Silverado Resort and Spa
River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel(Napa)(Great Value!)
$265
$259
The Westin Verasa Napa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$301
$260
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Napa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$175
$744
$650
Hotel Napa Valley(Napa)(Great Value!)
$279
$271
$264
$249
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
SpringHill Suites Napa Valley(Napa)(Great Value!)
$196
$389
Hotwire.com
$289
4,179 results
All reviewsgolf coursethe grilltennis courtsplay golfdriving rangemain buildingbeautiful groundsbedroom suitenapa valleyfull kitchennice propertyfitness centerthe cottageswine tastingwine countrycondogolfers
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We were looking for a place to stay with our two teens traveling with us to Napa Valley so we needed two rooms. I had a hard time finding accommodations with 2 double or Queens in a room and I eventually booked the Silverado although we still ended up with two king bedrooms. This was economically a good place for us, we had plenty of room here, but if I were not with my teens, I would not have liked it. Here's my issue, this place is not so much as a 'resort' as it is an old condominium complex. 'Guest services' is merely rental management. Our rooms were decorated in outdated extremely cheap 'rental unit' stuff, with old icky carpet. It suited our purpose this trip, but when I go back to Napa, it will be sans kids and I'll stay someplace else.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 25, 2011

To get to our room we had to leave the resort, drive half a mile down the road, just to reach a small crowded room. The air conditioner had a sign next to it saying it could not go below 72 degrees. In addition, upon checking out, the receptionist asked if it was ok to put all charges on my credit card which I left for incidentals. We had not charged anything to the room, so upon further inquiry they said it was for a $20 resort fee per day which was not mentioned when booking or when checking in! Thankfully I asked what charges I was supposed to pay, and they removed it but felt like they were trying to cheat me into paying an additional $20.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel
2  Thank alex888999
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Spent three nights here. Our room was nice (kinda dated) but was clean and well kept. The room had an AC unit mounted in the wall that was rather loud and had to basically run 24 hours to keep it cool. The noise was a major distraction for my wife but not so much for me.
The Grill had some very good food and was a nice looking room. The tuna tartar appitizer was one of the best things I have tasted in a long time.
We played a round of golf on the North course and found it to be a rather challenging track for a resort. It was in very nice condition but they were having some sort of tournament there there starting two days later so I am sure they were keepping after the upkeep.
Other than the front desk clerk when we checked in (who was pleasant but seemed somewhat clueless) the staff we interacted with were all professional, polite and tried to make sure everything was right for us.
Over all it was a pleasant stay but the facility is showing some signs of age particularly in the guest room areas.

1  Thank scotchandice
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Where do I start with this place?! The Silverado Resort has a very long and illustrious history, dating back to 1870. It's set on 1,200 gorgeous acres which today includes golf courses, multiple tennis courses, swimming pools and a lot of bungalows. Matter of fact, the 80's TV show Falcon Crest was shot here. Unfortunately, not much has changed since then. The grounds are gorgeous, no doubt about it. And the suites very large, yet the design is a bit 50's dated. It would not take much to turn this whole property into a grand hotel … but a renovation is definitely due. Don't take me wrong though, it's not shabby … just dated in style.

However, there is no excuse for the terrible internet connection they have here. We had to move rooms for our internet barely worked. Unfortunately, that didn't really help. Given that the wifi system is outsourced to Nomadix (I’ve had problems with them in other resorts as well), the hotel was really unable to help. And when they forwarded you to the service provider you got asked stupid questions such as 'do you have 4 bars on your wifi signal?', or even worse 'sir, have you tried restarting your computer?!'

Compounding the problem, the AT&T 3G connection here is also disastrous! Barely worked and could barely catch a signal. So if you need to stay connected, I would consider twice before staying here!

Room Tip: second floor room with private balcony
1  Thank bojantercon
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The hotel was fantastic. Upgraded our room to a junior suite in honor of our 35th anniversary and sent us a bottle of champaign. Very quiet. Spa services were excellent. Off the beaten path but still convenient to both Sonoma and Napa Valley. We definitely recommend this hotel and will be coming back.