“Great stay at Silverado”

Silverado Resort and Spa
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great stay at Silverado”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Highly recommend Silverado for golf and closely located by the wine country. The golf staff was very accommodating and friendly. Most of the employees of Silverado seemed to enjoy their job putting a pleasant spin in our stay. The Grill restaurant food was excellent. Plenty of TVs in the Grill restaurant to watch World Series. Golf course was challenging. Slope 133.

Room Tip: Book in advance for adequate room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LegendaryNapa, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with my staff. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

John Evans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Korean first
Laguna Hills, CA
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Most of the rooms are owned by condo owners and away from the main clubhouse. Our first room had no windows and a queen bed that took up 90% of the room. I insisted on a change and got a bigger room with a king with a small patio enclosed by a 6 foot tall wooden fence. The view would have been of the parking lot.The carpets are worn and the tub drain was clogged when we arrived. Food is excellent and the north golf course is well maintained and challenging. There are a couple of pools but only one Jacuzzi at the main pool three blocks from our room. The reservations desk has an outdated computer system. Not the same resort I stayed at 15 years ago!!

Room Tip: Insist on a room across from the golf pro shop.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WildcatDad
I appreciate your time in giving us your feedback about your recent stay with us. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience and the North Course while you were here, but I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations when it came to your accomodations.

We are working very hard with regard to updating all of our rooms here at the Resort. We want our guests to thoroughly enjoy their stay from beginning to end and I do know that you will be pleased to see what the rooms will look like after the renovations.

Thanks for your review and I do hope that you will give us another opportunity when your travels bring you back to the Napa Valley.

Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have been visiting the Silverado Resort for the past 10 years. I have relatives in the area so I visit during all the different seasons of the Valley. I have seen incredible improvements to the Resort since the new ownership. The Grill has a vibrant, family friendly staff. They have taken great care of me and my extended family during each visit.

I am not a typical review writter but my visit last week to the Grill made such a great impression I felt everyone should here about it. The staff and manager at the Grill know my mother, who is a member and recently lost her husband and suffers from mild dementia. My mother likes to go to the grill on a regular basis. But apparently my mother was at the Grill a couple weeks ago and the Manager of the Grill felt my mother couldn't get home safely after dark so he personnally escorted her back home and made sure she was safely inside her home. I can't begin to tell you how important it is to know that the resort is like an extended family even if you are a short term visitor.

I must admit the resort needed new ownership. With this new ownership I have seen great care taken in making everyone feel special, the grounds are gorgeous, Spa is to die for and the Grill has a great atmosphere. I have seen new life injected into the resort and it shows because I have had a hard time booking a room! I live in Seattle and always look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for VIP units.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
When we talk with our associates about exceeding our guest's expectations, it is these types of experiences that we want guests to leave with. I am so pleased to hear that our Grill manager went above and beyond for your mother and that we were able to leave such a great impression. You comments were shared with our staff and you can be sure that we will continue to give you and your family these types of experiences each and every time you visit.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

California
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We arrived in at the Silverado Resort about an hour before check-in. Our room was not ready so we headed over to the Spa/Fitness center for a quick workout. The Fitness center was clean (didn't smell of sweat), had updated equipment, modern fitness tools, and a nice floor plan. The changing rooms for the females were spacious, clean, and had a nice calming feel to it. The Spa staff was very nice and friendly. They held our bags at the front desk since we didn't have lockers (for spa services only).
The pool near the spa is perfect. It's considered the "quiet pool". We did check out the main pool and it had loud music, tons of people, and kids running around. Great if you have kids, but we were there to relax, and we didn't want the noise. They do charge for the pool use near the spa if you don't have a service or spa pass. It is worth the $ though!

After an hour passed, I called the front desk and said they still didn't have our room ready but it should be in an hour and they would call us. We left the resort to explore and after two hours I call and they told us our room was ready. When we arrived they explained that the guest in our room did not want to leave so they have upgraded us to a Jr. Suite.

The room was great - a lot of space, upgrade decor, kitchen, spacious bedroom/bathing area.

We ate dinner off on of the holes of the course and it was very good. Menu wasn't huge, but well though out. The view of the green was great.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms away from the pool areas :) - don't worry about how far away it is, the resort...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Agga11
LegendaryNapa, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
I was very happy to read your review and your kind words about your recent stay with us. While we certainly welcome all feedback, good and bad, it is always great to hear from those guest that had an excellent time away. We are dellighted you had the opportunity to take advantage of our beautiful Spa and it sounds like you had a very relaxing stay.

I do apologize, however, that your room was not ready on time and we will look to improve that for you when you return to visit us again.

Thank you for your feedback.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Silverado is an executive conference retreat first and foremost. Secondly, it serves a resident community. It serves both of these groups well.
It is not a good choice for a couple retreat , unless golf is your major priority.
After reading reviews I was almost afraid to go to this legendary Napa Valley destination. It was not as bad as the reviews and in fact serves well as a destination for a small executive retreat, which was the purpose of my visit. The facilities for a small conference are excellent and the food and staff very good.
Accommodations are all over the place, literally. I was in what has to be the maid's bedroom in a resident house. Having said that it was clean and okay for the time spent.
The spa is great and the golf is right there on a well maintained course.

Room Tip: Be careful with rooms. 800 rooms,about a quarter redone, but the level of accommodation varies great...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
LegendaryNapa, General Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments with us about your recent stay. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your small conference along with the food that was provided. Most importantly we were glad you had a pleasant experience with our associates.

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Saratoga, California
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I recently stayed at Silverado Resort and couldn't believe how outdated the 1 bedroom suite was considering we spent just under $400. The carpeting, bedding and furniture had a musty smell and looked so old. The one bedroom suite was spacious, but was surprised there wasn't even a TV in the living room. The bathroom was tiny, but there was a nice vanity are outside the bathroom.

Service was just OK. When we checked out, the valet asked for my car keys since I ran into the lobby and left the car out front. When we came out literally 5 minutes later, the valet had disappeared and left my car unlocked and unattended and no key for me to drive away. We had to find a supervisor who finally located my car keys.

Overall, the property is beautiful, but not worth the price for what you get.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for sharing your comments regaring your recent visit with us. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our surroundings, but was it was disappointing to hear that your stay was anything but exceptional.

As we have mentioned here in our responses, we are doing our very best to update all of our rooms here on property. Within those renovations will come all new carpeting and furniture, and of course a television in the living room.

I have showed your review to our Guest Service Manager who will go over the feedback you left about our valet and we will work to improve that situation to ensure it will not happen again.

I do hope that once our room renovations are complete, that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves when your travels bring you back to the Napa Valley.

Boston, MA
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The resort is beautiful. Situated on a golf course with multiple buildings including a restaurant and spa. Our "rooms" turned out to be apartments with full kitchen, living room, one bed and bath. The bed was very comfortable so I had a great night's sleep. We ate breakfast in the on-site restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed our choices off the extensive menu. In the evening we enjoyed a beautiful outdoor meal followed by drinks by the fire in the bar .
The setting is Napa. What else can you say but that the scenery is gorgeous. Hot air balloons in the sky, grapes on the vine.
I plan to return if I get the chance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your kind words about your recent stay with us. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your room, the scenery and had a great night's sleep! This is the type of experience I love to hear about and we are happy you took the time to let us know.

We will look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort soon!

John Evans
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#6 of 6 in Yountville
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa

Been to Silverado Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!