“What a day!!”

Napa Tours and Chauffeur
Ranked #12 of 128 Tours in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing personal guide services and bespoke wine tours to discerning clients for over 12 years. My name is Tac Fair, owner and operator of Napa Tours and Chauffeur (Napatac) and I understand how valuable vacation time is and that a trip to Wine Country can represent a significant investment of time and money. Why not make sure you get the most out of your adventure by hiring a local expert create a personalized experience tailored to your specific preferences? Unlike most services, I am not merely a driver, I am a Napa Valley local with over 20 years as an entrepreneur in wine and food hospitality which has allowed me to cultivate many unique relationships within the wine industry. I have an extensive knowledge of local history, winemaking and viticultural practices, and also unlike other services, I am your sole point of contact throughout the booking and itinerary creation process as well as the one behind the wheel while we are touring. Whether you are an experienced collector or just starting to explore wine, your input will be the catalyst for a well-researched and unique itinerary. All of my tours are private and itineraries are custom designed to meet the specific tastes of each client. If by chance I am already committed on your desired date, I do have the ability to work with you to create the perfect itinerary, and then arrange for a wine expert colleague to be your host for the day. Please read the reviews below, then take a moment to visit my website to submit a Tour Request. Rest assured that I will exceed your expectations as I have done for so many others over the years! Cheers, Tac
Reviewed February 13, 2013

To say we were happy with our decision to hire Tac is an understatement. We had the most wonderful experience with Tac in January 2013. Tac was most professional and good grief was he knowledgable of the Napa region! Couple this with his great personality and amazing weather and we had the most perfect day. Tac made winery suggestions based on our conversation of what we were looking for that proved to be excellent! We were fortunate to have a 70 degree day in January which afforded us opportunity to have a picnic. Tac took us to Oakville Grocery to pick out our meal and that made for such a cool experience. We would have never known about Oakville Grocery had we not been with Tac! We shipped back CA treats from Oakville Grocery including some awesome olive oil! Tac was prompt, a safe and good driver, made us feel comfortable as well as appreciated AND, most importantly, Tac was genuinely fun. Tac will be a part of our trip should we be fortunate enough to return to Napa! Do yourselves a favor and experience Napa with one of the finest tour guides ever!

Napatac, Owner at Napa Tours and Chauffeur, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Hello Lynne L,
Thank you for your Kind review, and thank you for choosing to use my services. I know there are many choices for transportation services in the Napa Valley, but I really consider myself a guide than a chauffeur. I am constantly amazed that visitors will commit their very valuable vacation time to visiting Napa Valley, invest significant sums in accommodations and dining, then leave the winery selections to vague online reviews or the recommendations of friends who may have only been here once or twice. Worse yet is to hire a transportation company that has a handful of “favorite wineries” that no doubt pay a kickback for bringing clients to them, just to save a few dollars. I am out in the vineyards on a daily basis keeping abreast of not only the ever-changing vintages but also the staff, management and quality of experiences offered by the wineries. Thank you for allowing me to share my local expertise with you so that you could make the utmost of your very coveted vacation time!
Cheers, Tac

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Tac is an amazing tour guide. We toured with Tac in July 2010 and again in January of this year. We will definitely book him again whenever we are lucky enough to return. He knows his way off the beaten path which truly makes for a unique and fun experience. It will be your best day in the Napa Valley! Cheers!

Napatac, Owner at Napa Tours and Chauffeur, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Hello Ashley277 , Thank you for your kind review, and thank you for bringing your friends along on this trip. I love introducing new guests to the valley as much as I love “My Regulars” like you. I just visited a new winery and said to myself, “I know who would love this!” and made some notes in your file for the next trip, which I hope is soon!
Cheers,

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I were on our first trip to Napa with another couple, and we found Tac on tripadvisor. We had the best experience from start to finish. Tac immediately made us feel at home and comfortable, and his knowledge of the region, its wine, and the local cuisine were incredible. We wanted to get a full Napa experience, without the over-crowded large-scale wineries, and Tac put together a fabulous day at small and mid-size places with personal touches all along the way. If we ever went back, we would definitely give him a call!

Napatac, Owner at Napa Tours and Chauffeur, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Hello Graham W, Thank you for your kind review. I am very happy I could help make your first trip to Napa unique and memorable. With over 500 wineries Napa Valley and several hundred more in Sonoma choosing which properties to visit can be intimidating. Your thoughtful input was the catalyst for my itinerary creation. I take detailed notes, so next trip I will be able to create experiences that will even better match your specific tastes and preferences. I look forward to seeing you on your next Wine Country Adventure!
Cheers,

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Our first trip to NAPA and Wow! I cannot image what it would have been like without TAC!! He made it so memorable for us! Amazingly knowledgeable and fun and choose our winery visits like he knew us before we even got there!!! They were each so perfect! My husband really enjoyed how much he knew about the history of Napa, who's who, as well as, current comings and goings of real estate and, of course--WINE! He was so helpful to coordinate, secure our appointments and drive us everywhere for the entire day. (we needed it). I cannot wait to go back and spend more time with TAC at the wheel! He truly made our experience one we will NEVER forget!

Hello Durrance5, Thank you for your very kind review, I think I may have had as much fun as you did! Besides the wineries we visited on our day out together, I’m glad you also enjoyed the other experiences I helped line up for the days when you ventured out on your own. I am always happy to be a resource for all things related to Wine or Wine Country. Until next time, Cheers!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were referred to Tac when we went on our honeymoon in 2005. Tac gave an AMAZING tour and really focused in on wineries he thought we would like (we had been to Napa previously, but had never had a formal tour). Our next time in Napa was this past August. We of course sought out Tac to give us another tour of wine country. He did not disappoint. When I first submitted an inquiry on his website, he responded within the day. His care in selecting the wineries we toured was much appreciated and totally spot on. The focus of the day was on smaller, less touristy wineries that produce fantastic wine. We enjoyed ourselves so much, we shipped over 10 cases of wine back home to New York! In addition to the wineries being fantastic, Tac does a wonderful job of providing information about the Valley, but is not intrusive at all. He will provide as much or as little insight as you ask for. I have referred co-workers to Tac as well, and both have said that their experience was way beyond expectations, even though I told them it would be great. We plan to make a trip to Napa on a regular basis, and I can guarantee we will use Tac each time!