“Great oysters, cold beer and friendly service - a winning recipe!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hog Island Oyster Company

Hog Island Oyster Company
Ranked #1 of 282 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Open Daily 11:30am - 8:00pm Happy Hours Tues+Wed: 5:00pm - 7:00pm. We will be closing early, 5 PM, on Dec. 24. Last seating at 3:30 PM. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Days.
Brisbane, Australia
“Great oysters, cold beer and friendly service - a winning recipe!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I visited Oxbow Public Market on a recent trip from Australia on our way through to Yountville. We ordered an oyster bar mix, a Po'Boy and a steamer. I found the oysters to be wonderfully fresh and tasty and paired up with a great cold beer, we were very happy indeed. We were thrilled when the staff took some time out to talk to us about the different types of oysters we were sampling. My husband enjoyed the steamer so much we had to go to the bar at the Ferry Building Marketplace in San Francisco later in the trip so he could have another one!

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Carnelian Bay, Ca
“Freshest of oysters, at a price........”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Generally, we consider oysters over $2.50-3.00 apiece overpriced, but we give Hog Island a pass since they grow them, so how much fresher can they get? Even the "imported" Atlantic oysters zing freshness. Half shells average $3.30 each, but worth it.

Must say, I was disappointed with the oyster po'boy...oysters were very small, mostly breading, and not well seasoned, on a nondescript roll. Got the lemon aioli slaw since the husband doesn't eat bacon, and it did not deliver a punch. Had to ask for lemon wedge to zip it up. Served with some pickled type veggies, not worth the $13 tag.

Penang Island, Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the Best Meals Ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

My Husband and I were visiting his sister and her family at San Francisco last week. My brother in law was kind enough to drive us on a sunday to visit the vineyards at Napa Valley. They took us for lunch at the Hog Island Oyster Company at the Oxbow Public Market.We ate the clam chowder, grilled cheese sandwich, Oyster Po Boy (its a beer battered oyster sandwich) and jalapeño neck clams. Everything was so yummy!! My husband and i were traveling from Malaysia to Toronto, Kansas and Phoenix with San Francisco as our last stop. We tried all kinds of food in all these different places. I have to say that this meal was one of the best that we ate in this trip. Definitely worth to give this place a try. A little pricey but worth every penny if you appreciate good food. I have to thank my sister in law for introducing us to this restaurant. Wish they had something similar in Malaysia.

1 Thank Rema G
“Amazing place to stop.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We came here on a trip hosted by a winery. The staff was very informative about all the oysters. It was delicious and interesting. The grounds are a fun place to sit and enjoy some food.

• Visited March 2013
Sonoma, CA
“Best Oysters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Been in wine country for 14 years and this is a go-to spot of you love oysters. I wish I could sample other items on the menu, because we sit at the bar and watch them being made, and they all look excellent. However I cannot bring myself to order anything beyond the Po' Boy with bacon remoulade, because it is the best sandwich ever. Their pickles are also really great and they offer extra sides for next to nothing. Fresh oysters, cold beer, great pickles. How could you go wrong? Also, parking can at times be difficult in downtown Napa, but this location (Oxbow Market) has plenty, since it shares a lot with the now closed COPIA center. Check out some of the other highlights of Oxbow, including the cream puffs at Ca Momi and anything from the Fatted Calf.