am glad that you enjoyed it. We will look forward to serving you in the near future!
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I had a very relaxing time. We took advantage of the spa, which was clean, well managed, and seemed very private. We took a couple of day trips, and the location was ideal for this purpose. The staff was very friendly and professional. I did not get to use the golf course, but it looked very well staffed and manicured. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the clubhouse, as it was a bit noisy at night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback on your visit to the Silverado Resort and Spa. I was pleased you found the time to enjoy our spa. What a great way to relax! We will make sure to share your review with the Spa staff. We will look forward to seeing you again at the Resort and hopefully the next time you are here you will have a chance to check out our golf courses. Thanks again for your review!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#6 of 6 in Yountville
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa

Been to Silverado Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!