“The best day of our vacation!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Napa Tours and Chauffeur

Napa Tours and Chauffeur
Ranked #15 of 113 Tours in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing personal guide services and bespoke wine tours to discerning clients for over 12 years. My name is Tac Fair, owner and operator of Napa Tours and Chauffeur (Napatac) and I understand how valuable vacation time is and that a trip to Wine Country can represent a significant investment of time and money. Why not make sure you get the most out of your adventure by hiring a local expert create a personalized experience tailored to your specific preferences? Unlike most services, I am not merely a driver, I am a Napa Valley local with over 20 years as an entrepreneur in wine and food hospitality which has allowed me to cultivate many unique relationships within the wine industry. I have an extensive knowledge of local history, winemaking and viticultural practices, and also unlike other services, I am your sole point of contact throughout the booking and itinerary creation process as well as the one behind the wheel while we are touring. Whether you are an experienced collector or just starting to explore wine, your input will be the catalyst for a well-researched and unique itinerary. All of my tours are private and itineraries are custom designed to meet the specific tastes of each client. If by chance I am already committed on your desired date, I do have the ability to work with you to create the perfect itinerary, and then arrange for a wine expert colleague to be your host for the day. Please read the reviews below, then take a moment to visit my website to submit a Tour Request. Rest assured that I will exceed your expectations as I have done for so many others over the years! Cheers, Tac
Huntington Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The best day of our vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

My partner and I of 17 years went to Napa to get married and enjoy a honeymoon. Tac took us on the best wine tour ever. He checked in with us a few weeks before the trip to make sure he would take us to wineries that had wines we liked. We had private tours/tastings at three wineries that were off the beaten path. We cannot wait to return to Napa and haveTac drive us around again. The experience of sitting down in the private backyard vineyards of the wine makers was extraordinary and unforgettable. Book him if you want an experience different from visitng the big HWY 29 wineries with tons of people. It surpassed any expectations we had.

Visited July 2013
Napatac, Owner at Napa Tours and Chauffeur, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hello Kim and Debbie,
Thank you for your kind review. It was absolutely my pleasure and my honor to be able to play a role in such an important occasion in your lives. Napa will always hold a special place in your hearts now, so I will look forward to making future anniversaries just as unique and memorable!
Cheers,

Des Moines, Iowa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Service and Itinerary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Tac set up a great two day itinerary with us just a week or so before we arrived in Napa. Always professional, courteous and helpful- we really felt lucky to have had such a great experience with him. We had been to Napa before and had other drivers- but he really stands out. He introduced us to wineries that we would have likely not found on our own and tasted and bought some exceptional wines to have in our cellar back home. We had private tours, lunch reservations and our whole day taken care of -I highly recommend his services and will not hesitate to call on him again.

Visited June 2013
Napatac, Owner at Napa Tours and Chauffeur, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hello MMGJGG,
Thank you taking the time to write such a kind review. I am always grateful for the praise that I have been fortunate enough to received from my clients over the years, but I am humbled when it comes from such seasoned travelers and wine collectors such as yourselves. I am so happy I was able to arrange experiences that could "wow" a couple of veterans of Wine Country. Well guess what? I am far from out of tricks! Now that we have spent some time together, I will be able to bring it up another notch when you return. (I already have a few places identified in my notes)
Cheers!
San Francisco, California, United States
“Incredible Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am almost hesitant to write this recommendation as I dont want Tac to be booked the next time that we head up to Napa, but as it was hands down one of the best experiences I have had, I feel obliged. From the very start, I knew that this was going to be the right choice. After shopping around a few different limo services for my girlfriend's birthday in Napa, I came across Tac. I called him up on the phone and after speaking with him for a few minutes I knew this was the right choice. His years of experience in Napa, as well as the food and wine industry created a depth of knowledge on the subject the likes I had not seen before. He spent the time to ask about what kind of trip we wanted to have, our favorite types of wine, food, etc. From there he crafted an incredible day for us, starting with a private tour of a wonderful vineyard, an amazing lunch at Addendum, and great stories and advice as we went from winery to winery. His car was spotless, his attitude was fantastic, and his driving top notch. I will 100% be using Tac the next time(s) I visit Napa.

Visited July 2013
Hello Ryan,
Thank you for your kind review. I am passionate about wine, but having owned and operated restaurants for many years I was thrilled to be able to create a day out for a group of "foodies". It was clear from the start that creating a special day for the birthday celebration was of paramount importance. Your clear and detailed input was the catalyst for the day, and I am so happy to have exceeded your expectations. Until next time, Cheers! Tac
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We had an excellent day with Tac. We found him to be professional, personable, and extraordinarily knowledgable relative to the Napa area. He customized our itinerary based on our preferences and we visited wineries that we never would have found on our own. Tac was totally focused on us during the tour. At one point, as we were returning to the car from a tasting Tac was on the phone with another client. When we reached the car I overheard him say "can I call you back? I am with some clients and I want to give them my full attention". That pretty much sums up the experience you will have with Tac. We enthusiastically recommend him.

1 Thank Mitch P
Napatac, Owner at Napa Tours and Chauffeur, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Hello Mitch P,
Thank you for your kind review. I had a great time showing around Napa Valley and look forward to your next visit. I try to stay completely focused on my clients each and every tour. After all, you are the one on vacation, and I am the one "on the clock". I have to admit however, sometimes I am having as much fun as you are!
Cheers,
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I visited napa for the first time during the second week of June. Our inn arranged this guided tour for us and we couldn't have been more pleased! Tac catered to our every need and provided a variety of experiences for us as this was our first time touring napa wineries. He was very knowledgable regarding all things napa and is just a gentleman in every sense of the word. Our picnic lunch was so nice and elegant. We loved all if the wineries he suggested and couldn't have had a better time. Thank you Tac for such an awesome experience!

Visited June 2013
Napatac, Owner at Napa Tours and Chauffeur, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hello LeeW33168,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a flattering review. I always look forward to playing "Ambassador" and introducing visitors to the Napa Valley for the first time. I am glad you enjoyed the winery selections and the picnic lunch you allowed me to provide for you. I owned and operated restaurants for years before becoming a personal guide, so I have a passion for food as well as wine! I hope you are enjoying some of the wonderful wines that you acquired while in Wine Country and I look forward to seeing you on your next Napa Adventure.
Cheers!