We just returned from a five night stay at the Spring Hill Suites. As other reviewers have mentioned, Spring Hill Suites is outside the town of Napa. While that is indeed true, there are few accommodations that are actually within the town of Napa. We were looking to get the most for our money, and that is exactly what we got. The location was actually convenient if you plan on visiting wineries in Sonoma and the towns north of there. Only two roads take you east or west over the mountains. This hotel is very close to the southern route, and will save you time if you plan on visiting many of the delightful wineries on the west side. Traffic noise from the highway is a slight issue, but the windows did a pretty good job of insulating the noise. It may disturb a very light sleeper but most would not have a problem. What may disturb you is the frightful door slamming. It really is my only complaint about the property.
The hotel is spotlessly clean, from the public facilities to the suites, the property is excellently maintained. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I have stayed at higher end hotels and not received the pleasant service I did here. As other suite hotels, the mini-fridge and microwave, along with a bar sink are nice conveniences. Towels were available poolside. The beds were very comfortable. I do not like super firm beds, and these were just right. There are two computers with printers available 24 hours a day.
The breakfast was typical of what you see in chain buffet breakfasts. While nothing special, It is perfectly adequate for most people: oatmeal with a selection of toppings, cold cereals, bagels,croissants, toast, sliced meats and cheeses during the week, make your own waffles on the weekends, and pork or vegetarian sausage. They did offer scrambled eggs but they were the reconstituted powdered eggs. Trust me when I say steer clear of those. The coffee and juices were very good. I was disappointed that they discontinued 24 hour coffee service in the lobby as the coffee provided for the in-room brewers was complete swill. Better to grab a to-go cup in the morning and pop it into the fridge to zap in the microwave later. I know, I know, not the best solution but you'll thank me if you try the in-room coffee just once.
I had considered staying at one of the other mid-range chains along Hwy 29, but after choosing Spring Hill I was glad I hadn't. The other properties did not really offer convenience to restaurants or shopping, they were simply along the main highway but still required driving anywhere you had to go.
Overall, this is an attractive property offering excellent service at a reasonable price. Can you find swankier places in Napa Valley? Of course, but if you don't need spa services or ritzy restaurants, I highly recommend Spring Hill Suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the custom built SpringHill Suites by Marriott Napa Valley. The SpringHill Suites by Marriott Napa Valley hotel is designed to Assure, Inspire and Renew travel life. This uniquely designed, innovative, all suite hotel will energize your stay by combining familiar comforts with travel smart features. The new SpringHill Suites by Marriott Napa Valley will serve as your fabulous oasis in the heart of Napa Valley. Start your day feeling refreshed with our complimentary breakfast. Whether you are here for leisure, wine tasting or business, we offer over 6,200 sq. ft. of event space along with a variety of catering options. Relax with a glass of wine at our fire pit or take a dip in our outdoor heated pool and hot tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, HotelsClick, Agoda, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites Napa Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Napa Valley Hotel Napa
- SpringHill Suites Napa Valley CA