“Really disappointing with air conditioning which constantly malfunctioned.”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Silverado Resort and Spa
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Napa
“Really disappointing with air conditioning which constantly malfunctioned.”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This did not feel like the Napa luxury resort. Aid conditioning never worked. Rooms a real hike to main area. Wine selection at bar inadequate. Disinterested staff confirmed I will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank rickybob
LegendaryNapa, Service Ambassador at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Thanks for you comments with regard to your recent stay. We are sorry you did not have the experience you were hoping for. I can understand how disappointed you must have been with the air conditioning and have forwarded your review on to our Director of Engineering for follow up. It would really help us out if you could let us know the unit you stayed in so we could go and take a look at the problem. If you would like to send me an email directly at erika.opp@silveradoresort.com, I would love to help.

In the meantime, we do sincerely hope that the next time you visit the Napa Valley you will stay with us again. Thank you again for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Korean first
Orlando
Reviewed February 10, 2012

The rooms, built n the 70's, definitely need updating. They are actually condos which makes it hard to do, but for the price, it wasn't bad. Next time, I'd probably stay down at the Westin, which is a more central location.

Room Tip: Closer to the mansion, will avoid extensive walking
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay at Silverado. We are always thrilled to hear good comments about our staff as we take great pride in our service levels here at the Resort. As you mentioned the rooms being a bit "tired" I would like to let you know that we will be renovating our guest rooms this year and we are very excited about the end result....one we know all of our guests will love.

Thanks again for the comments and we do hope to see you back at Silverado Resort and Spa in the future.
Redding, California, United States
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Very impressive resort with great accomadations, unfortunately customer service is not a priority. We were so excited to find this place until the pro shop and bar made us feel unwelcome. Not so sure we will give them a second chance.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bobbi L
Thanks for taking the time to review Silverado Resort and Spa. While we were happy to hear you enjoyed your rooms, we were very disappointed to hear about what you thought of our staff. Service is something we take very seriously here and I am so sorry that you felt as though you were unwelcome in our bar and Pro Shop. That is certainly not the level of service we are used to giving to our guests here. Your review has be forwarded onto our Food & Beverage Manager as well as to our Director of Golf Operations. I can assure you, we do not take this lightly and will make sure that these areas are followed up on promptly.

Again, thank you for your review and we do hope that when you visit the Napa Valley again, you will return to Silverado.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I just returned from California last week (Jan 14th, 2012) and for 2 nights myself and my partner stayed at the Silverado Resort in Napa. We rented a one bedroom suite with a view of the golf course. The room was clean and wonderfully decorated. The kitchen was well equipped, enough so I could make a full pasta meal for Sunday dinner. The resort is well located and not far from all the best wineries. And the staff couldn't have been friendlier and more accommodating. The food at the grill was great. And even though we didn't have a reservation staff moved around furniture to give us a table with a view of the football game for my boyfriend lol. It was a very classy resort with a warm and cozy feeling. I would definitely stay there again on my next trip. Worth the price.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for an updated room as I have been told some are outdated and not as nice. This wa...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NovaScotiaNancy
Chico, California, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2012

This place was recommended to me by a friend and I was not disappointed. It is probably one of the nicest hotels in Napa. The rooms are clean and the main house is beautiful! This is my first ever review here on Trip Advisor and the reason I decided to write one for this place is because of their excellent service. When we got there, we wanted to watch a boxing fight on pay-per-view but couldn't find it on the menu. The hotel was kind enough to send an engineer to our room to have it checked out.

After checking out, I realized that I forgot my coat in our room. I called the hotel a few days after and they found my coat! I asked them if they can ship it to me and I would pay for the shipping costs. They willingly agreed to send it to me and pay for shipping! Now that's what I call service!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Overall very nice ! Glad we were not there for golf cause the weather was not good! Good value as 2 couples stayed in the 2 bedroom fireplace suite and we were very pleased!

• Stayed January 2012
New Zealand
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We got this place off trip advisor and it was so worth the visit! Stunning grounds and fabulous room which included a small fireplace. The rooms were huge with a massive comfortable bed. Make sure you have a sober driver though as it is a bit of a hike to various locations but very much worth it! I would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
#4 of 30 in Napa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#5 of 6 in Yountville
No photo provided

Been to Silverado Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!