“An excellent Napa experience!”

Napa Tours and Chauffeur
Ranked #13 of 122 Tours in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing personal guide services and bespoke wine tours to discerning clients for over 12 years. My name is Tac Fair, owner and operator of Napa Tours and Chauffeur (Napatac) and I understand how valuable vacation time is and that a trip to Wine Country can represent a significant investment of time and money. Why not make sure you get the most out of your adventure by hiring a local expert create a personalized experience tailored to your specific preferences? Unlike most services, I am not merely a driver, I am a Napa Valley local with over 20 years as an entrepreneur in wine and food hospitality which has allowed me to cultivate many unique relationships within the wine industry. I have an extensive knowledge of local history, winemaking and viticultural practices, and also unlike other services, I am your sole point of contact throughout the booking and itinerary creation process as well as the one behind the wheel while we are touring. Whether you are an experienced collector or just starting to explore wine, your input will be the catalyst for a well-researched and unique itinerary. All of my tours are private and itineraries are custom designed to meet the specific tastes of each client. If by chance I am already committed on your desired date, I do have the ability to work with you to create the perfect itinerary, and then arrange for a wine expert colleague to be your host for the day. Please read the reviews below, then take a moment to visit my website to submit a Tour Request. Rest assured that I will exceed your expectations as I have done for so many others over the years! Cheers, Tac
New York City, New York
“An excellent Napa experience!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Tac was suggested by the concierge at the BB my husband and I were staying at and we couldn't have been happier!

Tac was very professional, patient and easy to work with. He was very knowledgeable on all things Napa. He was able to create a customized wine tour for us based on our specifications. He was very patient as we went back and forth a few times trying to pinpoint the perfect Napa experience we wanted.

On the day of the trip, he was sure to give us insider tips at each of the vineyards on what to look out for, how to taste the wine and what to ask for; all of which, made our day that more special and enjoyable! He was also very helpful in giving us suggestions on what to do for the rest of our time in Napa.

We highly recommend him! If you want a personalized, stress-free day where you get to take in all that Napa has to offer (wine, food, nature) go with Tac!

D&G

Visited March 2014
Napatac, Owner at Napa Tours and Chauffeur, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Hello Divya D, Thank you for your kind review. I was honored to be a part of such a special time for the two of you. I hope the experiences I was able to introduce you to helped create lasting memories that you will associate with our beautiful valley for many years to come.
I look forward to making your next trip to Wine Country just as special! Tac

Arlington, Virginia
“Perfect Day in Napa”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This was our first visit to Napa, and having Tac as a driver and guide was a perfect way to kick-off our trip. He really listened to our interests (smaller family owned wineries, beautiful grounds, etc.), and tailored our experience for an amazing day. He planned all of our stops, and introduced us to some exceptional new wines. Tac really goes above and beyond by giving recommendations and tips for the other days of our trip where we were on our own.

Visited May 2014
Hello NSEIFERT12, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I think I have the best job in the world, meeting folks like yourself and introducing them to fabulous wines they would not find on their own! I am glad I was also able to help direct you in some other activities on the days we were not together. Enjoy the wines you brought home, I look forward to helping you re-stock when you return! Tac
Richmond, Virginia
“Perfect day in Napa!”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Just returned from a perfect day trip from San Francisco to Napa with Tac! From the time he took to ensure he understood our expectations and interests when planning the wineries to visit, to the fun and informative conversation throughout the day, Tac created a great experience we all thoroughly enjoyed! Our visits were to smaller, family run wineries, and we really enjoyed these more intimate visits and the excellent wine at each. Lunch was a great stop at Mustard's Grill, also suggested by Tac, and was delicious. The entire day was comfortable, unhurried, informative and tasty! I will recommend Tac to friends and absolutely secure his services the next time we visit Napa!

Visited May 2014
Napatac, Owner at Napa Tours and Chauffeur, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Hi Toni,
Thank you so much for posting your kind review. I had a wonderful time showing you and your lovely family around Napa Valley and I look forward to hosting you again. You don't however need to wait until your next trip to contact me again, please feel free to reach out for any Napa or wine related needs. Consider me you "Wine Country Connection". Cheers!
Tac
Buckeye, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Napa: Two Amazing Days”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Whenever my wife and I go on vacations we always do some “homework” well in advance of the trip (buy and read travel books of the area/place we are going, do internet research, etc.). When we decided to visit the Napa & Sonoma valleys for 5 days in late April, we were looking for a day to have a limo driver take us to various wineries – so we didn’t have to worry about driving and could enjoy samples of the terrific wines the area has to offer. Through my wife’s research, we found Tac (Tracy "Tac" Fair, Owner, Napa Tours and Chauffeur). Tac is a Bay Area native, restaurateur and entrepreneur with many fantastic connections in the wine, restaurant and hospitality industries and based on his phenomenal “Reviews” on Trip Advisor, she contacted him via e-mail. Tac responded quickly with a terrific note asking us about our plans and our wine preferences and knowledge and based on our response he created a sample itinerary for a day visiting 4 wineries, which included a stop for lunch in the middle. Based on what we saw on the sample itinerary, we decided to find out if Tac was available for another day during the other 4 days of our visit. He was, so we booked another day with him. About two months before our trip, Tac sent the final itineraries for the two days we were going to be with him. He briefly describes the wineries and lunch stop, their specialties and a little about what we might expect. An example of these descriptions for one of the wineries was: “A cozy family owned winery offering boutique hand-crafted wines. Their premium, award winning Estate Cabernet Sauvignon is a beautiful example of what Napa Valley has to offer. They also occasionally release small lots of Chardonnay, Pinot, and Syrah to keep things interesting”.

Tac has many contacts throughout the entire area and can recommend wineries people may never have heard of and most of the wineries we visited conducted private tastings just for us, or tastings with maybe one or two other couples. Having this type of access was fantastic, we learned a lot about each winery and were able to ask many questions without interruptions and feeling like we were being rushed! In fact, after each winery we visited, I was wondering how the next one was ever going to be able to measure up to the incredible one we just left!

In my opinion, spending two days with Tac was one of the best decisions we ever made. He is a real down to earth person and his knowledge of the area, wines, restaurants and such is absolutely amazing. He definitely selected wineries that were perfect matches with our tastes and preferences. That said; Tac really was much more than just a driver. When we parted company at the end of our 2nd day with him, he seemed like a real friend. And to show what a professional and terrific person he really is, the day after we got home from our trip he sent us a note of appreciation which among many truly nice personal comments included the following statements: “As I mentioned when we parted, should you or any of your acquaintances have a need for Napa related services, comments or advice, do not hesitate to contact me. Please consider me your Wine Country Connection”.

On our next visit to the Napa area there is no doubt in my mind that we will be spending more time with Tac! In fact, when planning for our next trip to Napa, we will definitely contact Tac to see if he will be available during the time frames we are considering and if he’s not, we will revise our plans to be sure that he is available! I would strongly suggest to anyone considering this type of service in the Napa area to engage Tac!!

Visited April 2014
Napatac, Owner at Napa Tours and Chauffeur, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Hello CodysMom21,
Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review. I understand how valuable your vacations are and what an act of faith it was to put a large portion of this one into my hands. I am glad you feel it was such a good decision! When one considers the cost of airlines, hotels, rental cars etc. not to mention lost time at work, a vacation represents an enormous investment. Protecting that investment by utilizing the knowledge of a local expert to help you get the absolute most out of your time seems a wise choice, it's what I do when I travel! I look forward to your return and showing you more of our beautiful Wine Country. Cheers,
Tac
Norway
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Napa wine touring at its best!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We were two coulples who had a fantastic day with Tac at the wheel! This was a real treat for us wine enthusiasts from Europe. Having never been to California, yet wanting to learn more about the Napa wine region, we were lucky to have been recommended Napa Tours and Chaufferu (Tac). A few emails with information about ourselves and our wine knowledge, was enough for Tac to give us some great options to choose from. This really made the task easier of deciding what to focus on in the Napa Valley. We learned so much that day and all his advice was perfect. But Tac was much more than a driver for us. His knowledge about Napa and his personal touch made what would have just been "driving from vineyard to vineyard" a day to remember. We highly recommend his services! We hope to return to Napa some day and learn more about its wine production. Of course, we would like Tac at the wheel then, too!

Visited May 2014
Hello jkhmNorway, Thank you for your flattering review! I am honored that you let me play a small part in making your time in Napa Valley just a little more special. I have never advertised so it is quite satisfying to know that the "word of mouth" has penetrated as far away as Norway! I look forward to acting as ambassador to more Scandinavian friends in the future, cheers! Tac