“Out of the way but worth it!”

The Q Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Q Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 310 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Trancas
Description: The Q Restaurant & Bar is a new casual restaurant serving a well rounded selection of American fare, featuring Memphis style barbeque. We celebrate Barbeque as part of our American Heritage along with Fresh Fish, Grass-Fed Beef and Whole Roasted Vinegar Chicken and on Sunday's our famous Fried Chicken Day. We provide the distinctive choice of dining in modern surroundings while enjoying classic American dishes inspired by a devotion to quality and value. Our sourcing is focused on local, sustainable and organic product from the Napa Valley and the bounty of California. The space is young and fresh featuring black and white photography: 'The People and Places of Napa', beautiful oak details, excellent acoustics and an inviting marble bar. Timeless design by Stephen Brady evokes a social evening at home. Warm and attentive service accompany music with spirit and soul while you enjoy American Heritage cooking. Outdoor dining is available on our patio.
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by a waiter in another restaurant and once we checked it out we knew we had a fabulous alternative to all of those Napa Hwy 29 hot spots that are booked for last minute dining! Great food incl pulled sandwiches, grilled veggie dishes, wonderful appetizers like the squash blossoms and Rancho Gordo baked beans. Love their wine list for Chards! In a Whole Foods shopping center near TJ's too for last minute shopping on the way home. Love this place!!!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

For an ol’ boy from Alabama I didn’t really think I’d find “real” BBQ in California, but decided to give BarBerQ a try anyway. I wasn’t wrong about the BBQ. I doubt if they have a “pit” anywhere on the premises. HOWEVER, that said, I was very favorably impressed with the menu selection including several local “Chef’s Specials” and an excellent wine list. I know BBQ and wine don’t usually mix, but it’s Napa after all. The Wedge Salad was terrific!! The staff was friendly and prompt. I visited on a Thursday night and after 6:00PM you’d need a reservation. The outdoor seating area is nice, but it was too hot to seat there when I visited. A little tricky to find, buried as it is in a shopping center, but keep looking and you won’t be sorry.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This place is a gem in Napa. It is located in Bel Aire Plaza, and it offers exceptional food, a great wine list, and really good service. From the moment we walked in the door, we were treated very well. It was a warmish summer night, but we opted to sit indoors. The atmosphere is lively and friendly and the surroundings are comforting and welcome, though also sleek and well designed. We had the lamb burger special from Somerston, and we both tried their wines - the Grenache and the Petit Syrah. I had the burger - just delicious and exactly what I wanted. My husband had the lamb burger - also great - with surprising eggplant fries. We also shared the butter lettuce salad. The winemaker from Somerston was there, and he treated us to a taste of their port. It was a lovely meal, and I know we will be back. This place is really worth seeking out - you will be glad that you did.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

BarBersQ is located in a strip shopping center anchored by Target. But it has excellent Tennessee barbecue, and if you eat outdoors you will have a good experience-the outdoor dining area is surrounded by hedges, so that you will not have the sense of being in a parking lot. The baby back ribs and chocolate pecan pie are particularly worthy of praise. Service was very good.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

We have been here more than a dozen times. The draw for us has been the location, the efficient service and the above average food. This trip ticked two of the three boxes.

I often get the brisket sandwich and it has always, always been a great choice. This up until this trip. They apparently changed the sourcing of their brisket to Five Dot Ranch. The waiter was Very excited about the change. To be honest, it was a let down for us and for the friends that we took. We had built up the brisket and then boom. The brisket was fatty and almost mushy. The former brisket was lean and meaty.

I would still recommend visiting BarBersQ, but I would hope that someone there will read this and investigate the meat source.