“Affordable, Close, Clean”

SpringHill Suites Napa Valley
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed November 22, 2011

This place is a gem! We wanted a clean, close, and affordable hotel in a Napa..we found it. While most hotels were over $300, this hotel was around $150 a night. Even though this hotel is on the outskirts of Napa it was still very close to all the wineries. We were able to check in and go back to town rather quick. NOTE: if your looking for a quaint winery hotel with great views of the valley, this probably isn't it. This hotel is out of town by the airport. However, it is a new chain hotel with clean spacious rooms, and a very good continental breakfast. What I really like about all SpringHill suites is a family of 5 can fit in one room. There is a separate sitting area with a pull out bed, very convenient.

Room Tip: 5 people can fit in most rooms
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Napa Valley

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Initial impression: WOW what a lobby! Open and impressive looking out to a warm sunset. From there, you notice how clean everything is: Immaculately clean outside and inside. Rooms are modern, well laid out and comfortable. (Only criticism here: my wife found the lights at the mirror too dim for doing make-up.) Breakfast (included) is typical Ameri-Continental, but served hot, fresh and the hostess paid a lot of attention to keeping everything well stocked, tables cleared and clean and was very welcoming and engaging. Outside seating was available on a beautiful terrace. Grounds were also well-kept and obviously well-attended. In short, every point of contact with the guest here showed pride of ownership by the employees. All this and 5 minutes from downtown Napa!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are nice, also, maybe request a sunset view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2011

The hotel staff had our booking information wrong and refused to correct it. Gave us the wrong room , would not change the reservation or take any steps to correct the mistake, yet insisted on charging us if we didn't stay. Final price was considerably more than the reservation price. Wait staff at breakfast would not allow us to take food from the buffet within minutes of breakfast ending, instead they discarded the food. Housekeeping knocked on the door 3 times hours before checkout...would not recommend, overpriced, dishonest and rude,

Room Tip: Make sure your reservations spell out EXACTLY what type of room you want, no guarantee though..
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mark d
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We just returned from an amazing 5 day stay in Napa. Everything was fantastic - except the hotel. We decided to stay there because we didn't want to spend a lot on hotel - rather spending it on food and wine.
For one, we were woken up at 6am with all the sinks in our room backing up with sewage. When we told the hotel staff this, it was as if we were impositioning them! Thankfully, we were able to switch rooms - not easily though, and not without attitudes from the front desk staff.
Second, we heard of many guests complaining of ants in their rooms - well our friends unfortuantely had to deal with this, and again - the staff acted as though we were bothering them by asking for a new room.
Their weekday rate was average - probably low by napa standards, but goes up over $100 a night for the weekend - for which the room then becomes overpriced for everything else you have to deal with.
Next time we are more likely to splurge for a better hotel - with staff that appreciates our business, and a much better location as well.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a second level. We did - when we checked in (3 hours early), and we were given e...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I've stayed at numerous hotels in the Napa area and most are overpriced and pretentious. The staff here was super friendly and the hotel is really nice...it seems more like a boutique hotel rather than a SpringHill Suites. It's nice knowing that since the hotel opened not too long ago, everything in the room is new. I loved that the room had a little kitchenette with a fridge, microwave and coffee-maker, so we were able to stock the room with our own favorite snacks and drinks. The lounge area that has a fireplace and a bar is pretty fun to hang out at and the pool and hot tub are perfect after a long day of wine-tasting! My favorite part was the breakfast...the FREE breakfast. It included all the things normal breakfast buffets include, but I was very pleasantly surprised that it also included fresh-made eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal plus a waffle-maker. All in all, great value and great experience. We will definitely stay here again next time we're in Napa!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights for my cousin's wedding. I had been to Napa two times previously and I'm really glad this hotel is here now. It seems fairly new, so all the facilities are still well kept. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, especially the bartender who was working the evening shift while we were there. The location couldn't be better, it's about a 5-10 minute ride to the Napa outlets, and - more importantly - only a little further to all the great wineries.

The free breakfast buffet only offers a few dishes (scrambled eggs that weren't so great, bacon, sausage, muffins, toast, waffles) but it's fine for a quick meal to start the day. There are plenty of places nearby to get breakfast if you're not in the mood for it. Coffee and tea service are set up all day long.

I didn't swim in the pool but at least there is one there for people who want it. There's a fire pit the pool for the chilly evenings. The back patio is a great place to have a drink and relax.

The rooms are okay, not great. I think they are all studio style - a small sitting area that is right next to an open bed area that is only slightly bigger than the bed(s). I'm not crazy about the setup of the bathroom - toilet and tub in a separate room with a door and the sink outside - but I'm seeing that a lot more in newer hotels. I'd rather have one big closed off bathroom.

I don't think you'll get views of anything exciting from any of the rooms because there are only 3 floors and it's sort of in the middle of a lot of undeveloped land. The hallways are pretty quiet at night.

There's also a coin operated laundry room on the first floor and I think the front desk will give you free detergent powder if you ask. This really comes in handy if you're there for more than a couple of days.

There are no restaurants on site, and no room service, but you can easily get food delivered to the hotel. We got pizza delivered one day and it was pretty good. There's also an In-and-Out nearby and a decent Italian restaurant across the highway (I can't remember the name). There are also fast food places within a few miles, and a Wal-mart. Once you get near the wineries there are great restaurants like French Laundry and the Greystone Restaurant at the Culinary Institute.

For the price, in this area, I think this is a good place to stay if you're not looking for a luxury stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2011

This is a great hotel to stay in if you're traveling with kids. Obviously, the rooms are suites and big enough to accommodate a family of 4 comfortably. We were in town to attend a wedding in Sonoma...about 15-12 minutes away. We booked a suite for 2 nights. When the hotel first gave us our room, we found that we were right next to the entrance of the hotel and near the elevator. We called the front desk to ask if we could change to a room that wasn't going to be so noisy. The manager walked to our room with our new keys and escorted/helping us with our luggage to our new room. The customer service was refreshing and he didn't make us feel like we were inconveniencing him in anyway. The complimentary breakfast buffet each morning was perfect too! I didn't feel bad if my kids ate too little or too much and the selection was just right...loved the make-your-own waffles! The only thing I would say is not so great about the hotel is the location. It's kind of out in nowhere. I understand it's in Napa and surrounded by wineries, none of which my husband and I took part in. We did take the kids to the Jelly Belly Factory one town over and that was fun. But one of our days here, we were spending time at the pool and my husband wanted to grab a quick something for lunch. He went to the lobby where the hotel said they had a market, but all they sold were canned soups and microwaveable TV dinners. He asked the front desk for the closest restaurant and it was down the street...an Italian restaurant that cost him $15 for a lunch entree. There are no fast food, quick restaurants in the immediate area. You have to drive down the highway about 5-10 minutes if you want your typical chain stores. Just know this when you're booking. Other than this fact, it was a nice family hotel. I would probably stay at this hotel again if I was ever in the Napa area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the hotel entrance...possibly closer or facing the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family