“Great food and fantastic service!”

The Q Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Q Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 283 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Trancas
Description: The Q Restaurant & Bar is a new casual restaurant serving a well rounded selection of American fare, featuring Memphis style barbeque. We celebrate Barbeque as part of our American Heritage along with Fresh Fish, Grass-Fed Beef and Whole Roasted Vinegar Chicken and on Sunday's our famous Fried Chicken Day. We provide the distinctive choice of dining in modern surroundings while enjoying classic American dishes inspired by a devotion to quality and value. Our sourcing is focused on local, sustainable and organic product from the Napa Valley and the bounty of California. The space is young and fresh featuring black and white photography: 'The People and Places of Napa', beautiful oak details, excellent acoustics and an inviting marble bar. Timeless design by Stephen Brady evokes a social evening at home. Warm and attentive service accompany music with spirit and soul while you enjoy American Heritage cooking. Outdoor dining is available on our patio.
Tehachapi, California
“Great food and fantastic service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Well, we lived in the south for a while and my hopes weren't high for California BBQ. I was wrong! BarBersQ is now one of our favorite restaurants!

My wife and I decided to try someplace new rather than the "usual" downtown Napa restaurants (not that there's anything wrong with them!) Anyway, I saw that BarBersQ had open reservations and figured "why not?" We got there and were instantly and cheerfully greeted by the staff and from that moment on, we knew the staff were a step above your usual waitstaff. They were not only good at their jobs, but comfortable and personable as well. Perfect.

We were seated outside as the weather was perfect for outside dining (of course). I was impressed by their wine list (they don't have room to have a 10,000 bottle cellar, but it was still good!) and the wine prices both bottle and glass were very reasonable, on the low-end for what one typically finds in most "wine country" restaurants.

We had their deviled eggs for a starter and they were terrific. Good enough where my wife came close to eating mine! (And no, she typically leaves a few of whatever-she-has so I can finish it off...not this time!) For the entree, we had the Q for Two, and that was excellent. Though I've eaten award winning BBQ before, I'm not a judge, but I can say that their pulled pork was the best I've ever had. Hands down. The ribs were definitely smoked, you could taste the smokey flavor. Not fall-off-the-bone, but the flavor was great. The chicken too was smoked and quite tender. The brisket fell apart...texture wise it was fantastic, but it needed some sauce to add flavor (my wife didn't agree, but hey...) The sausage was really, really good as well. Did I mention the pulled pork was fantastic?

We were stuffed after that and didn't have a chance to get dessert, but they had some nice looking ones.

As far as clientele, the entire gamut was represented, from young kids to mature adults. And a dog (they did dine outside, I don't know if you can bring dogs in, but anyway...) Dress code was "anything"...I saw t-shirts and shorts to khakis and sportshirts. I'm sure more than a few suits have been in there before, but you can be comfortable wearing anything, to be sure.

Overall, our experience was terrific and my wife said on multiple occasions that we have to come back frequently. I have no problem with that and will happily recommend BarBersQ to friends and family! This is going to be a new staple for us! Thanks for the great meal and fantastic service!

• Visited October 2012

Titusville, New Jersey
“Great BBQ Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Right in the Target shopping center in Napa, great food, good wine selection (obviously) and nice ambiance.

Visited July 2012
Walnut Creek, California
“Out of the way but worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by a waiter in another restaurant and once we checked it out we knew we had a fabulous alternative to all of those Napa Hwy 29 hot spots that are booked for last minute dining! Great food incl pulled sandwiches, grilled veggie dishes, wonderful appetizers like the squash blossoms and Rancho Gordo baked beans. Love their wine list for Chards! In a Whole Foods shopping center near TJ's too for last minute shopping on the way home. Love this place!!!

• Visited August 2012
KTCL
“A Different Kind of BBQ Joint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

For an ol’ boy from Alabama I didn’t really think I’d find “real” BBQ in California, but decided to give BarBerQ a try anyway. I wasn’t wrong about the BBQ. I doubt if they have a “pit” anywhere on the premises. HOWEVER, that said, I was very favorably impressed with the menu selection including several local “Chef’s Specials” and an excellent wine list. I know BBQ and wine don’t usually mix, but it’s Napa after all. The Wedge Salad was terrific!! The staff was friendly and prompt. I visited on a Thursday night and after 6:00PM you’d need a reservation. The outdoor seating area is nice, but it was too hot to seat there when I visited. A little tricky to find, buried as it is in a shopping center, but keep looking and you won’t be sorry.

• Visited August 2012
Napa
“Terrific meats, salads, wines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

This place is a gem in Napa. It is located in Bel Aire Plaza, and it offers exceptional food, a great wine list, and really good service. From the moment we walked in the door, we were treated very well. It was a warmish summer night, but we opted to sit indoors. The atmosphere is lively and friendly and the surroundings are comforting and welcome, though also sleek and well designed. We had the lamb burger special from Somerston, and we both tried their wines - the Grenache and the Petit Syrah. I had the burger - just delicious and exactly what I wanted. My husband had the lamb burger - also great - with surprising eggplant fries. We also shared the butter lettuce salad. The winemaker from Somerston was there, and he treated us to a taste of their port. It was a lovely meal, and I know we will be back. This place is really worth seeking out - you will be glad that you did.

• Visited July 2012