We stayed here over Memorial day weekend and had an absolutely lovely time. We were a group of 8 and had three suites booked. Upon arrival, we were told by the lady who checked us in- Alyssia- that only one room was ready as two of their cleaning crew had called in sick. She was extremely apologetic and offered us free drinks at the bar while we waited. We relaxed in the comfortable lounge while sipping on our cool beers/wine/juices. An hour later, a second room was ready and another hour went by before we got into the third suite. This was a bit inconvenient since we were traveling with my elderly parents, and our two kids- our 5 year old and 19 month old. When I asked her how we would be compensated, Alyssia apologized again and offered to speak with the manager herself- she called back within the hour to let us know they were reducing our room rate by $25 per room for both nights of our stay. All in all, we were very pleased with the way she handled the situation. Alyssia (and Marianna) are among the nicest hotel staff members I've come across and I say this having stayed at some of the best hotels in the world including the Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton.
From here on, the rest of the trip went like clockwork. The property opened in January and as such, everything looks/smells brand new (including the paint in the stairwells.) The suites were extremely comfortable with all the amenities we could ask for- flat panel tvs, a separate sitting area with a desk, sofa/pullout bed and a microwave/fridge/sink. The staff was wonderful and went out of their way to help. Everyone here is ready with a smile- If I would call with a question about a local restaurant or attraction, the front desk person would immediately ask if I'd like literature sent up to the room or directions printed out.
Their breakfast is plentiful and goes way beyond the usual "continental" fare that's offered- it includes coffee, tea, juices, hot items such as scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal and make it yourself waffles, an assortment of breads/muffins, yogurts, cereals, and even boxes of my son's favorite vanilla soymilk.
There are some fantastic restaurants in downtown Napa- Zuzu's is a great mediterranean tapas bar, Ubuntu is famous nationwide for its vegetarian fare. We also ate at Bottega's in Yountville on the way to Calistoga and the food/ambience there was to die for. For the kids, there is a cute place in Sonoma called Traintown with a steam train and other rides. We also did a little bike ride on the Napa River trail which was fun with our 5 year old.
On our last day, I requested a late check out since checkout time was noon and we wanted to try out the pool. I was first told we would get an extension until 1:00 p.m. and when I informed them of our delayed checkin experience, they offered to let us stay till 2:30. The heated pool was terrific and the kids had an awesome time splashing about. We didn't try the hot tub since it was a really warm day but it looked inviting. At 2:30, we were still packing, and Alyssia called to let us know we could have another half an hour. All in all, we had an amazing experience at the hotel and only have good things to say about it. The only (extremely minor!) downside is that it is about 5 miles from downtown Napa, so as a previous reviewer mentioned, a car is definitely required to get around. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SpringHill Suites Napa Valley is located 6 miles from the Napa Valley Wine Train and offers spacious studio suites with free Wi-Fi. The hotel has a heated outdoor pool and hot tub. Studio suites feature 40-inch flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and desks. They also provide a seating area with a sofa bed. Microwaves and refrigerators are also included. Napa Valley SpringHill Suites offers guests a complimentary breakfast buffet, and a 24-hour market and a bar. The hotel also has a gym. Guests have access to a complimentary business center when the need for work arises. Conference space including meeting rooms and a Chardonnay Ball Room is available to rent. A tent nestled amongst luscious landscaped gardens is available for rent with the option to have any event catered to your liking. SpringHill Suites is 4 miles from downtown Napa and 6 miles from Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. It is also 12 miles from Jelly Belly Candy Company Tours which is a family friendly favorite. Here at the Springhill Suites Napa Valley guest satisfaction is our number one priority. Please let us know if we may be of any assistance, and we hope to see you very soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites Napa Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Napa Valley Hotel Napa
- SpringHill Suites Napa Valley CA