“I liked it.”

Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Stuttgart, Germany
“I liked it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I booked this through Priceline's Name your own Price, so when I learned the name of the hotel, and read the reviews on here, I was more than a bit sceptic. However, I didn't have any trouble with this place, it doesn't bother me that I have no front door, only a sliding door. The internet was fine, the grounds are so pretty and well kept. Staff members were nice and helpful, except for the young ones at the pool, for which it was clearly just a summer job.
We requested a two bed room, which we got. We actually requested to stay another night, but they said they were fully booked for the next night, due to some conference that took place.
We ordered room service: It took very long to be delivered, more than an hour, and I can't say it was particularly good, will probably not do it again. I didn't try the spa, which seemed a little expensive. The swimming pool was fine, as I was one of very few at 18:00 and again at 9:00 to make use of it.
Inside the rooms, the carpet wasn't filthy, the bedding was fine, the amenities were very nice. Yes, you have to park your car a little way off, but it's not that far, especially if you're only staying one or two nights. They have golf carts to help you, should you need it.

I would rate the experience as 3.5 stars and would stay there again.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Korean first
Denver, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

My daughter and I stayed for four days at the Silverado Resort and Spa and found it to be a place we would recommend to others and return to. The staff were very accomodating and friendly and the food delicious. After asking for a room with two beds instead of one, they attempted to put us into probably the worst room in the complex. But when we said it wasn't acceptable, they upgraded us to a suite, and we were extremely comfortable and appreciated their efforts to give us what we needed. We will go back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

Recently completed a trip to Napa and stayed at this place. Clearly Napa has limited hotel resources which allows this place to masquerade as a four star hotel. In fact, the basic rooms are more like cheap jersey shore motel rooms, replete with monster spiders, mosquitoes and poorly placed and flat out ugly furnishings. I shuddered to allow my infant to sleep in this room. It;s clear that many folks despise this place as evidenced by the "fee" imposed if you leave early. Demonstrably, folks likely see their rooms and just leave. Having said all that, and make no mistake, the rooms here are gross, the location is great, right near downtown Napa and not far from HWy 29 with all the major Napa wineries. I would never stay there again, and I pricelined it for $150 a night plus their "resort fee" which is ridiculous. Better to just suck it up and pay through the nose to stay in one of the real 4 stars in Napa. Next time, I'll stay in one of the boutique places in downtown Napa. The Silverado is a dump, period.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank ROCKintheUSA
StarExperience, Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Silverado Resort and Spa. It is always our policy to exceed our guest’s expectations and we were disappointed to hear yours were not met, particularly in regard to your room.
We are happy to advise you that we are planning a multi-million dollar room renovation to begin at the end of the year. We know that all of our guests will be very pleased with the end product. Also, be on the lookout for several other enhancements that will brighten guests visits.
Again, we thank you for your valuable feedback and sincerely hope to see you back at Silverado Resort.
utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

The place is "tired." And the service was fairly non-existent. The concierge was given 2+ weeks to set up wine tours. When we arrived, we still had no itinerary. And the concierge was gone for the day. Their excuse: "we used to have 9 on the concierge staff; now we have 2." Restaurant staff was polite but unequal. We had prompt breakfast service but slow dinner service. When we pulled into the drive, we were directed to park nearby, check in, and then they would help us to the room. Upon check in, no help was to be found with our luggage. Just a guy with a map who pointed us in the right direction... FInally, the laundry facility had a sign that read, "detergent can be purchased in sundries shop." So my husband left for the morning, I go to pick up detergent and there is NO detergent. (The day before they were also out of advil.) So off to Napa to find a walmart for laundry soap. (I normally wouldn't do laundry on vacation but we continue to half moon bay after this weekend.)

Highlight of the trip was my time at the spa. Jennifer did a great facial and had great recommendations around town.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback with regard to your recent stay at the Resort. We are disappointed that you did not have the quality experience that Silverado Resort and Spa has built its reputation on. I have reviewed your comments and will share them with our management staff promptly. We do have a number of beautiful rooms on property that are current and modern. Our one bedroom suites for example, include a spacious living room, full kitchen and separate bedroom area. I do apologize that your particular room was not what you had hoped it would be. I will personally be looking into the issues that did not exceed your expectations.
Again, thank you for taking the time out to review the Resort. It is with feedback such as yours that we hope to continually gain insight on what we can do to make this Resort the very best it can be.
Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

If you want to stay in a room with no central air,filthy carpet and extremely noisy this is the place for you. I have traveled all over and would never recommend this place to anyone. Not even close to a four star resort. Horrible experience! :(

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank housecalls
StarExperience, Manager at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2011
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

Resort was pretty, kind of outdated, but clean and nice. My husband was annoyed with the young kids in the cart area and golf shop as they seemed to be having their private conversations and not really concerned about the customer. Been golfing here for years, and now it's suddenly private?????????Wth? Thank goodness for George in the golf shop, who goes out of his way to make sure every customer is well taken care of when staying there and playing golf. Glad he is there to take care of us every year!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

Some of the earlier negative reviews had made me a little nervous, but our experience at the Silverado was great and I would stay here again. From the moment George the bell cap rescued our jet-lagged behinds at check-in until the moment we left the facility we were very happy. We had a one bedroom with full kitchen and a little fireplace (#480). This unit appeared to have been redone as most everything seemed updated (e.g., flat screens). However these are still older facilities and will never pass for a new build. We found the grounds lovely and well maintained but, yes, you might get leaf blowers early in the morning - the price of being ground floor. We ate in both the restaurants and found them very good. Sami, especially, in the Oak made our anniversary very special. Neither restaurant is cheap, but having a full kitchen expands one's options. Our small patio hosted many happy hours with cheese, crackers, and bread from local markets - and you will be buying wine from most of your tastings. It was just a great time. Shout outs to George and Sami, but really the entire staff was incredible.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Grimhand
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
The Westin Verasa Napa
Hotel Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#1 of 6 in Yountville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,024 reviews

Been to Silverado Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!